5 gallon 6 bucket DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Raider,Glad to see you finally getting in the game.Things are looking pretty good for you,
Oh and THANKS again for your help on my clone problem,Im now getting 99-100% sucess rate,Ive started playing around using rockwool with the plastic on them,so far all 15 are still alive.10 SLH and 5 NL.
My flower room is full now,with the second harvest in less then 2 weeks and another harvest 3 weeks from that and on and on Im hoping lol.

Yeah everythings running pretty good for me overhere except those damn mites mostly on 1 plant i think i got rid of most of them by rubbing off the underside of the leaf with a soapy towel.Leaves started to burn up, soapy leaves and a HID Im not doing that again.
You said 99-100% rooting?You came a long way from those rotting-half budding clones you had haha nah glad you got it down.
Alright im at day 12 right now. I took pictures everynight so far so ima try to keep that going.
I have 1 pk that i left the res water leveled with the bottom of the net pot and sure enough it didnt grow its still 4" the 2 biggest are double that so i dropped the water level and got roots.And I just put a bag over my GWS clones cuz my RH dropped to 28% *** but there showing roots too.The root shot is of the bubba

Pk Day 10.jpg

Bk Day10.jpg

setup.JPG

Pk Day 11.jpg

Bk Day 11.jpg

Pk Day 12.jpg

Bk Day 12.jpg

roots.JPG

GWS.JPG

I know its stretching a lil but take a look this guys pk grow, I dont want mine to be midgets looking like that plus im using 3 cfl's from 6am to 8 am then off until 7pm to 11pm to mimick the sunrise and sunset.The 600 comes on at 7am to 8pm for full sun.

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx09t8TJPsI[

Raidernation said:
I know its stretching a lil but take a look this guys pk grow, I dont want mine to be midgets looking like that plus im using 3 cfl's from 6am to 8 am then off until 7pm to 11pm to mimick the sunrise and sunset.The 600 comes on at 7am to 8pm for full sun.

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx09t8TJPsI[

This is not a good light schedule
and is most likely causing your stretching problem. We are not trying to mimic daylight hours--we are trying to optimize growing conditions. You should be running your lights 24/7 with all the light you have available.

Update day 23
thx the hemp godess I knew that but these are indicas and im trying to get them tall i have the light 3 feet from the bottom of the net pot there getting taller as of right now its working alright no hermies cant wait till flower there bushing out secondary shoots are growing 1 inch a day now almost,o ya and topped at 9 inches the 2 pk's.the other pk that was attacked by mites and had a airation problem roots got slime,the other pk had a messed up airstone the kind with big airbubbles that makes it look like a geyser is going off in there.Let it be known anyone trying dwc for the first time to check the air coming out it should be small bubbles not too strong not too weak to cover the whole top of the water level im gonna get another pump so i can get 2 stones in each bucket because once the roots reach one side the other side of roots will be stale cuz the mass of roots will eat up the water current and oxygen.Be safe and get suction cups to place it in the middle

DSC00071.JPG

DSC00072.JPG

DSC00073.JPG

Raidernation said:
Update day 23
thx the hemp godess I knew that but these are indicas and im trying to get them tall i have the light 3 feet from the bottom of the net pot there getting taller

You dont want stretch, what you want is a compact, short internode plant.
Once you switch to 12\12 your plant will elongate at the nodes to fill in with bud, this will make the buds form into on another to form nice colas.

Keep your light as close as possible at all times, use the back of your hand to tell if its hot. no more than a couple feet ever. This will form big thick stems and dense tight foliage.

Good looking plants besides that.

Raidernation,

I'm still confused on the clone rooting thing. Are you rooting them somewhere else and then transplanting them into the clay balls or rooting them into the clay balls in your bucket directly?

Also, what are your rez temperatures -- pretty high is a very subjective and vague term -- for some purposes 100F would be pretty warm and for other purposes 45F would be pretty warm.

I'm glad to see yours are doing so well. Good smoking.

DonJones said:
THG,
Your input on pot size would be appreciated too.

I don't have any air pumps, but I'm thinking of buying PETCO's largest ones with 4 outlets, 4 check valves, 4 air stones and 4 pieces of 78" long tubing, all for under $25USD ($22.49 + S&H on-line). (That brings up another question -- which works the best, air stones, bubble walls or just fastening the tubing down in the bucket and letting the air come out in bigger bubbles?) Then I would use two pumps using one to power the siphon pump in the water farm drip rings and the other one to aerate the solution. That way I would have at least one level of redundancy should something mess up with one of the pumps -- unless both pumps went out at the same time I'd have either the bubble system or the water farm drip system going. Also, that is the setup that my mentor uses so I'm going to follow his lead until I know a whole lot more than I know now.

Also, do you run the bubbles 24/7 or on a timer? Since the bubbles and water farm both are putting highly oxygenated water on the balls, do the balls need a chance to drain like in an ebb & flow system or can they run constantly like an aero system?

Thank you for your patience and help.

Many small bubble give you more surface area than big bubbles. When using in DWC use the air stones that give micro bubbles, the bubbling/rolling motion of not using an air stone is not what a grower wants.

Yeah I wrote at the top that I got the pk and bk clones at a dispensary they were rooted already.The other great white sharks I had I took pics of cuts from a friends plant.I could see how you can get :confused:
I dont think most people throw in clones directly in dwc I dont think ive seen a person do that
Heres 4 cuts I took from 2 pk's yesterdsay and a lil gpd to smoke
res temps are 78 right now according to the therm
The airstones are the same kind they just perform differently
I saw your writeup good **** man.

DSC00074.JPG

Raidernation,

Okay, root the clones out real good before transplanting them.

How is the best way to do that so that transplanting them into the clay balls, coco chips, grow stones or what ever you use doesn't damage the roots during transplanting?

I'm pretty sure that using either dirt or soilless like black gold would mandate "washing the soil off of the roots" before before transplanting to keep the soil from washing out into the rez and clogging things up; and I can't believe that would be good for the roots. I can see where rooting into pearlite might be less damaging to the roots because you can immerse the container into water deep enough to "float" the pearlite away from the roots, which would lessen the trauma to the roots.

Wouldn't rooting into Oasis cubes and just inserting the cube into the net pot be even less traumatic to the roots? Wouldn't rooting into Rockwool be basically the same as using Oasis other than the need to prepare the Rockwool by soaking and rinsing it and then wondering if you got everything out that would effect the PH while rooting the clone?

Also, what temperature should the rooting media, including the water if using cloning machines, be at during the cloning/rooting to obtain the best results?

Thanks for your help and patience.

yeah i saw your setup mindzeye real nice some tall *** plants.Thats kinda what im going for I dont have that much room though maybe 6' - light
How did the pk smoke? smoke report on that?

Clone cab looks poor now but itll pick up

DSC00095.JPG

DSC00097.JPG

nah i dont like the domes they create too much moisture they start rotting if i dont check them for a couple days.pk is not a keeper for you?those nugs look bomb dude.but prolly just personal preference

the pk's are branchy and getting a little outta control im pinching them but they wont stop growing.I supercropped them before switch check out the scars

DSC00115.JPG

DSC00116.JPG

DSC00104.JPG

DSC00105.JPG

DSC00108.JPG

DSC00109.JPG

DSC00110.JPG

DSC00111.JPG

DSC00112.JPG

DSC00114.JPG

ive pinched all tops 6" down the stem there still growing!does anyone know if there are any negative effects to doing this?Also anyone that has grown pk how long until the stretch ends?

Hemp Goddess warned you about stretching, but you didn't take heed friend!

Next time kep the lights on 24/7 untill they are about a foot tall. Keep the lights close, and add more if they start to stretch. They are telling you that they need more light! If you have adequate lighting you will have internodes that are roughly 1/2 inch apart. I get this with fluoros and cfl's so you can too. Paint the walls white, water and watch!
By the time you switch to flower you will have a VERY bushy plant with MANY branches AND room to flower them.
No need to pinch, top or lst, unless you want to. I have plants that have stopped upward growth at approx. 26" on this regimen. Indica/sativa cross.
Nice full colas, heavy with resin. Give your plants the love and TLC and they will reward you my friend! :)

shouldve wouldve couldve it doesnt matter now does it? I wanted them to stretch and thats what i got i just wanted to know if there were any negative effects to pinching the length of the stem its def getting thicker though.
And i think 600 watts is enough light there not looking for any more

Yo raider ! been bouncing in and out on youre grow. IMO i would cut the leavexs in half at every other node from the 4th up. This will create more branching and doesnt affect the plant like topping does. ~

Latest posts

Back