Soil Mixes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to this whole organic soil and soil-less mixing. I have a general idea of what to mix as amendments go but as far as base soil goes and ratio per bag to mix it right is what has been confusing me, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

17 ingredients... cannabis only needs 17 elements,
I have to buy each element separately???
17inged.GIF
17elements.GIF

you people are crazy

absolutely... I was going more for amusement than complaining.
I got mine down to NPK and some goodies, not all of them, it'll have to do

absolutely... I was going more for amusement than complaining.
I got mine down to NPK and some goodies, not all of them, it'll have to do
What your soil lacks you can make up with Teas. Part of the great things about organic growing. The nutrients are all around we just got to find the easiest way to feed them to our plants.

Last edited:
SO as I am reading through all these mixes trying to find one that I might can do with what is available to me which is dang near neal. I mean I cant even get the Dr. Earth at my home depot without ordering to my store. But at least then shipping is free. LOL Anywho... has anyone used any of these with hard well water?

I'm new to this whole organic soil and soil-less mixing. I have a general idea of what to mix as amendments go but as far as base soil goes and ratio per bag to mix it right is what has been confusing me, any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Diddo

Taken me years to find soils I like to grow in.. even went as far as making Subcools Super Soil one year, that was not
cheap and is only affordable on a large scale.

Over 20+yrs and starting as a newb, I tried them all from pure Coir to all the local nurseries... finally I found

Roots Organics , Foxfarm's Strawberry Fields and their Bushmaster's Coco Loco. Only 3 I use and I mix them at
time to.
The RO green back is loaded with guanos and needs to be broken down by hand or grinder to get the most
advantage out of it and avoid hot spots.
SF is heavy on perlite and very loamy, perfect mix for RO.. being a mushroom compost, known to throw toad stools
BCL is heavy on the coir and peat, needs perlite so again a great one to mix with the SF...

Using any of these, I have no ph issues and run tap water..

I have also used many.
ProMix is a good none ferted soil.
Fox Farms Happy Frog is a great soil. And I have used FF Ocean Forest but I'm hearing ppl or having issues with bugs with it.
But believe it or not I have grown some dank ass weed in Miracle Grow. Once the vegging is over I have to supplement it with MG Bloom Booster and CalMag and I had no complaints of the outcome nor do my big ass tomatoes and veggies.

Latest posts

Back