PH during flush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fruity86 said:
if i get this right biggerbuds is saying empty the rez FIRST then fill/flush will PH'd water correct ? if he did this then they would be no nute in the rez for the plant to take up
duck are you saying keep the nutes in the rez and just change the PH so nute's can't be taken up by the plant

how i do it is empty the rez and fill up with PH'd water B/C i drained the rez only a small trace is left, a couple days later i change the water again

fruity I do not know what system you are running but What flushing does is wash away the build up of excess nutes and salts in your grow medium(rockwool,hydroton, ect.) and root zone. If you pH your water you are trying to feed these excess nutes and salts to your plants. If you use un-pHed water the plants are not feeding on these excess nutes and salts. They are being washed away.

If I were to flush my DWC I would empty my buckets and fill with un-pH water and then turn the airstones on. After what I would think would enough time to wash away these excess salts away. I would then see what my options were as to what to do next(This is dependent on the reason why you flushed and what shape the plant was in)

If I flush my rockwool cubed plants I place a bucket of un-pHed water and dunk the cube numerous times till I think the excess build up of salts have been washed away.I would then see what my options were as to what to do next(This is dependent on the reason why you flushed and what shape the plant was in)

If plants are in a tray I imagine, If a grower would run several cycles of un-pHed water through their system this would also wash away the excess nutes.

When I say un-pHed water this is water with NO nutes added to it.

Wow, that was the first time I opened that thread cause I dont know anything about the subject matter, I'm glad you guys stayed on the subject and left the goofy stuff to him.

pcduck and others,
Maybe the term ph'ed confused some of us. I had to re-read this a few times while parsing the varied outbursts to finally understand. I think!

My water is 6.25. I add nutes, ph goes to 5.25 or so in late flower stage. I then 'ph', or adjust the res ph back to 6.25 and let the res drift (usually down to 5.75 or so) until next res change, or re-ph between res changes to adjust back above 5.75 if it continues to drop. In my case I would have to 'ph' un-nuted water to get my res ph out of usable range, ie 5.5 and lower, or 6.5 and higher, to flush any residual fert out of rockwool. Correct?

So to recap:
We must adjust our res or flushing fluid to above 6.5 and below 5.5 to rinse excess ferts out of roots or root medium without being taken up by the plant.

Cheers.

6.25 is fine for flushing without pH'ing, since 5.8 is the optimal range for hydroponics.

gchristo said:
pcduck and others,
Maybe the term ph'ed confused some of us. I had to re-read this a few times while parsing the varied outbursts to finally understand. I think!

My water is 6.25. I add nutes, ph goes to 5.25 or so in late flower stage. I then 'ph', or adjust the res ph back to 6.25 and let the res drift (usually down to 5.75 or so) until next res change, or re-ph between res changes to adjust back above 5.75 if it continues to drop. In my case I would have to 'ph' un-nuted water to get my res ph out of usable range, ie 5.5 and lower, or 6.5 and higher, to flush any residual fert out of rockwool. Correct?

So to recap:
We must adjust our res or flushing fluid to above 6.5 and below 5.5 to rinse excess ferts out of roots or root medium without being taken up by the plant.

Cheers.

I have been smoking the whole day so i apologise in advanced. I'm pretty sure that's what we meant (lots of numbers are confusing after a smoke).

Pretty much as long as the Ph is out of the range for the plant to uptake then the plant is going to get flushed without up taking any nutes that are stored on roots or medium.

If you tap water is normally out of the hydro PH range to up take nutes then there is no need to adjust the ph when you flush. If you do adjust the ph to lets say 5.8 your plant will still up take the nutes that are stored on the roots and in the medium while flushing.

You beat me to it duck in allot less words hehe.

hey guys dont close it just yet can anybody prove last times method dose'nt work coz this is basicly my method apart from if i over nute i just lower the EC not dump the hole rez but my end of harvest flush is the same
when i dump my rez ready to flush i fill it back up with PH'd water the EC will be quite low as the remaining nutes on the root zone mix in with the new un-nuted PH water a couple days later i dump that rez and add new PH'd water my EC by the second time is that low i dont see the need to change it out again slowly but surely i get rid of the nutes without changeing the PH
i see how you do it duck im just asking if my method dose'nt work why dose my EC meter tell me different

fruity86 said:
hey guys dont close it just yet can anybody prove last times method dose'nt work coz this is basicly my method apart from if i over nute i just lower the EC not dump the hole rez but my end of harvest flush is the same
when i dump my rez ready to flush i fill it back up with PH'd water the EC will be quite low as the remaining nutes on the root zone mix in with the new un-nuted PH water a couple days later i dump that rez and add new PH'd water my EC by the second time is that low i dont see the need to change it out again slowly but surely i get rid of the nutes without changeing the PH
i see how you do it duck im just asking if my method dose'nt work why dose my EC meter tell me different

Fruity if you read the whole thread including what was deleted you would realise that we never said it wouldnt work.
We stated that if you do not PH you water then it will not have a bad effect while flushing, infact it will block the nute uptake in the 1st flush.
He insisted that YOU MUSH PH WATER, or your plants will basically be ruined.
That was the debate originally. I asked BB to prove this and he wouldn't. If you want proof of my point that it will block the Nutrients from being absorbed by the plant then look at a PH/ Nutrient chart. BB has blown this up to one person having to be right.

BB - Thanks for the nice PM :rolleyes:

And i will leave it up to the MOD and other members, hell i will start a poll, if you want me out just tell me. All i have done is ask you to prove your point that if you use water that has not been adjusted show me how it will ruin your plant for a flush.

right so both way work thats good enough for me
duck way works if you increase the ph slowly, what was is something like a ph increase of .4 and over can cause some type of harm correct me if i wrong, so to do it ducks way you would increase over a couple days intill you where out of the nute's range is that right m8 ?

i just read it it dont say anything about causeing harm just more nutes can be out of range with an increase of .4 it was your post
fruity the silly stoner
so my question is how much of an increase will cause harm ?

This is coming from me and me alone as i have been stating this based my own research.

If you are growing Hydro then you normally PH your water to about 5.8 so plant can be available to all nutes. What i have said is that if you have a tap ph of lets say 6.5 or a lower ph that what the plant can use to uptake nutrients then there is no need to ph the water as it will cause a nute block effect on the roots when watering which is what you want when flushing (to prevent any rush of food to the plant)

If you ph your water to 5.8 to flush the rock wool and roots then it will still feed the plant while flushing off all the nutes.

Now what BB had stated is that if you do that you will cause allot of problems to your plant with PH SHOCK, This is what i have stated is untrue.

If you wish to PH your water when flushing then yes its fine BUT it is not necessary IMO, this is what i have stated over and over again.

Fruity mate i have seen your grows over the past year or so and always impressed. Thanks for your civilised input in this thread.

BB wishing that god would kill me in PM is not going to make you right, you try to portray me as a bully but if i showed your PM then people would see who is the child trying to bully someone.

last-time-ok said:
and if you took in what i said you would understand that i said just because you have grown some plants and got away without not PH your water dose not mean you can grow all strain without PH the water,some strain will take it some will die and get sick.

open you eyers man will ya,did you not see this when i posted it up ?,its better to just PH all water thats going to hit the roots just to be on the safe side of life,ok do you understand yet ?

No i do not understand BB, I can see the negative in PH the water to flush, You have not yet shown me any proof of the benefit of adjusting ph when flushing. When you show me some proof that a ph change that small will cause damage then i will Open my eyes and believe you, if you just keep asking me to take your word for it then no i shall not.

last-time-ok said:
this is the problem,post of mine that proved what i said has been deleted ? WHY i tell you why,because you lot did not like to be proven wrong did ya ?

If you didnt swear and offend everyone in between the post then maybe it would still be here. Try posting it again with out the swearing and im sure it will stay.
Then again after you just told me you hope this site goes to hell in a PM i doubt you care very much.

Exactly how many usernames are you on at this point buds?

Hamster Lewis said:

Pretty sure this is the 5th now. I have to say BB you are the most determined person i have met on the site who wants to get his point across.

WHERE IS THE NUTES FOR THE PLANT TO CARRY ON FEEDING ON ????????

for the last time...flushing is washing away the excess nutes and salts that have built up in your grow medium. You can waste your time and money pH'ing your water but it is not necessary.

I have been doing it my way for a long time. This method has never killed/harmed or had any other ill effects on any of my plants

Plants do not need pH'ed water to take a drink just to feed.:doh:

last-time-ok said:
you have not grown a PH sensitve stain yet then have ya,i have never said anywhere that i think i know it all btw and i will never say it too.yes i am a very determined person,when i need to be.duck i take it you did not read what i have said,man you need to leave of the grass for bit.go back a few pages and re read carefully what i have wrote.there is no nutes for the plant to take up because you flushed the hell out of the system before hand,read about what i wrote about flushing are body with water and maybe,just hopefully you will get it this time,READ IT NICE AND SLOW PLEASE

Maybe you should read nice and slow. FLUSHING IS RINSING THE NUTES FROM YOUR MEDIUM.

The bold part above shows how confused you are BB, You state that you Flush the hell out of the system, Does this mean that you have PH adjusted this water you are flushing the hell out of with? If yes then you are FEEDING THE PLANT.

Apologise for the use of HELL.

Banned already :rofl::rofl:

Hamster Lewis said:

I am not sure HL but maybe Hick will allow a poll on what his next user name will be.:rofl: I have some ideas: biggerbiggerbuds, stardust1001, iamgod2,4thelasttimeagain,clueless,wishicouldgrownugslikeduck&Jer,Jer&duckrmyidols:rofl::rofl:

What will it be next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back