DWC Water temperature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grodude

Reaction score
I have read a few different things about what people believe is the best water temperature in an rdwc setup. The range seems to be from 60-68 degrees. If I can keep it at 60 is this best? Low 60's? Mid? High? Obviously this is assuming I can get it this cold, just curious what the plants like best

Typically, MJ does not like temps in the root zone below 60f and will quickly stop growing and go into stasis if the root zone drops below 60f. I run consistently in hydro that is a variant of RDWC and I have found that my plants thrive when I keep my water at 68f and my air at 75f. I have also seen how they react when temps consistently drop below 60f in the root zone.

^ Everything he said.. plus this

Nitrogen locks out somewhere in the 60's I believe.

I try to keep my res between 65° and 70° :aok:

Yeah, I've had loads of issues this year... with my soilless and low 50's for root zone. Not goooooood. lol

I won't even mess around anymore. Chilling in the summer, heating in the winter. C.O.N.T.R.O.L. mode! :D

When I was growing in Florida i used frozen water bottles in my DWC's to keep my root zone cool. Freaken Florida gets hot. Lol

Latest posts

Back