Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My son has one’a those Tragaer grills he raves about. I just have a little rusted out Weber grill. I never was fond of lamb either till my daughter-in-law made some Shepard’s pie from lamb. Her family is from Egypt and while she cooks fabulous, her mother does these Egyptian dishes and I have yet to find anything she made that I enjoyed. I like me some Italian, some Mexican and some Cajun though...

2Redeyes ...food I haven't found much of it that I don't like ;) I guess that it does depend on who is doing the cooking......:48:......

I spent a year in Korea and I ain't ever been drunk enough to get Kimchi past my lips !-- I still know that smell from way off !-- Sun Dried squid and all sorts of Korean food no problem ? --No Kimchi ever !

My two harlequin girls, they seem to be taking their sweet time and they are a bit stunted since I flowered them somewhat young. I got impatient trying to sex them. They took a long time to show their femininity but they both turned out to be girls. The one on the right is a bit fatter and has more buds but they both have a bit of time to go. Somehow I lost my macro lens that I use to check the trichomes. They look a lot like the autoflower plants I grew this year but they are photo period seeds.

View attachment 7CD038F9-5075-42FB-A90E-453D6520AF94.jpg

Morning O.F.C. !-- It's Sunday wanna get high ? -- It's either that or go start trimming and I'm not down with that yet !--

Good morning all,

2RE, what lights do you use? Do you clone? We need to up your game a bit. That harley looks good, just not enough of her.

Keef, when i send out seeds they are yours to breed or do whatever you want. Enjoy.

So my Valentine boy #2 is full of testosterone or something, the only one to root in my clone tray. So happy to be able to make balls again. so happy since the flip.. the other 2 valentine boys are polite and take there time.. Should I just use #2 to breed or keep all 3 in there to breed? Umbra, this job is cutting into our time with you.

Morning Rose --Keep the best !-- Leave the rest !-- Umbra do seem a little distracted !-- Good for him !--
RE shaping the plant some before bloom will help !-- I mostly take the top off at about 6 inches tall -- Make them branch -- Then when I move them to bloom to sex I can take a couple those bottom limbs for clones then let the little girl run while I'm rooting cuts from it for another run !-- A bubble cloner is easy !-- U can use just about anything that will hold water !-- Stick a some holes in a piece of Styrofoam that covers most of the surface of the water and take those bottom limbs and stick the stem thru a hole -- Get one those aquarium pumps and stone and put it in the water container --Have the cloner under 18/6 or 24/7 and they will reveg and root -- Giggy use a 3 lb coffee can to cone in !-- Once they got roots U can transplant them to dirt !-- No nutes or anything just root them in tap water !-- At that point though U are just one step away from growing DWC ( I'm high enough that I don't even remember what DWC means )-- DWC is water farming in a container that contains water with nutes in it and the aquarium bubbler running 24/7 !
That's how Jet Camel grows and he can rock it !-- U got a little place to veg then U can have plants ready for bloom when U harvest !-- Umbra runs that whole garage and does 5 harvest a year !

Nobody is perfect !-- I didn't shape this one any !-- This girl is my White Widow she turned 4 years old in August !-- I just keep rooting out cuttings and running her again !-- I won't get much off this runt but she keep giving and I keep taking -- I don't know how much she has produced for me in 4 years and she keeps giving !

View attachment 20171024_104130-1.jpg

My trouble is a very small grow space I have two (count’m) 2’x2’x3’ tall spaces. I live in a very small house actually a mobile. I have more room outside but that doesn’t help me this time of year and actually in my town we are not allowed to grow outside anyway, though I do when I can. In such a small space I didn’t splurge on lighting and I use bout 90 watts of 5000k led’s in one and 115 watts of the in the other. One space is actually a little bigger but not much. I can sub some 2700k for flower if I need to. Each space is vented and they are in an outbuilding so I have a small heater in each that is controlled to turn on below 75 deg. No cooling as I only used these spaces in winter. Spring to fall, I’m outside.
I have not tried cloning though I kinda think I’d be doing what Keef does. I have no room to keep mothers so I’d have to clone my clones. I’ll look into DWC...

So a couple of questions about DWC. How often do change the water? Also Keef, I’ve heard you say you use your old water to grow your veggies. How much stuff is in the water your pouring down the drain after. I always hear that disposing of used hydroponics water is hard on the environment. Using organic nutes is a no go in DWC, right?
It doesn’t look like it would be hard to set up a system. How to you transition from veg to grow? Do you do a whole box at time or can you move individual plants from box/space to box/space?
My veggie garden is outside but it is watered from a reservoir so I course the same water for that. I just started a soil grow but i will look into this for my next go round. Mayhaps I need to retire my g scenario as well.

RE -- This the first aerocloner I ever had !-- I think it got about 25 2 inch grow spots !-- That's my boy Waldo I keep him in DWC !-- I took the pump and sprayer out and filled it up with used nute water to the top and stuck a bubbler in and it is doing fine !-- I move plants from a box in veg to a fresh box in bloom with bloom nutes !-- All I do is top it off for 2 months till harvest !-- I change my veg nute water every 2 months or so !
When I discard old nute water I use it to water the house plants sometimes thru it out on the back yard !
If I ain't got time to mess around I pour it down the drain !-- I use Botonacare nutes -- Umbra some the others use a 3 part nute that U have to flush the sugars and out the plants or is taste bad !-- The Botonacare I can use right up to harvest !-- I'm about as organic as it gets except my Cal/Mag --I have to use cal/Mag because I use reverse osmosis water that got next to nothing in it !-- I do run a live res. I got lots of good bacteria and stuff !-- My used nute water don't hurt nothing !

View attachment 20171024_131034-1.jpg

That cloner is about 14 inches tall !-- It could be smaller !-- I can teach U how to work a small area grow !--
I got 2 dozen varieties in one square yard or so !

Richie Rich's organic tea !-- What I grow in is like a diluted form of this except I buy my concentrates cause I'm lazy !--

What is the pump for? I know I need an air pump but I’ve also read about something called top feeding. Is that the pump your talking about? For cloning, I just let the cut down into the water right?
Gonna give it a try after the current grow is done. I gotta up my game or Rose is not gonna let me try her CBD!

RE -- Don't let it seem more complicated than it is !-- Roots need O2 and leaves need CO2 !-- An air pump and air stone will work well enough !-- Waldo don't seem to mind !-- Top feeding ? -- Maybe foliar feeding ?
I said U could root cuts with tap water !-- I just stick them in one the boxes with nutes already in it plant don't care !-- I got a 2 inch doorknob drill and I order my baskets and collars which are cheap !-- It cost me about $50 or so to build a box but $25 is for the pumps I use !-- I don't have to fill my aero boxes all the way up with nute water !-- My boxes are 35 gallon boxes but 10 gallons is all I put in it !-- Instead of the roots floating around in nute water my pumps spray the roots it runs off and goes around again !

A look inside my aero boxes !-- That pump has a filter to keep those red micro sprayers from clogging !
U can see that I set my bubbler stone on top the pump !-(it live on the bottom of the box )--- The bubbler runs 24 /7 -- That water pump comes on 15 then off 15--- -Make it rain in the boxes !--- saves on water and nutes since I don't have to fill my boxes like I would with DWC !--

Then my nute line up !
Grow or Bloom -- I use 3 mils per gallon for bloom or veg -- In bloom I reduce the bloom nutes and add half Tiger Bloom -- Still runs a little hot !-- The Cal /Mag is because there is plenty in dirt or tap water but none in RO water !-- I use 5 mils per gallon -- Voodoo Juice is a beneficial microorganism inoculate - I add 3 mils per gallon only when refilling a box -- Same with that bag called Mycos --They are packed with the beneficial bacteria !-- Laid across the top is EM1 -- I divide my grow experience into before EM1 and after EM1 --I gotta have it !--5 mils per gallon in every gallon !--
--

View attachment 20171024_161159.jpg

View attachment 20171024_161510-1.jpg

Keeps me from wondering if it is time to water and do they need to be fed or not ? -- I just check water level once a week and top them off !-- Only the Botanacre Bloom and Grow are nutes the other stuff is just additives !

Evening stoners. Work is done, dogs are bugging me, and time for some gg#4. Carry on ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back