Jbong's covert grow with med seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the post DL and for the encouragement about the lighting issues. All I have heard since I told anybody about flowering with my fluro's is that It wouldn't be worth my while. I guess only time will tell:stoned:

Howmany watts you got in there? I'm guessing 80? If you get another set of lights, but buy a double fixture and get a couple cool white 40w tubes and you should have a decent harvest, won't be anything spectacular but would still be worth it in my opinion.. Good luck! :aok:

Insane, thanks for the input. At the moment I am at 120 watts with the 6 fluros Im running. It seems to be working great for veg but as I said only time will tell. Looks like another trip to the home depot is coming up for some more lights so I can treat these ladies like the mature women they are. As for progress.... the lighting schedual is switched to 12/12 and and after only two full cycles ,I (think) that I see some flowers forming:D . How long should I wait before discarding the plants that arent showing signs? I am also worried about the nutrient level in the soil, can anybody shed some light on how long potting soil can support them for? Finally, is miracle grow helpful in the flowering process?

Thanks for any input in advance
-Bong

Oh, don't throw them away until you know you have a male or a female. They all will show sex in due time.

... What kind of soil are you using?

Ok thanks for the info, I guess Ill just have to be a lil more patient. I am using miracle grow potting soil

Well I have a problem. I have let my plants veg for way to long and after only a week of flowering cycle they have touched the top of my grow box. The plants are touching the lights and they are drying out quickly and burning. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Pinch the tops every day and keep them the same height forever? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would hate to see all my hard work go down the drain this far into the game.:confused: :mad:

Tie them down and start bending the tops over immediately. That is the most economical was to fix this issue IMO.

I see you snipped the tops... I used to do that , but the strains i've been growing prefer to grow evenly like a christmas tree. : )

OK so I thought I had little buds, but apparently there sacs. Im almost positive I see pistils on it aswell. Hermi possibly, Ill post some pics later on to get a second opinion

Great set up. Ladies look happy. When cloning, I just stick them in a jar with some fresh water, change every couple days 99% success. No powders or gels needed. Keep up the good work.

indiglo said:
Great set up. Ladies look happy. When cloning, I just stick them in a jar with some fresh water, change every couple days 99% success. No powders or gels needed. Keep up the good work.

Hmmmm, sounds like an interesting method. Like an extremely cheap version of a bubble cloner , just without the bubbles. :confused: I might try it see how it works

Latest posts

Back