PH Meter Calibration Fluid...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Silver Bullet Special

Reaction score
Okay so, I just got my ph and ppm meters in finally. I got GH ph up/down and it came with a test drip thing and a vial... Would I be able to make my own calibration fluid from distilled water and then adding ph up or down to get what I need and test it to see if it's about 4(with the test vial and drips) before I calibrate the meter?

Um... No you can't make your own reference solution. All you need is a bottle of ph 7.0 reference solution. You can reuse the same solution for a very long time so a bottle will last years unless you spill it. :p

I poured a small amount of 7.0 solution in a small plastic bottle that my electrode fits in and I use that to check and calibrate my meter. Occasionally I'll use the main bottle of reference solution to test my meter just to make sure the smaller amount that I regularly use in the small plastic container is still accurate. Ime if you rinse off your meter after you use it, a very small amount of the test solution can be used many times.

Peace~!:cool:

Okay cool, thanks dirty! I had ordered ph solution but I forgot to look at where it was coming from and it is in china right now so I have 3 week wait on that lol. I may just order something to get here faster.

Latest posts

Back