Making clones like a newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how are you checking on them? you are not pulling every one of them out of the cube are you? day 7 is still to early. what are the temps? keep it close to 80 for best results, good luck

No roots at 7 days is fine some take 7-9 days some take 14 days and even longer in some cases.

No I do not pull out of rockwhool I just look at the bottom. The temps are like 78F it has a heating mat under it on low .

The clones are from a healthy DNA fem plant

I would bet that you will have more than 50% successfully rooted clones. in such conditions, i normally have them all rooting, but not in 7 days

Ok, stank, no swearing on this forum.... Second of all, that is how clones look, like crap, at least mine always do...then they slowly pull out of it. Yours actually look better then mine. Remember if your just starting out and you want 15 plants, take 30 cuttings and be prepared to toss the extras...That is hard to do.

Breathe my dear, it will be fine.

Stank, they aint going south yet. When they are laid over and the leaves are all shriveled and dried, then they are going south.... It will take (at the very best) 5 days for roots to even sprout ffrom the stem. Then it will take another (at best) 3 more days for the roots to break through to the outside of the cubes. So if the conditions are perfect, and the genetics are perfect (for rooting time), AND IF the cosmos smiles on you, you could see roots in 8 days. If your luck is anywhere near mine, don't even look for roots for 15days. :)

Hang in there, I did this a long time ago and never had anything in ten days. I also kept them very wet. If you did not pre-soak the rockwool all you can do is re-wet when you usually do with lower ph water and hope that will compensate enough to survive.

How does one not so noob second grow get the clones to pop root? No bubbler yet but need cheap easy way. Would a cut up sponge work? To hold the cutting in the rooting gel tainted water? Kinda like a second set up with a net pot but a sponge instead

The simplest/cheapest way I have seen is a friend of mine used to use little plastic cups of water, with temps around 76-80, set in a warm place so that the water temp holds. the cuttings were placed 1-2 to a cup (very small drinking cups like kiddy cups) and set under a few "warm" color CFL bulbs and left for 48hrs. Then after 48hrs the water was changed out with ffresh water at same temp. He continued to change the water every 48hrs until the cuttings either rooted well enough to go to soil or died. He used no rooting gel or nutrients and still got about 50% success, within a couple weeks.

I would say if you get some rooting gel/solution/powder and put just a bit in the water, the success rate would go up considerably. :)

if you can find around your house some rockwool or oasis cubes that are used for flowers, i have always rooted in those, or you can buy some, or you can always go to the nearest garden and pick up a little soil, try to make it airy and light, flush it with lots of water and there you go. you definitely need some light source a cfl does great because it also helps raise the temps. you can use a cardboard box and cover it with a blanket and/or nylon, and try to keep the temps close to 80. it cannot get cheaper than that

No dot to dot or paint by number here. Allot of free hand is required and no substitute for experience and learning from mistakes.

OK guys thanx much for the advice will be doing a try for sure

Latest posts

Back