Fellow dirt grower's What pot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am doing same strains in same size pots of Diffrent materials right now also.

Got my fabric pots yesterday from Gardener`s Supply. On sale, reg. $15 for $7 and found coupon for free shipping. Got 6 of `em. Pot next to it is a 7 gallon Dirt Pot. Will be put to good use, next grow. Plan on using fabric and plastic pots. Later. Peace.

I have one "smart pot" think it's 3gal. kinda tricky to water. Did notice difference in the roots but not the overall product..I might mess around with them more in the future. My friend says they like to use the canvas grocery bags from walfart...

Be careful using bags from places like Wal-mart. I have read in numerous places that the inks/paints they use on the bags can be toxic and not to plant anything you are going to ingest in them.

You have to have a drip pan under any smart pot so they can re drink the water. And, don't fill them all the way to the top with soil either...that could be a mess.

I use smart pots and bottom water/feed only. The top dirt has never seen a drop.

Greetings,

Yo 000 Stank, u got the pot right there under ur air pot,
the milk crate. I'm going to do mine this year outdoors
and line em up with weed fabric. Plenty of air for ur roots.

Peace
Atomic Dog

I use smart pots and bottom water/feed only. The top dirt has never seen a drop.

My last two grows were watered/ feed from the bottom only. Used plastic pots though. Next time will use both kinds, try to get 50/50 split. If the boys and girls cooperate that is. Top couple of inches stay dry, means no soil gnats. I grow a pot of Marigolds along side of my girls, helps keep other bugs away. Later. Peace.

Doesn't that take forever to bottom feed? Are your pans super deep?

I like to use the top clear lids from the cake and pastry platters they sell at the Super Market. I don't bottom feed often just when I top dress with DE. It can take a bit to bottom feed or water Smart Pots for that matter. Once you get the hang of it you kind of know just how much water they need and having an inch or two of water in the run off lid is no big deal. They suck that back up in no time. I will say gnats can be a problem if you have quite a few pots sitting in water for any period. I dealt with them and gotta say Mosquito Dunks work great and can be gotten at Home Depot, Lowes or online. I got them from Amazon since my local Agent Orange and Lowes did not have them at the time I needed them.

I put small clay pots in the bottom of my large pots to help suck up the water. Seems to work anyway. Also use clear plastic plant saucers under the pots. Never had water set in them for any length of time. They hold more water in them then you think. Later. Peace.

Doesn't that take forever to bottom feed? Are your pans super deep?

It takes no time at all, smart pots sitting in small tubs. Like HL said i guess it comes down to once you know how much they need you just dump half of it in and come back in a few and do it again. So I prob spend 1 min watering each plant.

I'd like to try this all... as I sometimes have a plant that stays wet over 24 hours in the plastic pots, and I don't like that! lol Also, I've always had a horrible Fungus Gnat problem. Maybe this will finally solve it?

Latest posts

Back