Question on ph calibration solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony8404

Reaction score
I have a blue lab combo meter.

Instead of buying the darn packets which state just for the ph calibration are 4.0 and 7.0.

The store I go to sells 4.01 and 7.01 calibration solution from simple path.

Is there a difference? will I be okay if I use the 4.01 and 7.01 calibration solution instead of the 4.0 and 7.0?

I have a blue lab combo meter.

Instead of buying the darn packets which state just for the ph calibration are 4.0 and 7.0.

The store I go to sells 4.01 and 7.01 calibration solution from simple path.

Is there a difference? will I be okay if I use the 4.01 and 7.01 calibration solution instead of the 4.0 and 7.0?

I think your good using which ever one you wish.

I just want to make sure before I do so and ruin a perfectly good meter that has not had to be calibrated more than once using the actual solution brand name to the meter name of the meter.

I just want to make sure before I do so and ruin a perfectly good meter that has not had to be calibrated more than once using the actual solution brand name to the meter name of the meter.

Your not going to ruin it....... some solution makers carry their reading out to the hundredths instead of tenths........ they are still the same.

I think technically they want you to have both. My instructions said you could get by with just using the 7.01 if you planned on measuring only alkaline substances. Otherwise you need both the 4.01 and the 7.01 to be able to fully calibrate it.

*edit* I believe the 4.0 and the 4.01 you are referring to are the same.

Latest posts

Back