Getting ready to chop...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcane

Just Wanta Grow!
Reaction score
So should be any day and I will be chopping down my first girl.
Is there a best time to do this? Lights out? ON?
And when I hang her, what kind of R.H. & temp should the room be? Have a dehumidifier Pretty Humid here....

I don't know of any advantages or disadvantages to a chop's timing.

Dark, dry and well ventilated are my criteria for drying rooms.
I use my flower space to dry.
Obviously lights are OFF 24/7 but that way I know I have good ventilation and the smell is still filtered away.

5-7 days later (@ 35-45% RH: basement, air-conditioned environment) its jarring time!

:48:

Harvesting time doesn't seem to matter. I have heard some say its best to do it right when the lights come on as they are nice and plump from drinking in water overnight, but that is water and when drying harvests, we want to get rid of water, so that seems counter-productive to take them when they are the most full of water.

I like to cut a few branches at a time and then remove as much of the leaves as possible while they are still firm and standing best. trying to trim after the leaves have wilted is much more of a pain to me.

I like to put my buds in a controlled drying space where it is dark and less than 50% humidity. I use a small fan to periodically remove and refresh the air in the drying space, but I don't recommend using a fan or creating any "breeze" within the drying space as this can cause some of the buds to over-dry on the outside and trap moisture within the bud. That will complicate the drying and curing process and lead to harsh or even rot within the larger buds. If you have the space and or ability to use the grow tent/space to do your drying, that is a good place as you can keep it dark and you can put a timer on your exhaust so that it periodically comes on and removes the humid air for more fresh, dry air. I hope this helps :)

These guys have it... dark, air movement and where you are I would run that dehumidifier. Enjoy your first harvest...nothing like it. woo hoo.

Sounds Great thanks all. I am still waiting for some amber to show...

@ this point, everything kicks into slow-motion... you may also start to feel the draw of "fast finishing" Indica strains.
:48:

I hear you Joe already have some papaya seeds for the next grow..These sativas are Long winded...:watchplant:

for me, humidity less than 60% dark and air flow. i also use my flower area and 3-5 days for me then jars. burp 2 times a day for min of 7 days and then once a day for 2 wks. toke away after that cuz it will be full flavor and smooth as silk

Subbed in looking for pics, this is 2015 everyone has a camera in their pocket :headbang2:

Yo sometimes my camera will load into my computer, most times not.. will get pic today when lights go on with microscope.. Lights on 6 pm
Seams like things are in slow Motion....

what i do is upload them to facebook on "private only i can view", and then i save them to the computer and then upload them or edit them etc...

Gooch this has something to do with software in camera when i plug in, camera tells me pics are already loaded?? Is time for new camera....have been having lots of problems.

dont you have a smart phone? what happens is when you delete photos the naming starts over so if you try to save into the same directory its going to overright the ones that were in there, choose a new folder on the computer to upload them see if that helps

Smart What...Still holding out,got old flip phone.. Have tried deleting photos and this does work "sometimes" Will try this eve. Thanks Gooch.. the camera is old, can not keep a battery in it, for it will draw it down.. as I was saying, time to shop for new one, just option overload out there.

well why not upgrade your phone and bam you get a sick still camera and a sick video camera along with a mobile internet device, o yea and you can call people also ;-)

I dunno those trichs dont look ready to me but im no expert

Latest posts

Back