Alien Head Grow Outdoor 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the green:icon_smile:

Where the girls will spend the summer.

Overnight temperature last night 39f. I have two girls that have decided to go into flower. Beats me why. They will be heading out this weekend to live. Unless there is a freeze they will be fine. If we have a frost warning, we will Cover them. Next weekend we will be putting out the rest. Mothers Day is when we usually put them out.

View attachment image.jpg

They can take a lot of cold huh. Mojo for you grow my friend TC!

MJ is like most plants, it can live down to a frost/freeze. It stops growing at 46f. Covered it can live through a frost. That is what we will do if we have a frost warning. We will stake the plants and cover with plastic bags. Our average last frost here is May 31. I haven't seen a frost that late one year out of five, but, it can happen.

Thanks for the mojo Rose. Things are looking different outside here. Some heavy brushing going on this year. The chipper is running through sharp blades every couple days. Manzanita city around here. We are gonna be surrounded by "defensible" space soon. We have it mostly but it will be cleared out by the end of next spring hopefully.

I love this time of year!! All the free birds keep me drooling with their awesome outdoor grows!!!! I got front row seating!!

Welcome Yarddog.

We put the plants out Lat evening. This is the earliest we have ever put them out. We have been hardening them off for a week now.

There were two starting to flower and one who was a male! Yes, from all female seeds we got a male. So it was disposed of, chopped off its roots before I could get the iPad down there to take its pic. I kept saying I needed to take a look with my glasses on. We were gonna clone some so, had the specs and sure enough..... A male with all those sweet young ladies. We got a dozen clones going. Not sure if they will take or not as mr. Tc did not want to set up the cloner machine. We put root gel on them and stuck them in dirt. Don't know how they will turn out, but we have an open pot for one. I may buy an oddball clone at the despensery. Will give the cuttings a week or so first to see if they take off.

Here is an overall view.

One more.

Alien OG

Just don't get a crook in your neck looking at it. Will try to figure this out later. For some reason I can only load one at a time from this iPad.

Love the girls tc:aok: Sure wish I could do a legal od. :hairpull::(

My Frost's would be in the fall. 2-3 mild Frost's no problem. The ¼ or a real heavy frost it's bye bye.

Silly girl going into flower so early. What do I do? Nothing, let her reveg and watch her grow into the big budding plant I know she can be. Years ago The legendary mod Hick told me to leave an early flower plant and watch the branching that will happen at each calix site in the bud. His humor and knowledge is missed by me here. This bud is for you Hick, wherever you are I know you are up to your elbows in dank.

This is the plant above that was flowering. It is beginning to stretch and reveg.

Plants are growing an average of 4 inches every five days.

WOW 4 inches a week. I kinda wish mine would start flowering then i would know the sex.. Are your plants feminized TC?

That pic is so very pretty with the water droplets on it.. nice.. Enjoy this easier part huh.. I always keep a close eye on your grow so i can see what i need to do next. Thank you.

Thank you Rose.

Yes they were all feminized. We did have one male who was done in as soon as I recognized it with the specs on.

Mr. Tc is hoping for three more feet of growth before the end of July. I looked at last years journal and they are huge compared to last years. We did start a lot later last year. I am not sure if we are gonna use two of those clones or get a couple more. I keep promoting putting three or four in a pot, lol, mr. Tc is having none of it. Can't blame me for trying. We did decide to run 12 instead of 10.

Your grow looks like it is forming into another epic adventure. Gonna keep an eye on you Rose.

Holy cow those are big...do you top those? I love to see that pot pen.

No topping. Three look like they will be reveging. Only one got very far along flowering. That would be the one I will feature. Till August, then real the flowers begin...

Is there a reason you don't top TC? what size are those smart pots? i can't remember.

I think the pots are 45 gallons Rose. We don't top because it slows growth and we get big enough plants as it is. Around harvest/trim time I don't want them any bigger.

Cooler here today, temps went from the nineties to the fifties in three days. Snow in the north state around 4500 feet today. Glad that is not where I am. Burrrrrrr! Actually thinking of turning the heater on...... Naw, just put on a sweater.

Back from seeing my daughters graduation ceremony. While gone, the plants put on 6 to 10 inches in the last eight days since we measured last. The "runt" putting on the ten. The taller plants mostly 7-9 inches. We decided to run a full twelve. Putting in two clones we made, one headband 818 and an alien OG. Then the brother gave us a green crack. I have bought green crack at a despensery before and liked it real well. We will be giving the rest of the clones to him as he will use them or give them away.

Back to watching the girls vegg. You all Americans out there have a great Memorial Day! All other citizens of the world, Happy Monday! :vap-leafy_wave:

Latest posts

Back