Does the cf level change as the plants gets bigger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz1873

Reaction score
Yo man

I know the ph level of water is to be about the 6 mark.. but does the cf level change as the plants gets bigger? im planning on starting some clones from a NFT system..What is the cf level to be?

Cheers man

My cf i'm assuming ur sayin ph... ph will go up w/ root/algae growth... and down with water/nute consumption. Usually it is up early in life... then down more and more the bigger they get.

So do i keep an eye on the water ph then during all processes?I thought the cf if a measurment of nutes in the water..How do u know what to make it?? Whats is the cf meant to read??

jaz1873 said:
So do i keep an eye on the water ph then during all processes?I thought the cf if a measurment of nutes in the water..How do u know what to make it?? Whats is the cf meant to read??

cf is a conductivity measurement, it can be converted to TDS (total disolved solids)
If plants are big I run it at ~ 1600 PPM
small plants, 4 to 6" I run mine at 400 ppm, but it matters on the strain an other factors so start small and work up slow.

Growdude said:
cf is a conductivity measurement, it can be converted to TDS (total disolved solids)
If plants are big I run it at ~ 1600 PPM
small plants, 4 to 6" I run mine at 400 ppm, but it matters on the strain an other factors so start small and work up slow.

Ok.. so EC/TDS/PPM and Cf... what does cf actually stand for?

maximum ec for a full grown plant is 3000ppm.. and this is last day b4 final flush.. normally mature plants should be from 1600-2200.

Latest posts

Back