help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
morning fine people ,,,,house dam here done ,,,gonna start building my two rooms,,need a little help??? I have a 10x10 flowering room and 3 (600hps)how many plants can I grow happily in that space,,,(room has good air flow as it has its own a/c vent),as for the veg room its a 4x6 old walk in closet I have 3 t5s flows 4ft long (6 bulbs),,,im good on the veg room ,,friend of mine gonna hit me with as many rooted clones I need ,,just not sure how many I should ask for ,,thanks for any help,,,gonna try to upload some pic

I have grown anywhere from 3 to over 40 plants in my 4x4 space. Depends if you sog or crop or LST or whatever.

What size pots do you use?

I don't think you have enough light for that space with 3x600. 72k lumens per 600 x 3 = 216k lumens / 100 SF = 2160 lumens per square foot. That's pretty much a minimum. Did I figure that right? LOL

Also curious how you would arrange 3 lights in a square room. ;)

I'm using 5 gallon homer depot buckets,,,with drain holes drilled,,,,should I cut the room in half,,,im growing from clones that have rooted very well,,,not sure of the strain

With that situation, I might go with a longer and skinnier room.

Not sure how it would work out but lining all 3 lights up in a row might work.

Plus, you can build the room as big as you want and just grow in part of it. My ideal grow room would be about 10x10 with a shower curtain in the middle sectioning off about a 4x4 (that's my current room size). That leaves room inside the room for humidifiers and nutes and all the other crap that ends up adjacent to my grow room without taking valuable plant space.

What I like about this setup is that I can adjust the entire room temperature and humidity and it carries into the grow area.

Plus, that setup would allow me to reach the plants from all sides for trimming and treating and watering.

But, that's me. LOL

There are several ways that you can do this, depending on what your ultimate goal is. The key is the lights. They will determine the amount of space you can light. I personally would recommend no more than 1 plant in a 2'x2' space. You want to have 6000-7000 lumens per sqft for really good flower development.

I would use one wall of the 10' space and line up the 3 lights. But then the space should only be 4' deep so that you can reach all of them. Line up (5)plants in a row(3-4 plants if they are very Sativa structured, 6-8 if they are very Indica structured) and use reflective panels to close in the space so the light is contained. (if the space is closed in to 4' by 10' then you would have around 6500 lumens per sqft) You need to leave enough room to allow fans to ventilate the area. Making the reflective panels just long enough to leave 1ft of air space between panel and floor and then stop them just above the highest point that your lights will set, will allow plenty of air flow. In the future, you can expand by doing the same thing on the opposite wall (if the entrance will allow it).

thanks guys,,,got some thinking to do ,,,

There are several ways that you can do this, depending on what your ultimate goal is. The key is the lights. They will determine the amount of space you can light. I personally would recommend no more than 1 plant in a 2'x2' space. You want to have 6000-7000 lumens per sqft for really good flower development.

I would use one wall of the 10' space and line up the 3 lights. But then the space should only be 4' deep so that you can reach all of them. Line up (5)plants in a row(3-4 plants if they are very Sativa structured, 6-8 if they are very Indica structured) and use reflective panels to close in the space so the light is contained. (if the space is closed in to 4' by 10' then you would have around 6500 lumens per sqft) You need to leave enough room to allow fans to ventilate the area. Making the reflective panels just long enough to leave 1ft of air space between panel and floor and then stop them just above the highest point that your lights will set, will allow plenty of air flow. In the future, you can expand by doing the same thing on the opposite wall (if the entrance will allow it).

:yeahthat:

I use old flat interior Doors painted flat white, to make the large room smaller

Latest posts

Back