Need advice for scrogging plan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I am preparing to grow some autos in a small tent and try scrogging to keep the height down if I can.
The tent is only 30" x 30" x 5'10" tall and I am using a 400 watt multi-spectrum hid lamp for the grow.

My question is which grow plan would you advise=

1 plant in an 11L soil pot
2 plants in 7L pots
3 plants in 3.5L pots

I am leaning toward two or three pots, but would I be able to get the same yield from just one plant in a bigger pot and spreading it to fill the scrog space?
It seems that with more plants, you can at least expect to get one big cola from each, while one plant in scrog might just make smaller buds, but I don't really know.
Thanks for any advice.

It’s been my experience with autos that you don’t have a lot of veg time. I’m sure that varies from strain to strain but I have not tried much in the way of training. Maybe with a larger pot you might have more time but I don’t know. I’ll follow along cuz I’m interested. I have some auto seeds on the way that I plan to grow outdoors in the spring. I have one going now in my grow box and it started flowering after about 4 weeks. The main cola stretched quit a bit and since I am limited on height, I did have to tie her down somewhat.

I'd do the 3.
Time restraints with autos don't let you get huge plants.

The autos I have grown have not exceeded 20" from the surfacw of the pot.

Thanks.
Is there a recommended hole size for the scrog nets?
I have a white metal wire shelf that came with the tent and I'm not sure it it was intended for scrog or it's just a wire shelf. The square holes in the wire shelf are about 2 inches on a side.
Should I have a scrog net with bigger size holes?

2 is the norm I think. And i have seen some nice Autos grow to be nice in size but lack the potency. just my opinion . and when doing scrog the idea is to hold the plant under the netting until it is full???? then watch them flowers POP!!!

Latest posts

Back