UK Cheese Breeding Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockster

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'll be tinkering with the UK Cheese in this grow diary and will be aiming to breed a stable Cheese variety using Skunk #1 as a daddy and will backcross until the Cheese pheno is exhibited in all offspring which probably won't work so crosses with F'2s and beyond will probably be called for.

I shall also be reversing select clones with silver salts (STS),growing out suitable female progeny exhibiting the Cheese trait and selfing again until all offspring carry the Cheese characteristics.

I'm currently about 12 days into flowering 13 clones and also have 3 Skunk #1 girls for comparison(in the high department)as well as a single NLH5/Haze x unknown girl,gifted by a South African friend and is something I'm simply dying to try!

That's a pic of a few of the Cheese clones.:eek:

DSC_0060-5.JPG

hiya rockster and welcome to mj.

just took a look at your cheese clones and they dont exibit u.k. cheese characteristics ime.

are they u.k. cheese or some backcross maybe ghs or bb blues.

anyway good luck and ill be watching your progress rockster.

pkj

Hi parkinjoe,

well they most certainly are the original UK Cheese and I've grown Big Buddha's offering and they are not that for sure!

I'm surprised you can tell so much from a barely flowering plant so I must ask,what is not 'cheesy' about the clone I have?

That's Alice again,the sacred guard cat and generally useless fleabag.:eek:

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

hiya rockster btw what a cutie of a cat you have.

as for whats not cheesey

well u.k. cheese is a very spindly looking plants with distance to nodes being like 2 inchs + and branches from the main stem being alternate on each side of the stem

anyway to clarify its best to show photo/s of actual u.k. cheese clone as i assumed the 1st pic was all cheese.

lol

pkj

There ya go parkingjoe,one of my Cheese girls thats just been treated with STS for sex reversal.

Give it 3-4 weeks and we should have plenty of viable pollen for selfing.:)

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

A couple of pics of the Skunk #1 daddy who should give us pollen in about a week for the cross,question is,is this an F1 cross as we have Cheese x Skunk #1 but the Cheese IS Skunk #1 albeit mutated,hmmm?

Other pic shows Skunk #1 female on left and NLH5 x Unknown (Nevs Haze or PNG303) PNG being Papua New Guinea,so talk about rare genes!:hubba:

DSC_0001-1.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

Well I can say that this is on of the first times I have seen someone want a male on MP, Thats awesome once I actually get good at growing I hope to do some breeding. Good Luck and I cant wait to see the conclusion.

Many thanks for the words of encouragement Elven,:)

yes,making seed is really rewarding especially when you create something totally unique.I hope this will be seen by my peers as a serious project and will take a good 18 months as it might take maybe 5-6 generations of plants to get what I aim at but amateur hack crosses are just as much fun.

I did a hack of Warlock (f) x Bangi Haze (m) a while back just for shits and giggles and it turned out better than either parent which was nice.

You can produce seed and still grow seedless sensi by selectively pollinating just one branch as I will be doing so you still get the best of both worlds.

Hack away!:p

Day 16 12/12.

2 cheese clones treated with STS to hopefully initiate sex reversal and the male Skunk #1 has been removed from the grow as you can see from the pic that its just about to drop pollen which will be collected for the first cross.

Large plants getting 1ml Bio Bizz grow and 1.5ml bloom per liter.

Smaller clones in 3 1/2 liter pots getting about a 1/3 of that as they arent asking for much food.

I'll give e'm a one off shot of magnesium tomorrow as Bio Bizz is slightly deficient in Mg.

DSC_0001.JPG

nice looking nadgers :hubba:

Good to see some well developed males...as obviously we don't all get to see much :)

Are you in the UK or did you just buy the UK cheese online? also do you know the indica/sativa ratio?

Gosh Thorn,you girls are so nadgercentric!

Jus' kidding and yes I'm located in good ole' blighty!

The sativa/indica ratio is as per Skunk #1 so more sativa methinks?

Day 17 12/12.

Pollen collected and 2 selected clones pollinated quite thoroughly with a small painters brush and are isolated for now from their sisters and remaining pollen has been labeled and stored.

STS reapplication for the other 2 clones will be on the 17th and they do not look different in any way at present.

That's a pic of a friends very first grow in 2008,not bad eh?
Just put it in to brighten this post up.:)

DSC_0031-3.jpg

wow lovely looking plant that is :hubba:

thats just plain outrageous rockster 1st grow he has green fingers for sure

lol

pkj

Reminds me of an Oak I seen once. Tell your friend he has a gift...

Yeah,he has a gift alright! A gift for ignoring my gently given and well meaning advice so ends up with a load of mouldy bud ha ha!

But anyway,it's day 19 12/12 and there's a few pics of my small cheese clones starting to produce resin nicely.:watchplant:

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

Latest posts

Back