First grow, 1000w/600w venting/fire questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SkunkPatronus said:
Choose another method of dumping the hot humid stinky air, you're clothes drier will smell like a skunk if you use the same ductwork as it, because it will permeate any ducting attached. It looks like you have a window available in that basement, use that? And you sure don't want fluff in your light...yikes!

Good advice, I will take this to heart. I have two windows along the wall that my circuit breaker box is on in my basement (as seen in my top-down paint basement layout drawing), I could use one window for exhaust, and one for intake? The exhaust window being the one behind my air conditioner unit in my backyard.

dr pyro said:
hey if you got electrical questions pm me i can help you out.ive been an sparky (electrician) for a long time. subpanel is the way to go like don said.

Thanks for the guidance! I will private message you a question for some clarification, but plan on contacting a licensed electrician on Monday.

MindzEye said:
IMO before any of this is done you need to seal those cracks and sterilize your basement... All that mold is no bueno for buds...

This will be my next task, over the week I am going to research how to seal this crack, and 'seal' the area with an anti-molding finish. Thanks for the reply bro. :)

BBFan said:
I wouldn't dare offer any suggestions. May I instead wish you good luck in your endeavor. I look forward to seeing your first grow.

Thanks man, I appreciate the good vibes! :ccc:

DonJones said:
Oh yes, what is behind the wall where that round duct goes through?

Behind that wall is an open area in-between the grow area and my HVAC/water heater. You can see that open-spot in my original post, picture #2, that is angled towards my dryer.

kasgrow said:
If you check out my sig you will see old pictures of my grow room.

Will do bro, the more info the better, I am a sponge. :bong:

Thank you everyone for your replies, I truly appreciate you all taking the time to respond, multiple times in some cases, to my questions and concerns.

Co2 is not that difficult. You just need to study up on it. Seal your room and monitor your c02 with a cheap test kit and then keep it there. C02 is not dangerous if you keep your levels right. If you can exchange your air in the room without temp and humidity problems then you don't need it but it helps. I have used c02 in my garden for years now with no problems so I know what I am talking about and I have the buds to prove it. Co2 sinks to the floor and not up. You need to use fans to circulate it. My co2 hoses are on the ceiling so the co2 can sink down to the plants. Once you have your regulator dialed in to maintain it's level you just keep it there.

kasgrow said:
Co2 is not that difficult. You just need to study up on it. Seal your room and monitor your c02 with a cheap test kit and then keep it there. C02 is not dangerous if you keep your levels right. If you can exchange your air in the room without temp and humidity problems then you don't need it but it helps. I have used c02 in my garden for years now with no problems so I know what I am talking about and I have the buds to prove it. Co2 sinks to the floor and not up. You need to use fans to circulate it. My co2 hoses are on the ceiling so the co2 can sink down to the plants. Once you have your regulator dialed in to maintain it's level you just keep it there.
haha you can not just get a bottle and a timer and just toss it in and get results. you need the proper equip to run this setup effectively. look to spend over 1200.00 to get monitors and controllers to run this equip in sinq with each other. cheap test kits a garbage and co2 is dangerous.please you seem to have very limitied knowledge. this can get somebody killed.i advise whos reading not to listen to this guy. get the right equip that when co2 levels get to high the system shuts down and when low it auto turns on. all this has to tie into your exhaust so when exhaust is on your co2 is off. just because you run co2 doesnt mean you dont have to exchange the air you still must exchange air.

dr pyro said:
haha you can not just get a bottle and a timer and just toss it in and get results. you need the proper equip to run this setup effectively. look to spend over 1200.00 to get monitors and controllers to run this equip in sinq with each other. cheap test kits a garbage and co2 is dangerous.please you seem to have very limitied knowelge that can get somebody killed.i advise whos reading not to listen to this guy. get the right equip that when co2 levels get to high the system shuts down and when low it auto turns on. all this has to tie into your exhaust so when exhaust is on your co2 is off. just because you run co2 doesnt mean you dont have to exchange the air you still must exchande air.
Do you use c02? All you need is a tank, regulator, timer and test kit. Do you have a clue of how to use co2. It is not dangerous if you use it right. You don't need to exhaust your room you just need to keep your co2 levels right. I have been growing for about 30 years now and c02 is not rocket science. I spent about 500 dollars for all the equipment I use. Two tanks, a regulator, timer, test kit, and hose. Do some research before you decide I don't know what I am talking about. A tank last me 3 weeks. I have not used an exhaust fan in my room since I started using co2 and I grow big healthy plants. I think it is you that he should not listen too.

im not here to argue.please do some more reading before posting your making yourself look like a fool.to all check around the board here there are people who run it correct with great results.

and yes i do run it with grest success. my results from the simple toss in bottle in timer method where horrible alittle bit of dif but not much.my results now blow away my previous setup but it cost me like 1400 with my co2 generator

o by the way your posts seem to have some flaws its not 220 he would run its 240 bud also 110 try 120 like i said your knowelege is limitied

Well. Regardless I have some costs to worry about prior to C02, like dropping $500-$1000 on an electrician, yet to buy a light, soils, nutes, clean up the mold, and run the duct work. I do have my seeds though!

Kasgrow I appreciate the advice, I think people are just looking out for the interest of people who don't have your extensive 30 years of experience in growing buds, which is very impressive.

It's all good. :ccc:

BTW dr pyro love your avatar, Grandma's Boy is ******* hilarious.

Here is a recent picture of my garden with no exhaust. You decide who to listen to.

flower room 10-20-2009 6-20-04 PM 2560x1920.jpg

your pics mean nothing to me when your pulling ozs i'm pulling lbs bud. b sure to check out my journal i will post up from start to finish when harvest is done. i will post all details from equip to my final weight.any way i'm not jacking his thread to argue with you.tact you wanna see some pics just hit me up in pm ill send some to ya.like i said tact any quest feel free to hit me up via pm

oops double post. don offers sound advice he knows his stuff

dr pyro said:
your pics mean nothing to me when your pulling ozs i'm pulling lbs bud. b sure to check out my journal i will post up from start to finish when harvest is done. i will post all details from equip to my final weight.any way i'm not jacking his thread to argue with you.tact you wanna see some pics just hit me up in pm ill send some to ya.like i said tact any quest feel free to hit me up via pm

I pull pounds too. Those are just a couple of my plants. One papaya on the right and an og kush on the left. I have a perpetual harvest so they are at different stages. There are many more in there like it. I am not here to argue either but when you say somebody doesn't know what they are talking about and give false information I have to call you on it.

Sorry for the argument with dr pyro Tact. Good luck with your room and do lots of research. If you have any more questions(edit) post them here. Where the accumulative knowledge and experience are allowed to elaborate and/or review it There is a lot of good and bad advice out there.

co2 can and will "KILL" if not administered and monitored properly. Because kasgrow has extensive experience with it, does not mean it should be taken lightly. Three decades of experience useing it in "your" grow, does not excuse advice that could put someone in danger.
If the basement is often occupied by any other living beings, be it pets or people. Serious consideration, steps should be taken to ensure their safety. Such as co2 monitors, the grow being "sealed" and exhausted out of any living areas.

I agree with you on this Hick. I don't live in my garden nor do any pets. The key is a sealed room. Don't vent into your living space. If co2 is leaking into your living area at too high of a concentration it can be dangerous and kill. You don't need to max out your ppm's for healthy growth. I test my ppm's from time to time to make sure all is well.

Tact said:
Well. Regardless I have some costs to worry about prior to C02, like dropping $500-$1000 on an electrician,

If you go with the 2, 600 watt lights they can be safely run from a single 20 amp 110/120 circuit. And by the way 110/120 or 220/240 are considered the same voltage and are often referred to equally.

So with just 2, 20 amp 110 volt circuits you would be in business.

same voltage diffrent plugs i sent him a pm on using 600s those 600 will draw around 10amp with 6 left for some fans and what not

cost ya maybe 300-500 for breakers and plugs installed depends on how much wire he may have to run.

kasgrow said:

As you can see I didn't give bad advise. I said to study up on the subject first and maintain proper levels.

y are you still starting stuff get off his thread you got something to say to me send it via pm keep this out of his thread

Latest posts

Back