Here we go again, Tip Burn or Nute Deficiency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
This looks more like nute deficiency than tip burn from nute.

Only a handful of plants have it.

They are, mostly the plants that are directly under the light so it might be heat/light stress but it's only a 400w MH so I don't think that's it.

These are the Critical Kush clones and CK eats a lot so I am, again, leaning toward nute deficiency.

I took 2 shots hoping to get different light conditions. Love to hear opinions.

Thanks

View attachment clonetips-1.jpg

View attachment clonetips-2.jpg

That's beginning of nute burn.

Top off with some fresh RO if your dro.

Or water plain next go round

That certainly looks like nute burn. How heavy are you feeding these?

Yup, nute burn. It's all good though, i usually try to get the tips to burn just a touch.

Oh oh... LOL

I have been treating it as Cal-Mag deficiency. I just gave them a double dose, today.

I hope I am right and you are all wrong [gulp, chances of that] LOL

These are the same Critical Kush that I had this same problem with a few months back [with their mother], remember? I had a couple people say flush and then Hushpuppy convinced me to use Cal-Mag is it cleared it right up. So, I went with the same thing, this time. This strain is a big eater.

Oops, LOL

What do the bottom leaves look like?

I am glad you showed more shots. I said above that it certainly looks like nute burn, but my gut was telling me that they need magnesium. Now I am certain that is a magnesium deficiency.

Is that the same plants that you had trouble with before? Are those in coco or a coco based medium?

Yep, same strain you helped me with before.

No coco, just soil. Mix of Fox Farms Happy Frog and perlite/sand/peat/vermiculite

Same strain but new plants right? yeah I think it is magnesium issue. Usually when they are hungry for Nitrogen, the whole leaf begins to lighten toward yellow as opposed to just the tips and margins. Nute burn, almost always starts at the very tips and quickly browns and curls the tips rather than yellowing further up into the tip of the frond without browning out the tip. And with the mag def, you will see the yellowing along the margins of the leaves like a light green or yellow outline forming on the leaf fronds. It seems like it happens more often with hungry Indicas that with the less hungry Sativas. Go to Google image and type in magnesium deficiency in Marijuana and look through the pics that they show. :)

I am going with you again on this HP. These things are unbelievable eaters.

Getting transplanted next week so I'll get a real good look at each plant.

Latest posts

Back