Rat in my growoom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at that, they ate what was once a big plant. They left so many droppings all around and in the pot. This plant is seated on a shelf that is at my eye level. I am only saying this to justify to you why i was not comfortable and a little scared going in there, because they could pop right in my face not just on the floors. Anyway, it seems like your encouragement made me more brave and I am much less scared while going in now. Also I think that I got them all or most, because of all the missing poison, and then they had not eaten any more poison since yesterday.

View attachment 20170726_193153.jpg

View attachment 20170726_210315.jpg

I just got off a gig and I'm pretty drunk but.... I don't think that's pot you're growing. LOL

Never seen a pot plant like that.

I just got off a gig and I'm pretty drunk but.... I don't think that's pot you're growing. LOL

Never seen a pot plant like that.

lol yeah I mentioned before that they seem to have stopped eating the weed they think it is the cause of them getting ill, so I have this ornamental plant near my clones they ate it all. I now removed it from there altogether. Anyway, the poison is still there this time, I think they could be gone or maybe a few remaining. I guess it is time to set some traps soon and close the openings. I have rat glue. What I don't have is time. Maybe tomorrow I will free a couple of hours for that, I hope!

They ate the poison cause they had the munchies. Lol
Never heard of plant eating rats or mice. Very weird. Also havent seen but one rat in my yard in 7 yrs and my stupid dog caught it in a storage room and brought it to the backdoor and scared the crap out of my wife who is deathly afraid of mice, much less a big rat. But i honestly have never in my life seen one eat a plant in my garden. Although i have seen them in trees eating those bean pod looking things. Nasty basterds.

jeez I detected new rat presence! 2 of the big cubes are eaten with small scraps of it left evidence that it was nibbled there and not taken away. there are no droppings in that spot however, I saw two very new BIG droppings right near my plants on the edge of the flood table! There is poison cubed and pills that are left behind, evidence that the rats are not that numerous anymore I guess. I am pleased but surprised that they are not touching the plants anymore. By the way, rats eat EVERYTHING! And they have different tastes to things. Some even eat wire insulation, wood and what else. The poison is made to taste like almond, apples and such. I will deal with this tomorrow.

Those look like cow pie **** in there zem. Big rats you got there. Good for you for being brave. you got this.

I have no doubt those are pot bellied pigs,,not rats. :rofl:

I still say it's gonna take traps to deal with these bad *** rats or squirrels...

Looks like rat, not squirrel.

http://www.abeepestpro.com/differences-types-of-pest-droppings-****.htm

Thats it Hackerman,,,thats the bastages eating her plants. Gotta get that place sealed or bigger traps. Lmfao

Those rats would eat your cat. They are Zombie Rats . They eat poison like candy. :rofl:

Those rats would eat your cat. They are Zombie Rats . They eat poison like candy. :rofl:

Could be WH. Zem, you might think about writing a book about your encounter.
Might be a movie deal in it!!!

Thank you Marijuana Passion, I have not laughed this hard at a thread since the wild raccoon in south SF years ago. Had to read the thread to the husband I was laughing so hard, made him curious.

Get some traps as soon as you can. Get a cat. Dang rats.

lol you guys are making me laugh. It is not an option to keep a cat in there unchecked. Yesterday I set my first trap using peanut butter, but I am not seeing any recent evidence of rat presence. I can neither see nor smell any dead rats so far. The poison works in a way that dehydrates the body and makes the odours less, supposedly. I will not be doing any major cleanup by myself. Once I have dealt with the rats, I will continue the cloning then remove all plants and get a worker to help me clean up. I was removing the box that contained rat glue from the upper shelf and i saw it had droppings on it, as well as the entire shelf. I need some time before I can clean up the room. I cannot be 100% sure that there are no rats before I do a major cleanup. I will set more traps with different bait. Right now I absolutely need to regain my courage, go clean up the shelf that I use for cloning and that is filled with rat poo, and cut and place my clones in there. This is the most tight and farthest point in that infested area.

I detected the stench of dead rats in there, inside my growing chamber and another in my intake duct. I have dead rats in at least those 2 areas. I probably had to do that in order to save my plants. I only hope that what had happened is past and that I learn from it, and that I get it fixed once and for all. Right now I have to worry about finding and removing the dead rats.

Yep,,i knew finding those stinking bastages was gonna be a job. Hope they aint in your walls.

Latest posts

Back