Are these male or female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chen

Reaction score
So, the last plant turned out to be male. What about these two?

FhgyjYP.jpg

GaGaugU.jpg

xkgpIJ5.jpg

r1q9YzS.jpg

sr9DKSC.jpg

There's also the possibility that they're hermies, right?

The idea was that I'd figure out whether they were male or female by flowering them.

That way, I could return them to veg and use them as mothers.

So, I need to know if they male or female for sure.

How long should I keep them flowering to find out so that I can also reverse the flowering and go back to veg?

Females or hermies.

Here are some pics of male and female plants.

It's a little hard to tell at first, even for knowledgeable growers but once the pistils appear, you know you have a female.

And, unless you're growing bag seed, a female won't usually turn to hermie (if it's going to at all) until the last 3 to 5 weeks of flowering. Usually.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-boy-girl

So, what makes a regular plant more prone to becoming a hermie? I never had to deal with this uncertainty while growing feminised plants.

Best thing you can do is optimize growing conditions. Hermie is a genetic thing and I'm pretty sure it's in all cannabis plants but certain things tend to bring it out.

Light leaks probably being the most common.

I don’t see evidence of hermie or boy on those though I’m no expert...

Here are some pics of male and female plants.

It's a little hard to tell at first, even for knowledgeable growers but once the pistils appear, you know you have a female.

And, unless you're growing bag seed, a female won't usually turn to hermie (if it's going to at all) until the last 3 to 5 weeks of flowering. Usually.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-boy-girl

I disagree. A Hermie can show when plant is mature. Does not have to be in flower. On one those plants I see Pistils and a ball sack..

Give them more time. They look female to me. But they look like bag seed or not so good genetics. Are they DWC? If so it looks like you are burning them with light or to much nute. What is your PPM?

But they look like bag seed or not so good genetics. Are they DWC? If so it looks like you are burning them with light or to much nute. What is your PPM?

That seems a little presumptious to me considering a few pics of the stem buds of a few stems, although he sure burnt the crap outta that last one. I aint no expert but they look like females to me and you are in for about a 6 week turnaround before you get back to this point if you re-veg now. Usually, I don't let them get that far but I'm guessing this is your first grow from seeds?:vap-Bong_smoker:

I have looked and looked at these pic's. That third pic looks iffy to me. Why do you want to reveg now? It will set them back a lot.

A stressed plant can hermie and they can hermie at any age. If a plant does self (hermie) then its offspring will have that trait. Most people won't breed a hermie or keep it as it will seed the other plants around. Sometimes the hermie's pollen is sterile. It does happen more with bag seed as they were could have hermied to begin with.

Good luck with your babies.

I don't get out the O.F.C. enough !-- Chen I'm a cloner --I grow aero under LED light !-- Looks like a girl to me !-- I have a White Widow I been cloning over 4 years and I've never kept mother plants !-- I clone from clones! -- Widow ain't lost a step !-- I have 2 grow areas for veg and bloom !-- I grow a plant up to about 6 inches tall pinch the top out so it'll branch-- give it a few days to a week to recover and move it to bloom for sexing !-- I'll take a few of the bottom limbs as cuttings if it is a girl and let the little things finish blooming !
It will show me how it grows and how long it'll take to finish and give me a little taste !-- I like it I can clone it many times as I want !-- Lots of times I will leave some green on bottom the base of the little plant and revegging it for more cuts or run it thru bloom again once it is big enough !-- U gonna grow indoors plant choice can make a big difference !-- Indica and indica dominate work for me !-- They don't get too big and
finish blooming fast !-- I can't see blooming a sativa for 13-15 weeks when something like an AK 48 finish in 50 days !-- Hang in there Cuz !-- U just keep at it !

I have looked and looked at these pic's. That third pic looks iffy to me. Why do you want to reveg now? It will set them back a lot.

A stressed plant can hermie and they can hermie at any age. If a plant does self (hermie) then its offspring will have that trait. Most people won't breed a hermie or keep it as it will seed the other plants around. Sometimes the hermie's pollen is sterile. It does happen more with bag seed as they were could have hermied to begin with.

Good luck with your babies.

Wow, I hadn't thought of that.

I am revegging them because I want to either use them as mothers or take clones when they are big enough.

Are you saying I should clone them now to avoid the possibility of cloning them after they hermie?

how big are these plants? You can reveg or you can try to clone now if you're not in a hurry.

those pictures def show pistils. It is the 2nd pic that I see a herm sack at that lower node. IMO i would finish flowering them and take what ya get. Start some new seed and if possible get some good Genetics

if I could copy and circle the spot I would

Sorry guys, I'm new to using forums and if I'm stealing someone's post I truly apologize. I have a question on whether or not this may be a male, I'm really hoping it isn't. The strain is blue dream, started from seed. Spent 4 weeks in vegetative state and just switched lighting to 12/12 about 5 days ago and I see a node that has appeared. I can't tell if I should give it more time before I can tell of it is a male or female, but it's stressing me out because I think it may be a male. What are your guys opinions? Too early to tell?

View attachment 20171223_164152.jpg

View attachment 20171223_164150(0).jpg

i don't know a lot about sexing but looks like a gal so far. be patient and should know for sure soon enough. nice clear pic. need a bit more time.

Latest posts

Back