Green Crack 7ft × 5.5ft scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Lesso. Some nice fat colas there. Those girls weren't mucking about.

Thanks 400. The led has so far made much bigger and more compact buds.

Well, im at 44 days since 12 12. The buds need tied up every other day. They are absolutely glistening with resin. I couldnt be happier until i get another kind led. The sage and green crack under the hps are looser and stretchier. The green crack under the led is super dense and super sticky. I dont think th led side has much longer before chop. I will let the sage go a bit longer probably. Looks great for 44 days.

View attachment IMG_3639.jpg

View attachment IMG_3640.jpg

View attachment IMG_3641.jpg

View attachment IMG_3642.jpg

View attachment IMG_3644.jpg

View attachment IMG_3645.jpg

View attachment IMG_3647.jpg

Haha look at all them strings, i bet it was tedious work supporting all them buds. Looks very good Lesso. They are packing on size now.

Tedious and sticky. I needed lots of alcohol to wipe offthe resin from my hands and arms lol.

Ok. Final pics before i chopped em down. The green crack i quite purple and very dense with a generous amout of trichomes. I had them at mostly cloudy, a few clear a few amber. The sage honestly needed a week or two more, but i needed the space. Trichs are mostly clear and cloudy. Buds are a little bit under developed but very resinous. The buds under the kind led were much more dense. I even had a little budrot in the bigger muds. That was a result of not enough airflow combined with a lot of extra atmospheric humidity caused by T.S. Harvey. But overall i have a lot of super dense, sticky nugs. I give this grow a b- based on not controlling the canopy or humidity. I would definitely grow hso green crack again.

View attachment 20170830_150605.jpg

View attachment 20170830_150521.jpg

View attachment 20170830_150518.jpg

View attachment 20170830_150508.jpg

View attachment 20170830_132815.jpg

View attachment 20170830_132807.jpg

View attachment 20170830_132801.jpg

View attachment 20170830_132755.jpg

View attachment 20170830_132735.jpg

View attachment 20170830_132727.jpg

View attachment 20170830_132723.jpg

I hope you get a great haul Lesso. Bud rot sucks and can ruin a crop in a matter of days, happened to me once outdoors and the whole plant was ruined within a week. I think you did the right thing clearing out the tent when you did. A really good clean and you should be back on track in no time.

I hope you get a great haul Lesso. Bud rot sucks and can ruin a crop in a matter of days, happened to me once outdoors and the whole plant was ruined within a week. I think you did the right thing clearing out the tent when you did. A really good clean and you should be back on track in no time.

Exactly. Time to sterilize. I noticed a bit of whitefly infestation going on too. The cooler dryer weather of the next couple of months is a lot easier to grow in.

225 grams from the sage plant. Had a herm in the group as i found some seeds. Thats gonna hurt the yeild for sure. I still have to final trim the 3 green cracks. Will post weight and some bud shots later.

That green crack cola looks amazing. Are those humbolt seeds? Please give us a smoke report so I can be jealous.

That green crack cola looks amazing. Are those humbolt seeds? Please give us a smoke report so I can be jealous.

Thanks rose...yes hso seeds. The final smoke report will come when a little more of a cure sets in. They are a bit raw right now. I can tell you the TH seeds sage n sour is quite special. Very trippy and potent and smells like orange zest. I wish i had a little more time to let her run.

Green crack....790g
Had a herm in the bunch throw some pollen. There is a bit of seeding which hurt my yield a bit. The tester buds have a mango-ish smell mixed with skunkyness. The smoke is smooth and the stone is giddy and happy at first followed by a deep drop off into couch lock 40 minutes later. Great stuff here. So the scrog produced 915 grams of high quality bud. Even though there were a few seeds, im mostly happy with the yield. B minus on the grow. A minus on the buds.

View attachment 20170906_114314.jpg

View attachment 20170906_114204.jpg

View attachment 20170906_114304.jpg

I have processed all of the trim from this grow with dry ice and ended up with nearly 2oz of light blond keif. The keif itself smells like funky orange peels. Time to make some edibles.
After curing 2 weeks inthe jars the green crack and sage have smoothed out considerably. As would be expected. So here are the final reports:
GREEN CRACK (HUMBOLT SEEDS ORG.)
This one was really easy to grow. Massive explosive growth in the hydro system i use, lots of branching and really took well to the screen. Of the three plants i grew, the two under the led didnt really stretch much at all. The other plant which did stretch was under an hps. All 3 had nice frosty colas which turned slightly purple in the end of flower. The densest of those nugs were found under the led. I didnt trim them super close as the sugar leaves were so frost covered i didnt see much point in putting them in the trim pile.
When i smell these buds i get a skunky, fruity smell and as i break them open or grind them i am overwhelmed with a mango perfume that is quite nice. They are cured to 62% rh and are near a complete cure after only 2 weeks. The smoke is quite expansive with sweet peppery flavors. For me, the high is very creepy, not feeling effects until halfway through a bowl or cone. As the high begins very sativa like and socially euphoric. 45 minutes later and i need to lay down....or smoke another cone lest I begin a descent into couchlock. Very good pain relief quality as well. I would most surely recommend this to anyone looking for an all around utility smoke. Im glad to have this in my lineup.

SAGE N SOUR (T.H.SEEDS)
For never having grown anything from this breeder i am really pleasantly surprised. Fairly easy to grow and like green crack, took very well to the scrog. Very sativa and a lot like satori in structure. My only complaint is the massive amount of stretch after flipping to 12 hrs. Without a scrog i would have run out of vertical space very quickly. I took these down a week or two early and i was dusted lightly by a hermie. Im sure i didnt get all i could out of her.
The buds are light and frosty like most sativa doms. A very strong orange peel\zest odor hits you immediately after opening the jars. There is almost no skunky smell\earthy smell at all. Upon grinding them you are treated to a citrus fruit salad across the palate.
The smoke is full bodied and imparts an almost immediate headrush high that will have you floating out of your seat after only a couple of tokes. The taste is sweet and follows with a fuel aftertaste denoting the sour diesel lineage. The high is lasting and lets you down easy unlike the green crack allowing you to smoke early and still have a productive day. I share this with friends and the laughter and wierd ideas are sure to follow. I wish i had let her continue for the las two weeks she really needed as i am sure i missed some weight gain. That being said i still got 8 oz out of the one plant. Not too shabby. I would highly recommend to satori lovers and sativa conoisseurs. I will most surely grow this on again.
Thanks for check out my journal everyone.

Great work lesso. Massive haul. Shame about the hermi i hope it didn't do too much damage

I dont think it was too bad. Ive only found a few seeds here and there.

Old post, I know. But thanks for the side by side comparison of LED vs HPS!
It was my pleasure. I have the th seeds sage n sour... Maybe next grow

Theyve perked up nicely since last time. I only have a few squares not filled. Shouldnt be long now. Im thinking i may flip in 4 days.

View attachment 244371
I know this is an older post but once you set up a scrog, Can you still get in there to pick off dying leaves and such? I don't like leaves falling off and sitting on the soil. I assume you can still reach around through the top to clean things up?

I know this is an older post but once you set up a scrog, Can you still get in there to pick off dying leaves and such? I don't like leaves falling off and sitting on the soil. I assume you can still reach around through the top to clean things up?
I leave myself enough room to be able to reach under.

Latest posts

Back