It's Art Attack... Gone horribly Wrong.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebstarr

Local Artist
Reaction score
I wrote this up a week ago, and thought this would be the perfect place to put it... :)..and i just want to apologise for the obscene amounts of pictures, i took a large amount (a LARGE), and i had to add them as attachments, so i have put "picture #" for each picture, and then will attach them in order.. :

Sebstarr, and His Homemade Bong…
Attempt 1

This isn’t really a tutorial. This is just my bong, and just a small piece on how I made it. You can use it; you can do whatever you want with it. You can even burn this small piece of writing. But for God’s sake, don’t claim it as your own. This has been done for years. The design isn’t mine, but the style is. And this tutorial is. So don’t go around showing it off, saying it is yours. Because that’s just spineless. So if you do, I hope that wherever you are, I hope that you trip, and impale yourself on your 2 litre bottle-bong. Yeah, I said that. Because it happens. And that pees me off. Just a heads up.

There are several things you are going to need if you want to follow this guide. And here they are, listed as the following:

·1 two litre bottle (I used a Tesco’s lemonade bottle if you are wondering)

·1 knife, penknife, whatever… just a knife. And a sharp one.

·1 lighter, preferably a jet-lighter, because they have a more powerful flame.

·Spray cans of paint (preferably acrylic based, because they dry faster), I used black, and red colours.

·PVA glue.

·1 Paint Brush.

·1 Paint Pot (preferably not a nice brand new one).

·1 Bong bowl (I used one off an existing bong, but I am pretty sure you can buy them individually.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] So here we go… it’s not a step by step tutorial, so I apologise if I don’t explain it in immense detail, but I’ll try as best as I can.

Firstly remove the sticky label from the bottle, as this will screw you over later on when you get to painting the bong. Yes, I said painting it, because, personally, I am a stoner who likes his paraphernalia to look good, as well as work well.

Then unscrew the cap of the bottle. Wash out the bottle, removing any sticky residue from the inside. That **** ain’t nice.

Picture 1

Picture 2

After filling and emptying the bottle, shake until the inside is dry, then dry the outside of the bottle with a towel. Yeah, I know it sounds simple, but if you don’t, the water will completely mess you up later on. That said, it probably would have dried any way. But it’s better to be safe.

Picture 3

The next stage of creating the bong, is making the thumb hole, and the hole for the bowl. After the bottle is dry, take the lighter and the bottle, and gently light the sided of the bottle until a hole appears. Be careful with this, I don’t want to be responsible for any fires, deaths, or cursing and obscenities because of burns. Another reason to be careful about this, is because if the holes are too large for your thumb, or the bowl to fit snugly, then it will not be airtight (it doesn’t have to be perfect), and then this will result in a poor quality smoke. Below is a picture of where I placed the hole, and the size of the hole. This is the thumb hole.

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

From here I proceeded to make the hole for the bowl. Same process. Below is a few pictures:

Picture 7

Picture 8

When you put the lighter to the bottle, what happens is that the bottle crackles inwards. On it’s own, the two dimples left by the holes looked really… crap. But then I had an idea. With a less powerful lighter, I lit gently across different spots on the bottle for a couple of seconds, to give a “crinkled” feel across the bottle. It turned out to look really good. In most of the pictures, it doesn’t look as good as it does in life. But I thought it worked wonders, and give it a consistent feel to the bong.

Now that the holes are done, I went on to go to spray my bong. What I did, was give it a light but solid base coat of matt black. For best effects, spray the can lightly (shake it to free the particles) from a distance of about 8 inches in light, sweeping strokes. Don’t just hold it down and cover the thing, you don’t want drip-marks. And it’s just a waste of paint. Small bursts of spray are the best.

Picture 9

After spraying and letting it dry, the final look of the base coat was a matt black. From here I went on to give it an overcoat of red.

I then went on to add my red coat of paint to the bottle. Instead of giving it a flat coat of paint, I sprayed the can of paint from a longer distance (about 80cm?) so that the paint landed on the bottle in droplets that spread across the bottle. Again, with sweeping strokes, this created a black/ mauve colour with little red droplets, which I thought was a cool effect. But that’s just me. Vary the colours and style as much as you like.

Picture 10

Picture 11

I held the bottle by the cap, and also made sure that I avoided that area with the paint, because it is that area which you put your lips to, and I don’t really think that putting my lips near paint is very good for me. But neither is weed really. So you decide.

This is what the bottle looks like after the red spray, without, and with the bowl in it:

Picture 12

Picture 13

I could have finished here. I did like the matt look, but the paint would wear easily, and it wouldn’t be that hard to flake the paint off. As a result of this, I decided to coat the bottle with PVA glue, to give it a shiny look, and to protect the surface from flaking.

Firstly, I filled my paint pot with PVA (why it shouldn’t really be a brand new pot) , and slapped a large blob of PVA on to my paintbrush.

Picture 14

Picture 15

With the paintbrush, I gave the bottle a coating of PVA all over, except from the lip of the bottle. This is for the same reason as not coating it with paint: because it can’t be too good for the health. Just being safe you know? The best way to coat the bottle is from the top to the bottom, it doesn’t really matter the direction of the strokes, but covering the whole bottle with an even, but thick layer of PVA.

Picture 16

Picture 17

few minutes, and a LOT of PVA later:

Picture 18

Picture 19

Here you can see how I have left the lip untouched, because of the reason stated before. The effect turned out well; after the PVA had dried (within a few hours, around 5-6), it left a smooth, shiny surface, which worked well with the bottle.
Here is the finished product, compliments of Sebstarr…:

Picture 20

Hope that this guide has given you some ideas, if not a good reading! I hope to make a double chamber soon, and have plans for a REALLY exciting piece to work on.

Hopefully I will come back with a new, and improved piece, soon enough. Thanks for reading guys. Sebstarr.

Picture 21

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 3.jpg

Picture 4.jpg

Picture 5.jpg

Picture 6.jpg

Picture 7.jpg

Picture 8.jpg

Picture 9.jpg

Picture 10.jpg

Picture 11.jpg

Picture 12.jpg

Ahhh... on Second thoughts, maybe this should go to the DIY section...

Mods?
Sorry dudes.

Thanks very much melissa... Now I can't walk around the house without imagining what different household items i can make into these bongs! :)

I am currently working on a BACKPACK bong... Made out of FOUR 2 litre bottles and a plate with straps, with pipes connecting the 4 bottles, and another 2 SEPERATE pipes, one for the breathing pipe, and one connected to a bowl...

Its gonna be CRAZY.

Heres a double chamber one i made in the last hour... milk carton and robinsons :) ...

P1010033.JPG

Latest posts

Back