Powdery mildew issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross

Reaction score
Now that it's colder my fans haven't been running as much when the lights are off and I started noticing some powdery mildew spots. It's nothing super bad but it's on some plants that are only like 2 weeks in. Now that I know I have a humidity issue I've fixed that but will fixing the humidity alone stop it from spreading or do I need to take some other sort of measure?

Eagle 20 for the kill. Milk in a spray bottle sprayed directly on the places that you see will stop those places from spreading but will not help any of the places that you don't see. If you use the milk and then lower humidity and raise fan wind, It will hold it down but not eradicate it. Eagle 20 will eradicate it.

:(
eagle 20?!?.. hes 2 weeks into bloom.
i wish people would stop recommending that so quickly.

no offense hush, i just have such a negative opinion about it, and how it's so rampantly recommended on forums.

that said, nothing else really works to stop it, ross :( (or comes anything close to eagle/nova)

no unfortunately, your humidity now in check wont stop it. it's a evil disease man, especially indoor.

i've used serenade, h202, greencure, and something else i can't remember.
they all just push it back for a few weeks.
eagle will kill it, but i'll never recommend it ;)

the main concern IMO is that you keep it from spreading, especially to anything in veg if you have another room. do serious clean up after and hope you only have to deal with it this once.

i'd go the repeated simple light-weight sprays, over having to suit up Michelin man style, but it's your garden ;)

imo plants 2 weeks in get a sulphur burn---you cannot see spores of pm if you got it---they will lull you into a feeling of false security if you think you got it under control with a little spray and soon as you be in full bloom and too late to burn the sulphur they will show again---treat the entire room and be done with it---if not you will be fighting it till you harvest and that sux---jmo---best of luck

Good idea on the sulfur burn Orange. I forgot about that.

Kaotic; I agree with you that eagle is harsh, that is why I also suggested milk spray to slow it down as I forgot about the sulfur. The eagle is better used during veg, but I thought that stuff degrades after a few weeks in the system and is no longer toxic, Is that not true?

yeah good call on the sulfur OS

hush; yeah the myclobutinol (however the heck it's spelt ;) ) the main ingredient is said to dissipate after about 30 days.. but still has some small remnants if i recall from posted studies. (there's other goodies in there with much less study though too ;) )

hey, there's likely a million things under your sink likely as bad or worse for ya.. i just feel eagle is very abused by pot growers.
it shouldn't be the first thing to come up (should be the last step when you just cannot lose a valued cut IMO) but always is on these forums.

IMO; it's just a cover for lazy gardening, and cashcroppers really.

I bought a dehumidifier

I spot treated leaves with some neem oil. I guess we'll see how it works out in a few days.

E20 needs 30 days to cycle through...so at two weeks even on an 8wk strain in optimum growing conditions he still has 6ws if the grow is problem free..plenty of time for the e20 to cure and be gone..mind you...I use as a preplant dip and have NEVER had a pm issue since I started that...be sure to replace fans, ducting, and bleach wash the interior of the tent..clean hood, framing bars..spores are everywhere...

Latest posts

Back