introduce myself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

ness

Hi to everyone, I grow up in MA on the east coast and love being on the beach, my teen age years were from 1966 to 1972. I started to smoke when I was 16, and have not stop yet. I wishing everyone the best.

I was wonder, I am fighting a mite problem with my plants, do you think ortho elemental insecticiclal soap would be O:K to fight my mite problem. Or, do you think I should go with something like neem oil. Thank You

:vap-leafy_wave: nes

Welcome to MP. Nice to have you join us. I would stay away from Neem Oil. I have never used it but hear that it leaves a nasty taste. I will see if I can dig up a link to something most people recommend. Most likely someone else will be by to help before I find one. :)

Welcome to MP. Sounds like you are only a bit younger than I am. I started smoking about 1968 when I was 17 and, like you, haven't stopped.

I would not use either of those products for spider mites. I simply hate neem oil and have never actually seen it work to eradicate any kind of pest. In addition, it leaves an oily residue on the leaves that makes it difficult for the plant to transpire and breathe.

I would try SNS 217 to treat the active mite infection. this is an organic product that usually works, unless the infestation is really bad.
https://www.sierranaturalscience.com/natural-pesticides/sns-217/

Follow the SNS 217 up with SNS 209, to keep the mites away after they are gone. https://www.sierranaturalscience.com/natural-pesticides/sns-209/

I wouldn't use soap on spider mites, they will laugh at you after one application. I would do what the Hemp Goddess advised. That are the borg. Clean everything very well and follow the directions exactly on the SNS.. Green mojo to you!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:
Welcome to the party here at MP. Think you will find this place to your liking. Any questions, ask away, someone will have an answer. I started using this herb in 1964, daily since July of 1968. We have a special place for people like you (an old fart like me), it`s called "Curmudgeonland...Home of the Old Farts Club" in the Coffee Table section of Lifestyles. Check us old farts out.

Welcome to MP. Nice to have you join us. I would stay away from Neem Oil. I have never used it but hear that it leaves a nasty taste. I will see if I can dig up a link to something most people recommend. Most likely someone else will be by to help before I find one. :)
Thank You, for the advice. Helps out a lot. :vap-Bong_smoker:

I would not use either of those products for spider mites. I simply hate neem oil and have never actually seen it work to eradicate any kind of pest. In addition, it leaves an oily residue on the leaves that makes it difficult for the plant to transpire and breathe.

I've used neem for mites myself, it reduced the population to near zero. Neem breaks down in UV light. Here's a link for those that think neem oil doesn't work fyi you're probably using it wrong if its not working....http://www.discoverneem.com/neem-oil-insecticide.html

Latest posts

Back