LED AK-48 Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pictures I took this morning. Both plants seem to be doing very well. All bud sites are growing a lot every day. There is a huge difference each day. Not too much trichomes yet, but they are starting to appear in the newest bud growth. It's really cool to watch how they grow and how they form.;)

Photo0127.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Photo0129.jpg

I was taking a look at the plants before the lights went out this evening, and the bud growth has gone crazy in the last day and a half. All of the new little leaves that are around bud sites are loaded with trichomes, and the buds themselves have doubled in size. All I can say is WOW. They are actually looking like some of the beautiful buds I see all you guys growing. I can't say enough about this site. This is my very first grow ever, and I did almost all my research on this site, read the stickies, and read complete grow journals, and I still wasn't all that confident that I could do it with quality results. I was wrong. Internet is awesome!:D

A few nice pics of the various bud sites. They are really doin their chores now! IMO, they are really growing beautifully. They have been flowering for 2 full weeks now, just entering 3rd. In the last couple days, new leaves near bud sites are loaded with trichomes, but it's hard to see in pics. I believe soon there will be enough of them to give em that "snowy" appearance. Hopefully now I just get to continue the same regimen, and watch my buds get bigger and fatter!:hubba:

Photo0139.jpg

Photo0141.jpg

Photo0143.jpg

Photo0144.jpg

hey erwin- thanks for the pics. They are looking real good. AK48 must just be a real resinous strain because mine is too. The trichomes are even starting to line the fan leaves.

Is your "cherry" pheno the frostiest?

GrowinGreen said:
hey erwin- thanks for the pics. They are looking real good. AK48 must just be a real resinous strain because mine is too. The trichomes are even starting to line the fan leaves.

Is your "cherry" pheno the frostiest?

Yeah I agree, it seems to be a real resinous strain. My new fan leaves in the last day and a half have been loaded with trics. My cherry pheno is a bit slower. It is a couple days behind, so it is just starting today to make trics. I will let you know how dense they are in a couple days, maybe I can get some pics in as well. I'm just blown away with this strain though.:hubba:

it'll just keep gettin better from here on out, looks like you got it on the lock. I was askin about the distance from the lights cause I wasn't sure how far you had that cfl and you got it right. Keep your ph right and your nutes steady and it'll be like christmas morning until harvest day

Well: I finally took some pics with my new HD HandyCam. These are the very first ones, so I am posting them to see how they look, and to figure out what adjustments to make in the camera settings. So far they look pretty nice. Referring to the pics! Though the buds are looking pretty good too IMO!:D

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00009.JPG

DSC00011.JPG

Would you see ak48 would do well with high density grows/ SOG due to its growth pattern?? Does it have one main cola and usually extends up instread of becoming excessively bushy?

sheerwaste11 said:
Would you see ak48 would do well with high density grows/ SOG due to its growth pattern?? Does it have one main cola and usually extends up instread of becoming excessively bushy?

Hi Sheerwaste. This is my first grow, and my first dealing with Ak-48. So far in my experience, these are pretty bushy plants. My main cola is just now forming, so we will see how it gets with time. If you go up a few posts to GrowinGreens, he has a link to his Ak-48 grows as well. His is a little ahead of mine, and he is more experienced than I. I don't know how much experience you have, but being that I am brand new, and that these are turning out well so far, I would say that these are pretty good for beginners. From what I read, the potency is good, and the yields are decent, and the flowering time is short. I can tell you that odor is an issue with these. You will need ample filtration, or the around anywhere near your grow will smell of dank weed.;)

The ladies are looking great so far. Keep up the great work and you will be well rewarded. :) Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

Nice journal man!
Impressive results!
I grew some AK48 on 200W FLC last year and came nowhere near your bushes...
Those LEDS really seem to work for ya!

I'm now testing how that strain grows outdoors...
still germinating my beans though :hubba:

nikimadritista said:
Nice journal man!
Impressive results!
I grew some AK48 on 200W FLC last year and came nowhere near your bushes...
Those LEDS really seem to work for ya!

I'm now testing how that strain grows outdoors...
still germinating my beans though :hubba:

Thank you for your kind words. I really like the LED unit that I have. I guess the ladies really liked it too. The wealth of knowledge on this site is the only way I could have achieved the results I have so far. Beginners luck only goes so far! LOL.. I hope you do a journal as well. Thats where I've learned the most, other peoples journals. I've found this to be a fairly simple hobby. It is very rewarding, fun, and like every other hobby I have, there is always a "next" purchase.;)

Time for an update with some pics. Things still seem to be going really well. The "cherry" pheno (plant on the right) is finally starting to put out lots of trichomes. The buds are getting noticeably bigger every day. They are starting to fill in the main cola on both plants, though still have a ways to go. They are starting to suck the life out of the lower fan leaves slowly. It's like the stem to the fan leaves is a straw, and the buds suck all the green goodness through the straws, and the fan leaves turn translucent yellow, and eventually fall off and shrivel up. The buds right now have a real earthy smell to them. I am starting to see some occasional reddish pistils emerging. These are getting really fun to watch now.;)

DSC00001-1.JPG

DSC00002-1.JPG

DSC00003-1.JPG

man Erwin- those are looking great. And that's awesome you are getting some red pistils, I'm jealous haha

Oh and on the new camera have you messed around with the macro settings at all? Should be a picture of a flower, usually.

GrowinGreen said:
man Erwin- those are looking great. And that's awesome you are getting some red pistils, I'm jealous haha

Oh and on the new camera have you messed around with the macro settings at all? Should be a picture of a flower, usually.

Thanks GG. I haven't messed with the macro settings yet. I will make that my project today though. I got the camera on a tripod, now I just have to find a way to hold a magnifying glass steady to get those super close-ups. Yeah I wish! Any ideas?

The ladies are looking great. Wish my white widow were in flower right now!! Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

I just took these pics a little while ago. They have been in flower for a full 3 weeks now, and I'm hopeful that I can let them go to about 8-9 weeks. They are filling in quite a bit, buds are getting more dense. The main colas are filling in more every day. They are also packing on trichomes. Some of the buds are beginning to have more of a dank bud smell to them, instead of the very "earthy" smell they have had so far. Really fun to watch now. I'm having fun with my new camera too!;)

DSC00005.JPG

DSC00006.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00009.JPG

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00011.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

erwin awesome pics man- what kind of camera did you get? They are crystal clear. And the AKs look amazing- good job man.

Latest posts

Back