Droopy White Widow Cont.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeybtoken

Reaction score
This place is awesome!!! Eveytime that I ask a silly question I seem to be able to find not one but several answers someplace within this site! Sorry I tried to find the end of this site but I'm not yet sure there is one.
This place is simply amazing and many of the folks here continue to totally blow me away with their in depth knowlege and insight to pot growing.
THANKSYOU.........THANKYOU........THANKYOU.......ALL!!!!!

*******OUT OF THE SICK WARD*******
This being my first indoor grow ever I TRIED REALLY HARD TO AVIOD PH PROBLEMS, trying to save a few bucks and/or waiting to buy a really good PH tester was a really stupid mistake and is how I ended up in the SICK PLANTS section of this site.

***DAY 30 FROM SEED***
From this point fourth I will continue grow #1 and will be starting grow #2 at week five of my first grow. I have yet to make a choice between clones or seed, either way I will start grow #2 within the next week.
My plan is to move grow #1 into my flowering chamber at six weeks.
Over the past few days my plants have started to show sex! If I am correct I think that I have two males and seven females. :eek: :rolleyes: :hubba:
I will practice taking and posting some pics to see if I am correct, but I hope that I am right. I figure that I should be able to know forsure in the next week or so?
Here are some pics of one of the ones that I am pretty sure is a male? You tell me if I am right?

I was really surprised when I started to find pistals on all of my largest plants first. Not that I am complaining. I know the pics are not the greatest but I figure the only way to get better is to keep trying???

did I read droopiness...let see!

but other then that, very nice lush green lookin male and female u got there..

Much Peace and Nugz,

7greeneyes :D

Keep up the good work!

Nice pictures.

The Canon Powershot SD750 gives good pictures when in its Macro mode.

You have a dead insect in picture 3, can you see any more of them?

How long have you had alternating nodes?

The title of the thread is wrong, you are asking sex.

:peace:

Thanks 7green
You can see my first two sets of pics in the Sick Plants and Problems section of this site under the same title.
They may still look a bit droopy to me but they seem to be healthy otherwise. I think that it may be something to do with the strain but I could be wrong. Could very well just be PH.
Thanks for the look see.

What's up H I P
Too funny....your spot on, how in the heck did you know what kind of camera I was using??? Your good!!!
Actually the dark spot is just a piece of dirt, I had a bit of a problem with my fan blowing dirt off of the tops of the pots. My pots were to full so I ended up having to take a couple of inches of dirt off all of the pots. I have been trying to get rid of most of it but there is still some on them. I have had no bug problems as of yet.....I have been keeping a pretty close eye out for intruders, I've spotted a couple of ants but that's it so far.

I must not really understand what you mean by alternating nodes, I thought that was when you have one branch instead of two??? I have not found any if I understand you correctly?

I do have a quick question for you. I noticed somewhere in a thread where you had a simular experience with PH problems.
I was wondering how long it took before you were able to get your PH back on and what method that you used to do so?

Thanks Guys
I will do my best to follow my grows with pics at least once a week to gather as much info as I can from all of you experienced guys and gals.
Stop by......load a bowl......get stoned......take a peak, help me out or just say hi!

I got really stoned and almost forgot......so I am right the top pics are of a male plant......right???

As for the title I just continued it from the Sick Plants Section...so that those that had helped me over there could easily find me over here.
I know I should have probably just started here first.
Stoned and new make for a confusing first timer....sorry I'll get better.

Thanks Again Guys
Peace Mike

Never Mind Hippy, found it.....again.....I knew I had seen something about vineger for lowering PH and it was in your thread....thought so.
I looked for days but could not find it. There it is in your Autos For Seed Book! This place rocks and your one awesome Hippy....Hippy!!!
I think I see how you knew what camera I was using.
Back to your Autos thread!
Peace!
Mike

I am getting ready to start grow #2 and put grow #1 into my flowering chamber within the next week to ten days. In preperation for this I am mixing my third batch of Subcools Super Soil Recipe, (with some minor adjustments)
His latest revised mix is as follows:

8- Large bags of High quality Organic potting soil with a coco and Mycorrhizae 25# bag Organic Worm castings
5# Steamed Bone meal
5# Bloom bat Guano
5# Blood meal
3# Rock Phoshate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup Sweet Lime ( Dolimite)
½ Cup Azomite ( Trace Elements)

I have have yet to be able to find less than an 80LB bag of Rock Phosphate so I have excluded it from this recipe.
This is what I will be working with:

I have been dealing with low PH on my first two batches so I will be testing everything that I mix before hand.
My tap water is running at 6.5 right from the sink. The Roots Organic mixed with 50/50 tap water is about the same. The worm compost also mixed 50/50 with tap water is running 3.9-4.1

Ok...I am basically just messing around and I have no real clue at what the heck I'm doing but I think that my final plan is to adjust my third mix to meet my plants needs. I think that I will choose to start WW seeds instead of taking clones just to keep everything exactly the same, except for my mix.
I'm now going to test my all of my nutrients PH by mixing one tablespoon of each to a couple of talbespoons of water.
Lets see what I come up with?

I'm not sure how I loaded the pics like that but heres what we have.
Top: Is my Down To Earth stuff.
Middle: Mexican Bat Guano I'm not yet sure that I will be using it in this mix but I tested it anyway. I will be using the epson salt.
Bottom: I poured all of this stuff into a one gallon jug tested it at 7.2 then I added a 1/4 tablespoon of PH up and it came up to 8.9
I then drank about a full cup to see how it tasted........just kidding.
But I was thinking about pouring it onto a male plant that I will have to kill here soon anyway.
I really have no clue as to what the heck I'm actually doing here I just wanted to get a feel for all of my products PH before I go changing the amounts of my mix. Basically I plan on trying to keep everything the same just less.
My brain hurts......I need one last bong and I'm done.... I will let you know what I come up with.
Later Mike

YOU'VE invested alot in soil/amendments...make us proud.

Taker EZ mikey...l8trs,

Hey there 7green.....actually not too bad especially when you compare with the price of of a full grow line of nutrients.
Subcools full recipe might be $300ish to do a half batch is under $200 minus the Rock Phosphate, which I still can't seem to locate in a resonable quanity.
QUICK UPDATE ON MY PH
I decieded to try the Aurora PH UP (pictured above) at first I was really afraid that I couold mess up and make it too high. So I started off really slow with a half dose on a couple of plants a couple of days ago. It did exactly what it said it would do. A half dose raised the PH by a half point, a full dose raised it by a full point. Within about 12 hours of using it on all plants they started to look much better. My PH should now be really close now but I wont know for sure until my next watering.
I did NOT use end up using the gallon mix that I was going to put onto a male plant. I figured that I was way too stoned to put it on anything. But it did help me to make some final adjustments to my soil mix.

So this is what I came up with:
1. I'm going to mix all four bags of Roots with 1/2 half bag of the worm castings.
2. Then I will seperate that mix into two piles. One of which I will put a half strength Subcool nutrient mix into.
3. I will then use the Subcool Super Soil as per his intructions on filling each pot by deviding it into thirds. Bottom being full strength (in my case actually half strength) The second layer a 50/50 mix, and the top Plain Roots.
4. I will then test run off, adjust, and then let those pots sit for several weeks until my new batch of WW seedings need to be transplanted. (Which I should probably start tomorrow.)
I will make sure to have a bit extra to use as top dressing for my plants.
(I happened to notice at the grow shop the other day that a bag of top dressing by Aurora was almost $200.)

My first two batchs were at about 60-75% strength and I still had some minor plant burn thus being the my reason for lowering by another 25%
So let go take a little look see shall we.

I was going to just spray them off but then I remembered the bug problems that the Hippy In England had I decied to scrub the crap out of em. See I am paying attention.

Opps lost one.... Oh well.... I'm starting to gain a little confindence now that the girls looking happy. My largest healthiest plants all turned out to be females I can't believe it.
I topped three of the largest ones a few days ago and it did exactly what I wanted it to, it's pushing those little top right through to the light.
the two little one up front are the ones that are in plain Roots. That's right the Super Soil plants are not even a week older......amazing!!!
I can't believe I did it.......these things are kicking but. Another week to get my flower room ready...sweet, I'm so stoked.
Time to get really STONED.
Later Mike

Lookin better then MINE (I have Nirvana SnowWhite under 400watt mh atm, man do they grow slower under mh then hps)...lol! Nice work there guy...Keeper up and Git r' done!

I'm gonna have to pull up a bean bag chair 4 this journal....

Payce!

exhibit a droopiness (well 1 outta the 3 does, Nirvana's genetic drift within like strains is crazy), I believe its a tendency inherent in the specific strain...Don't worry...alls good!

Snow White is a widow dominant indica hybrid x-bred with an Afghani-Kush descendant.

Thanks 7G
I still think that it's a PH thang, my tap water ranges from 5.8 up to 6.8 which I am sure is part of my probelm. I've got all but one up to 6.2-6.7. I've been trying to do everything very slowly. I've trying really hard not to give them anything except water and light until I get my PH right on.
I did top three plants but it sure didn't seem to slow them down much.
I've been working on my second chamber enviroment, it should be finnally ready to go tomaro, but I am going to give them another week in veg.
Here's a bunch of pics from a couple of days ago. It's really turning into a jungle in there!
Peace Mike

That camera really kicks some butt...beautiful pics I will hve to look into getting one...looking good mikey...

Pic 1,2,3 are of the same plant and she is a montser, I topped her 3-4 days back and it didn't seem to slow her down at all. In pic #6 you can tell she is almost twice the size of the rest of my plants.
I think I will be trying to take my very first clone (ever) from her in the morning. I really hate to cut on any of them at all, but it must be done.
Peace Mike

Thanks Hamster
Your Fast! Yeah they work great for a little $175 Digital
Thanks for stopping by. Your another one of those AUTO KING dudes. I'm practicing on these so that I can run some AUTOS real soon.
I'll try to read through all of your grows before I start asking silly questions. But what I have read I really, really like. It's people like yourself that have inspired me to make it to this point.....many, many thanks MR HAMSTER LEWIS, nice grows, great info.
Peace Mike

Latest posts

Back