First Grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumwhiteguy

Reaction score
Ok evrybody here is my first attemp at growing. I started to germinated 6 seeds on sunday night in rockwool. I have a 400W HPS and plan on doing a DWC. I watched a buddy do this once and thats about it as for as my experience so any help would greatly be apprecieated!!:D

12-2_1.jpg

12-2_2.jpg

I don't see any intake or exhaust. There doesn't seem to be any fans, or anything for proper exchange of air.

Yea 400W will get too hot for that little area..
Have you planned on any ventilation?

Also are you planning on growing in that area for both veg and flower? You will definitely need more room.

I actually have a 6x6 hydro tent on the way and thats what I will be growing and vegging in. I have a 6 x 18 carbon filter and an inline fan. I plan on ordering a new Cool Tube Reflector and then running ducting through the refletor and then through the carbon filter out side of the tent. I also am taking that HPS out and turnning on some Florescent lamps when the seeds. What I would like to know in a 6x6 tent will a 400 watt HPS be enough. the tent will be mylar lined.

For a 6 x 6 space no...400=not enough lumens...
6 x 6=36 36 x 5000=180,000 for flowering...thats like 2 600w...

Are you sure the tent you ordered has a 6 x 6 footprint? that's a big tent.

A 400w is only good for a 3x3 area.
I'm not an expert but I heard you would want to perhaps pull the air through the carbon filter rather then push. If someone else knows otherwise chime in.

WOW im cant believe i put 6 x 6 :p Im sure the 2 bowls of skywalker kush didn't help :ccc: I ordered a 48 x 48 x 78 so no i have a 4 x 4 tent coming. so should I have the filter in the tent drawing air in and then out the tent?

sumwhiteguy said:
WOW im cant believe i put 6 x 6 :p Im sure the 2 bowls of skywalker kush didn't help :ccc: I ordered a 48 x 48 x 78 so no i have a 4 x 4 tent coming. so should I have the filter in the tent drawing air in and then out the tent?

Nope......filter in tent drawing air out

Good luck with your grow, you should be good with the set-up your making :aok:

Ok so i was having trouble with the order of the tent i was getting. Not getting it now this time. I got a 4 x 2 x 6 cabnet you can get at the Home Depot. I lined it with mylar and I mounted my carbon filter inside blowing out. I also have a 125cfm fan drawing cool air inside. I also got 4 white widow clones. I had them in the smaller cabnet and it got hot in there. I hope thats why they look like how they do. Anyone have any ideas???

12-6-1.jpg

12-6-2.jpg

12-6-3.jpg

Does that cabinet close? Also you want a small fan inside stirring up the air and getting some movement going...the thing I like about the grow tents over these cabinets is they hve quite a few vents along the floor and stay cooler...not too mention they cost less...but you hve to work with what you hve...

thats true i had this cabnet in the garage so i pulled it out and cleaned it real good. yeah the cabnet closes and has mylar on all 4 sides. I will put a small fan in there to get the air moving. I was also thinking of rigging up dryer ventilation to blow air right on the HPS bulb to keep it cool. will that help with the over all temp? From what i have read they ladies can survive in a range of temperatures but what is the highest it should be before you are in trouble? is it the cooler the better for the ladies?

The cooler the better to a point...I shoot for mid 70's but hardly ever get or stay there...I am usually in the low 80's. You cld look up THG's diy cool tube...that wld help keep your light real cool... I hve a cool tube on my 600w light and it runs real cool...In the summer I had quite a few bouts with high temps approaching and even into the triple digits...the plants were fine but who is to say if it ultimately hurt my yield...

Thank you I was going to buy a cool tube eventually but I will look at making one. the cheaper the better at this point!!

hey peeeteeerrrrrrrrrr griffin

like your set up it will be fine for ya mate just do like ya mentioned and ain a fan directly at the bulb this will reduce temps slightly but not a lot.

the widow clones look well btw.

t4

t4

Ok here are the ladies. I am concerned about how they are looking. the temp is about 85 and they are being watered ever 2 hours for 10 min at a time. the roots are growing fine. Anyone have any suggestions???

12-7-1.jpg

12-7-2.jpg

12-7-3.jpg

OK I went out and made a cooltube. ended up finding what i needed at a thrift store!! Here are some pics. I am going to run another line of hose out of the cabnet so it works more effeciantly. :ccc:

12-7-4.jpg

12-7-5.jpg

12-7-6.jpg

OK I made some changes. The Ladies are in 2 gal buckets with a 5" round airstone. the Ph is 5.8. the roots trippled in size within 24 hours of being put in a DWC.

12-10-1.jpg

12-10-2.jpg

12-10-3jpg.jpg

12-10-4.jpg

12-10-5.jpg

12-10-6.jpg

Latest posts

Back