The bagseed mess

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warfish

Random title
Reaction score
When I first decided that I should attempt to grow for myself I took about 120 bag seeds of a wide variety that I had been saving up and germinated them all. I actually had 112 come up and start growing, hehe. Ever since then I have been steadily thinning out the crop and keeping the strongest looking plants. These are the 10 left of all that. A few have been confirmed female already but I'm waiting on the rest before final thinning. I put them all to 12/12 2 days ago. These all originally started out in another room with a 1000w MH lamp but after buying good seeds I got paranoid about hearing of all the hermies from bag seed so I moved these to a different location and came up with the 3 lights you see for the bloom. There a 150w, a 250w, and a 100w hps in that order from left to right. I know this setup it far from optimal but I think it is going to have to do for the bag seed grow as it is only a temporary location and I dont desire to spend more on them.

Warfish

DSC00477.JPG

DSC00483.JPG

bloody hell mate you did good and they look great so its just a waiting game of a week at most until you know whats what sex wise.

good work btw warfish

t4

Great start be proud alot of people would give there left arm for those plants

Thank you Time4Plan-B and ozzydiodude :) I guess I consider them a mess cause I did make numerous mistakes with them along the way, hehe. More than one morning I woke up and saw the edges starting to fry and had to flush and change water. I read a line here about trying to force feed a baby a large steak, made me laugh cause thats what I did with these. Started right out with nutes at half strength or better :eek: . I am really glad I started with these instead of investing in seeds and making those mistakes on them.

Warfish

Well done man, now just don't get over excited and start doting on them. Most people kill plants by caring to much hehe. Nice job

looking bushy green mojo to ya war..

Hello Warfish :)

Curiosity .. What is the white pipe for in picture 1?

:peace:

Hippy,
The pvc pipe is for checking water levels at a glance (I have a small stick with a styrofoam ball on the end that floats inside the tube and shows the level, wasnt in the pic) as well as for changing nutes. I have an attachement for my shop vac that drains all the nutes up through there on changes. Then I can also remove the pvc and set my test meter in the hole to check water quality.

Warfish

3 days later and they are already starting to stretch. Had to raise the lights each day so far since putting them to 12/12.

They drink like I cant believe, hehe. Adding a gallon of water every other or 3rd day to each bin.

The 3rd posetive female was found today. 2 are looking like boys but I cant tell yet. 8 more need to show sex still. I thought I was down to 10 but there is actually still 11 plants.

Plants measured 20" today from top of container.

I actually am not even sure on the temps of the closet for posetive, heat is not a problem though. I think nights may drop to 60 or so and days at 74-76. Going to move hygrometer/thermometer in there tomorrow to get a better idea of it.

There is no turning over the air in the room at night (still an oscillating fan running inside on plants) as I have to seal up the closet for darkness and this was a temporary location, but in the day the door is open so the air is turned over a ton while lights are on.

Getting more excited all the time watching these things grow! :D

Warfish

bagseed12-21.JPG

looks good bro! dont worry all the "mistakes" you made so far will make it better for your next batch. these look good. just have to wait now....hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait...welcome to the game! :watchplant: :watchplant:

Thanks, Surreptitious :) Glad you stopped in for a look!

Found a male today and removed him. 2 more are looking male and 2 looking female, but they need a bit more time to tell for sure. 10 plants left now. Today is one week since they where sent to 12/12.

A Sativa looking strain is starting to bud up and I can see a few crystals when looking up close already :D The closet is a total mix of bagseed, there are some indica looking strains and some sativa and some mix looking, hehe

Warfish

very exciting! cant wait to see these bud..

2Dog,
I'm really excited as well :D This gardening stuff is more work than I thought it would be, but is also more rewarding than I was expecting, very relaxing and enjoyable.

Found 2 more males today and removed them. Confirmed 2 more females for a total of 5 so far:D . 3 plants are unknown still on there sex.

Warfish

Looking good warfish!
Your ventilation might be okay for a while, but I'd look for a way to change air at lights out.
Good move on the hygrometer.
:)
Gb

Thanks for stopping in GeezerBudd :) I am working over a couple possible ventilation solutions now for the closet as I think I have decided that this is where I will be doing veg growth in the future, although I have one other location in mind that I would prefer if I can figure out how to vent and seal that area.

Found and removed what looks like will be the last male today. 6 posetive females and one more I'm near posetive is a girl as well. So it looks like 7 out of 12 are girls :D

Two plants look to be sativa of some type, although each one looks like a different sativa strain. These 2 plants are now at 25" and growing fast. One of them is starting to bud up a little for me too :) Here is a pic of top down on the 2 that I think are a sativa and a pic of the bud starting.

Warfish

12-25closetsativas.JPG

12-25closetsativabud.JPG

the first pic they look like hybrid to me..with a bit of incica bush to them..I see pistils!:eek:

Having fun watching them grow :) The two tallest plants are now at 32-36 inches tall from top of pot. The rest are at around 26 inches. They are all confirmed female and starting to produce alot of pistils :D.

I will update my main room grow later tonight after the camera battery recharges :) I have made a alot of changes to that grow over the last week.

Here is a pic of the bagseed closet as of today

closet12-31.JPG

that is awesome! I love this grow.. have a happy new year war!

They grew more! hehe :) The canopy is now at around 40" on average all the way across. I have been taming and training one sativa along the back wall, it would be well over 4 feet by now otherwise :D This bag seed grow has been an excellent learning experience for me and continues to be. I am hoping to find a treasure in this grow, but if not, well I may have a full room of treasures in my main grow :)

The 2 in the back left are at 5 weeks and the rest 3 weeks of 12/12

1-08closet.JPG

I have been getting tons of growth too..I may consider switching them into 12/12 earlier next grow.. mine keep touching the light and it freaks me out..

Latest posts

Back