Auto Blueberry Kush and Russian Rocket Fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks db33322! I appreciate it tons! :)

Note: Started to germ 1 more of each (BK and RRF) 9:45 am - 1/05/10

So it looks like the 1 BK that never popped, will never pop. I will give it a few more days. Then a RRF that had a hard time getting rid of it's shell, popped, but never really opened up. Again, I will give it a few days to see if anything happens.

The other 2 also had trouble with the the seed casing, but I tried HL method and it worked like a charm, at least I think so lol. They seem to be doing ok so far. One does look a little better then the other, but I hope both will be fine.

Wish I was not having such a rough start haha. But it is OK, I am determined to get this right!

Note: The two new beans have cracked, so I put the in the soil. 1/07/10 - 1:00 pm.

Hopefully these 2 don't have a hard time removing their shell.

goood luck bro just started sum RRF in my new grow 7 out of 10 have cracked so far

GREEN MOJOTO YOUR GIRLS

Here's something if your having trouble that has worked out great for me so far. Instead of starting your germ in a paper towel, start it in the pot that you plan on using for your grow.
I do all of mine in rose buckets or a 1gal water jug for whole foods (makes a great pot for real cheap and just have to add drain holes) if you have one near by. First I add FFOF and fill it about 2/3 the way up and the top it off with MG seed started and flush with water and let drain, after that I put it under my lights for about 30-45 minutes to warm up the soil. After that I make a small area about 1/4-1/3 inch deep for my seed and drop one in then covering and putting a clear cup over and add it to my veg tent. So far I've only had 1 not sprout out of 15 and they all break ground in about 3-4 day
As far as the problem you are having with the casing not dropping I use a spray bottle and lightly mist the little plant down and then easily start to remove the casing. With the plant having water on it the casing should come off a bit more easy. If you have any skin from the casing left I spray it a little more try to lightly peal it away.
I'm sure with your grow background you already know all of this but I find this works best for me with Auto's. Hope this helps and good luck

225smokestack said:
Thanks db33322! I appreciate it tons! :)

Note: Started to germ 1 more of each (BK and RRF) 9:45 am - 1/05/10

So it looks like the 1 BK that never popped, will never pop. I will give it a few more days. Then a RRF that had a hard time getting rid of it's shell, popped, but never really opened up. Again, I will give it a few days to see if anything happens.

The other 2 also had trouble with the the seed casing, but I tried HL method and it worked like a charm, at least I think so lol. They seem to be doing ok so far. One does look a little better then the other, but I hope both will be fine.

Wish I was not having such a rough start haha. But it is OK, I am determined to get this right!

I had one auto seed also have casing troubles - she is smaller than the other two and she had a couple of deformed leaves..... but she's gona make it - hoping the same for yours 225. Green Mojo xox
Another Auto Groupie

Ok, so some more bad news. Thursday I had to leave for a few days for a wedding out of town. I ended up turning off the heater in my apartment for some reason, and left. Well down here in the south, it has been so damn cold as of late. I come back yesterday afternoon to find that the 2 new seeds I planted in the soil before I left, have yet to pop through the soil. :mad:

Inside the tent, the lowest temp it registered was around 45 degrees, and its highest with the heater off was around 61 degrees. I assume that due to the cold temps, the germination process was stunned, and they never made it through the soil. Is it possible that they will still be OK? I personally do not think they will, but I figured I would ask the experts.

So basically, if these don't come through, I will be germing MORE seeds. BLAH! Did not want to be using all these seeds in this little amount of time, but I gotta do what I gotta do! :(

I will edit a little later to add a pic of the 1 BK I still have going. Hopefully she didn't get too stunned by the cold snap.

You should be alright when you get things warmed up.

Thanks Chef. I hope things turn around in the next couple days.

Here is a pic of the 1 BK seedling I have going. Day 8, a little small, but I think that had to do with super cold temps for 4 days. She is not as yellow as the pic looks.

100_0774.jpg

Checkin' in on the auto babys 225. What's going on? Did the two cold babies make it?

Was just about to update. Those 2 frozen girls did not make it. Just checked, and still nothing. I searched for the seeds and found them to be dead and shriveled up :(. And the 1 BK I have going, is still really small, and not much bigger than the picture previously posted. I am worried about her.

So, basically what I am saying is that I will be restarting this grow more or less in the next day or two. Hopefuly no more cold snaps this winter, I have no weddings I need to go to, I will be in school and around to care for my babies. So this round SHOULD go smoother!

I will update with the "new" grow details ASAP. I am not the happiest camper in the world right now, but things can only get better lol.

I think I will start the seeds in smaller pots, rather then directly into the final large pots. It seems I have been having trouble during the seedling stage, so maybe the small cups will be easier on them and me for waterings.

sorry my friend all is not lostgreen mojofor the little girl

Note: Started germinating 2 MORE BK and 2 MORE RRF. :mad: 1/14/10 - 5:00 pm

Thanks fruity, I am holding out hope for her, but I dunno. Don't see her pulling through for me, but thanks for the mojo! If she does not make it, I will use the gris gris on the next seedlings :)

nice doing the RRF my self 6 days above dirt

Notice, not much difference between day 8 and day 11 haha. Except for a little more yellowing. Blah.

100_0777.jpg

Maybe a very weak feeding for the lil yellow seedling? When my seedling yellow on me which has not been too often I throw them a very light feeding...very light...I pour a tiny bit of full strength veg nutes into a solo cup and then fill it the rest of the way with ph'd water and then gve that to them...

Note: 2 BK and 2 RRF all cracked and into soil. Solo cups. 1/17/10 - 4:30 pm

Well the newly soaked beans have cracked. I have decided to go the cup/small container route for the seedlings instead out directly into the big pots. Hopefully this helps a little bit.

BTW, I am using MG Organic Choice along with distilled water, didn't think I ever mentioned that. Anyway, more pics when things get poppin'... hopefully soon :). I also hope to have a little better luck this time.

100_0778.jpg

I hate to hear that your having so much trouble getting these to start, I'm sure this time they will work out for you. Here is one of my blue girls she is 26" tall at week 6. I used MG seed started for this one and germed it right into the pot.

bb.jpg

Note: 2 RRF popped through soil. Day 1 for them. Still waiting on 2 BK. 1/20/10 - 10:30 am

So I woke up this morning to 2 new seedlings, hopefully ready to start their lives. I am still waiting on the 2 BK to push through. :fingerscrossed:

100_0779.jpg

Latest posts

Back