1st Grow(auto Easyryder)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea best i could get. thought my 10mp camera would do better, but nope. just wondering why the leafs would be curling under. the starter leafs much more so than the serrated. ill keep trying to take a better pic.

edit: yep tried Macro setting, and turned off flash. thanks :)

tbomun said:
yea best i could get. thought my 10mp camera would do better, but nope. just wondering why the leafs would be curling under. the starter leafs much more so than the serrated. ill keep trying to take a better pic.

Try Macro setting or try taking the pic from a lil further away and then zoom in a bit and crop it when you go to re size and post it....

i havent used any nutes, and i switched to a 20/4 light cycle. was on 18/6/. would switching light cycles do that?

that picture help any?

It does not look like there is a problem with that seedling...it looks fine...they don't always look all perky..they go through phases at least mine do...sometimes they are all perky and leaves stretched out and other times they kinda chill like that...

ok, so no worries? lol i should stop google searching!? hehe being a first timer i was worried.

HL thank you for helping me out. really do appreciate it.

tbomun said:
ok, so no worries? lol i should stop google searching!? hehe being a first timer i was worried.

HL thank you for helping me out. really do appreciate it.

No problem Bro..that's what we are here for..to help each other...just keep your medium moist and your light close and let Mother Nature do it's thing for a bit...next step will be a transplant...with autos I like to go from seedling right into the pot that they will finish in...you don't want to do a bunch of transplanting with them since their life span is so short...

yep, from reading, everyone has said when the roots break thru the bottom of the rapid rooter, transplant it to the hydro sys.

w00t im excited!!! this is just day 2! lol got a ways to go.

tbomun said:
yep, from reading, everyone has said when the roots break thru the bottom of the rapid rooter, transplant it to the hydro sys.

w00t im excited!!! this is just day 2! lol got a ways to go.

Hydro on your first grow? You are a brave soul...lol I did hydro and soil my first grow...the soil part came out well...the hydro part not so much...:)
What do you hve to check your ph? Ph and ppm seem to be the real keys to a successful hydro grow...I wld recommend a digi meter over the crappy strips that i used my first grow...

yea if hydro is an epic fail, i guess i can try soil :)

for ph and ppm meters i have are :
HM Digital PH-200 (pH/Temp)
HM Digital Com-100 (EC/TDS/Temp) thing is on this one i dont know what setting to use. it has 3 different TDS modes.
1. TDS w/ KCI conversion factor and temperature coefficient
2. TDS w/ 442 conversion factor and temperature coefficient
3. TDS w/ NaCl conversion factor and temperature coefficient
so yea. i asked for help with it in my first post but no answer yet.
hXXp://www.bigbrandwaterfilters.com/pdfs/HMDigtal-COM100-Instructions.pdf

tbomun said:
yea if hydro is an epic fail, i guess i can try soil :)

for ph and ppm meters i have are :
HM Digital PH-200 (pH/Temp)
HM Digital Com-100 (EC/TDS/Temp) thing is on this one i dont know what setting to use. it has 3 different TDS modes.
1. TDS w/ KCI conversion factor and temperature coefficient
2. TDS w/ 442 conversion factor and temperature coefficient
3. TDS w/ NaCl conversion factor and temperature coefficient
so yea. i asked for help with it in my first post but no answer yet.
hXXp://www.bigbrandwaterfilters.com/pdfs/HMDigtal-COM100-Instructions.pdf

Maybe pcduck or Mindzeye can help you out with that...I know nothing about those tds meters...I hve a ppm meter that I bought long after my first and only hydro grow was over...hve not used it yet because I hve not gone back to hydro yet...

HELP! lol not sure what went wrong. she was fine when i went to bed. woke up this morning to find this. see attached pictures. one of the main leafs, is yellow and folding down. HELP !!

im home during lunch, not sure what i should do. should i turn light off? should i leave it on? given no nutes. just ph water. been on 20/4 light cycle. pls help. sooner the better, gotta go back to work in an hour.

about inch an half. what u think? pull light up inch or 2? keep it on same cycle or leave in dark a few hours?

Inch and a half with an HPS this early is too close. For the first 2 weeks, I have my HPS about 2 and 1/2 feet away from my seedlings, gradually lowering the light. The light is too intense that close to seedlings. Try that. Good luck!

Holy crap....you hve that seedling that close to a HID light? Back it way off or better yet put a cfl over it instead...I keep my seedlings under a cfl till they get their 2nd set of true leaves...then I put them under my hps.....I start them off like 2 feet from the hps and lower it gradually....

Nah it's not under hps light. Under cfl tube I got from bghydro. It comes with humidity dome. Believe it's a 25w.

You might want to back the light off a lil anyway...it is hard to tell with those pics on my black berry but looks like it might be getting a lil cooked....

yea i moved it back up. its like 2-2.5 inches away now. do you think its too far gone? or can it be nursed back to health? what else besides moving light up a little, should/can i do to help it along? thank you for the help.

btw little info on the light the plant is currently under.
-The T-5 is the brightest tubular fluorescent bulb available today. This T-5 is very compact (very thin and only 2’ long) and uses only 24 watts of electricity, and produces 2300 lumens of pure 6500K daylight-quality illumination for your seedlings and cuttings with a life-span of 3000-5000 hours.

Latest posts

Back