1st Grow(auto Easyryder)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx just that it's been 22 days and looks like it's a few days old

I went back to look up my plant size at 22 days.... there was a lot going on that week....
On the up side, it is probably a female if you don't see pollen sacks yet. Mine all showed sex at 21 days. I found a male at that time as well - I should have been watching for him around the 15th day but am a newb and they were fem seeds so it took me by surprise.
I had an auto white russian runt that was the last to show sex and at day 24 she was 8" dia and 4.75" tall and this was in a two gallon pot. We are now at day 37 and that girl is now 15" tall and covered in bud sites. Don't give up and don't wait for someone to find your post - go find someone who knows hydro. If I knew more, I might lean toward suggesting that you re pot her in soil - but I hesitate because I feel you need someones advice who's done it successfully.

What is the height and width of your girl? Can't really tell with that pic...

Maybe 4-5" tall and thin. Like a seedling stem almost. I'll try for bttr pics later.

ok, so its about 4 inches from the rooter. about 5-5.5 inches across(the 2 biggest leafs)

could it be root rot? gonna see if i can take a pic of roots. when i moved plant into 14gal running 12 gallons, i added hygrozyme for this exact reason. when i open lid it dont small rancid or gross. smells mostly like beer. theres a brn tint at spots on the roots. but im HOPING its from the nutes in water. cuz water is brownish.

ok here a few pics. first 2 obviously roots. last one is of stem that looks like its shedding its skin like a snake. only way i can describe it.

whats going on? sigh why couldnt grow one be perfect? lol :p

Howdy tbomun, for some crazy reason, the only pics of yours I see are in post 56. I see a baby and some silver. I am using Firefox and I never have this problem here. Are they jpegs? How much light is she under now? Any air movement?

weird it says In Progress when i try to re-upload the pictures. ill try again

mwe1wl.jpg

2h6sllk.jpg

a5hm5j.jpg

Ok measured this morning. She stands 4" is abt 4" across. :(

well im gonna continue working on her. but learn from this. ive made adjustments on size of res. and wrapped it in reflectix stuff from homedepot. read about that stuff here. so been doing my require readings :) also looking at gutting my grow box for the parts and convert closet space into grow room. gives much better versatility.

looked at the roots just now during my lunch. one, there is more of them. b, theres whiter than these, and three they are growing them hairs off the sides of them. maybe the hygrozyme is kicking in and cleaning res up. well i hope, so im not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

That snake skin could be the beginning of damping off. Be sure you keep the fan gently blowing across your plant. I think 1200 ppm is a bit high at this stage. If your pellets are submerged, think about lowering your water level to let the roots dangle into the nutes. The pellets can wick moisture upward and drown out the plant, so be careful here. If it starts to look pinched, you will need to work very hard to save your baby, but it can be done. How are your light levels?

Thx sk. Yea I have lowered the Res level. I will reduce the ppm too. Have recommendations as to what ppm rating I should be aiming for. Thanks again.

Not sure what u were asking abt my lights. Main is 400w hps. Couple 35w cfl tubes.

well today roots look MUCH better. i tried taking photos and i guess my camera sucks or i dont know how to use it. canon sd1100is. but anyway, they look nice an white. and theres a lot more of them. they are almost covering bottom of net pot. so i hope thats a good sign!!!

Update day 26. The roots seem to be finally taking off. Ton of white roots some with hairs r filling up the bottom of net cup.

Couple q's-
1. How long can one safetly shut off a growbox? Airpumps, fans, lights, everything. My parents swing by my house time to time. My pops know just my moms would have a **** attk.
2. When do I stop dropping the water res lvl? Been tying to keep gap between res an roots.

Thanks

updated pics. she is still purty short, but filling out. her leaves are growing in every which direction. little sign of nute burn, but ive already dropped it down to 850. was at 1200ish.

air temps holding steady. usually maxes out at arnd 81, low of 73. average temp is 77.

water temp now steady since upgrading res size, and wrapping it in Refletix. avg temp is 75-76

pH- 5.4-5.6

29y58oo.jpg

jui7tu.jpg

Just keep the res about an inch or so below your net cup and let the roots dangle into the nutes. You just want to avoid soaking your pellets.

ok thanks. ive made some changes. ive been running the pH too low apparently and too high of nutes. changed out the res, pH'ed the water correctly and have around 360ppm reading.

also moved the plant up 10" closer to the hps. was sitting around 2 ft. below light. now shes a bit closer. im hoping this all helps.

Latest posts

Back