Gettin' Started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PocketAces09

Reaction score
So here's some pics of my first "educated" grow. 9' X 10' area. Spent the last two weekends gutting and insulating this room. New framing/drywall/floor/ventilation/lights/etc,etc....
First pics is lookin in, with flowering section in back thats 39"X9'

Second is planned mother/clone/veg. section, with the mother/clones on right and vegging beauties on left.

Third pic is after I got the kids moved in.
Super Silver Haze on left under 400w MH
Blueberry is the tall mother with clones of Hogsbreath x2, 1 Romulan, 1 that I can't think of right now... :huh:, under 4 bulb 2 ft. T5

Still deciding on what method to use for flowering. Since taking these pics I have built a bubble cloner (Thanks massproducer) and am thinking about going DWC with a bunch of recycled 5 gal. buckets for flowering.

I have one 600w HPS that I plan to put on a mover. I can fit 3 buckets deep and 7 wide. Kinda like the idea of having my plants in individual containers as opposed to multiples in one larger container for the ability to personalize each plants nutrients. I may be growing different strains every couple weeks.

Any thoughts?
Much appreciated

plants 028.jpg

plants 037.jpg

plants 017.jpg

looks like someone is getting ready for some fun. it is always nice to build/set-up a new space and watch it fill up. hope you dont mind if i :watchplant: this one. green mojo to you and the girls. happy growing.

Thanks for the mojo ta2dguy! I'll take all I can get with this project!

I just realized I prolly shoulda put this in grow room build/design section first, sorry.

Anybody have any advice/suggestions for going DWC?

I was thinking of having 18-21 5gal buckets, each with their own plant. I was thinking of having a few 4 outlet air pumps and setting up an airstone in each bucket. Sound good?

You are way under lit.

Flower room is 3.25' X 9' = 29sqft

Most grower try to have 5000 lumens / sqft.

29sqft X 5000 = 145,000 lumens.

A 400 watt mH light gives approx. 40,000 lumens leaving you 105,000 lumens short.

A 600 watt hps light gives approx. 95,000 lumens leaving you 50,000 lumens short.

A 1000 watt hps light gives approx. 145,000 lumens.

I would use two 600's on a light mover if you are needing to use a light mover.

Thanks for the numbers pcD. Much appreciated.
If I were to put 2 600's in there, what would be the point of the mover? 9' wide, couldn't I just hang them about 3ft apart and get good light coverage?

I may have come up on a great deal on a couple 1000 watters with some other misc supplies, keepin my fingers crossed!

If I were to put 2 600's in there, what would be the point of the mover? 9' wide, couldn't I just hang them about 3ft apart and get good light coverage?

This would all depend on what type of reflectors you are using,but I would try it first without a light mover.

Re-arranged things a bit and got some new babies goin.

First pic- 2 HogsBreath, 1 Trainwreck, 1 Romulan in DWC & 1 Super Silver Haze in soil. Using FoxFarm all around in this grow.
Set up under 400w MH, temps between 64-78, ~60% rh, keepin ph between 5.9-6.2 as best I can for the hydro stuff, 6.3-6.6 for the soil mediums. :hairpull:

Second pic is some cuttings I took. Bubble cloner I'm tryin out has a few Blueberry cuttings and the tray below has 3 romulan cuttings on the left and 4 more Blueberry on right.

Third pic is my lovely Blueberry mom with her new OGKush friend. Mom's under 2ft T5 and clone shelves each have their own 24w T5.:hubba: :D

Nothin left to do but :watchplant:, and :ccc:.
Peace

plants 068.jpg

plants 070-1.jpg

plants 078.jpg

PocketAces09 said:
Re-arranged things a bit and got some new babies goin.

First pic- 2 HogsBreath, 1 Trainwreck, 1 Romulan in DWC & 1 Super Silver Haze in soil. Using FoxFarm all around in this grow.
Set up under 400w MH, temps between 64-78, ~60% rh, keepin ph between 5.9-6.2 as best I can for the hydro stuff, 6.3-6.6 for the soil mediums. :hairpull:

Second pic is some cuttings I took. Bubble cloner I'm tryin out has a few Blueberry cuttings and the tray below has 3 romulan cuttings on the left and 4 more Blueberry on right.

Third pic is my lovely Blueberry mom with her new OGKush friend. Mom's under 2ft T5 and clone shelves each have their own 24w T5.:hubba: :D

Nothin left to do but :watchplant:, and :ccc:.
Peace

Your pH of 5.9-6.2 is too high for hydro. You should be keeping it around 5.8. I lke to let mine drift from about 5.5 to about 6.0. You will be locking out a bunch of nutes at that pH level with DWC.

Here is a link to pH and nutrient availability for hydro and soil: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1833&d=1141100090

Thanks for the heads up THG, I'm honored to have someone with your knowledge helpin me out! :yay: I'm heading out to adjust things now.

Couple more pics of what I think may be just that, nutrient lockout. This plant is my soil grow though and the ph has been pretty steady so far. Possibly nutrient burn?
Its a Super Silver Haze cutting, which I've heard is a real tough girl to make happy.
She's in 5gal. bucket with F.F. Ocean Forest soil. I put her in a 3" rockwool cube as soon as roots showed and put her in the pot with soil. After first watering with plain ph'd water, I started watering with F.F Grow Big about a week after transplanting, a mild blend

Think maybe I started watering w/ nutrients too soon with the nutrients already available in the soil?
Ph runoff is 6.3 so I don't think that's the problem. :hairpull:

plants 063.jpg

plants 080.jpg

Latest posts

Back