New to all this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yusuo

Reaction score
After being busted a few times going and getting smoke I've decided to grow my own for personal use.

I was looking at the lowryder #2 and I basically want to get a crop up and running asap

I did have a few questions though which i'm hoping you lovely people could help me answer.

1) I live in a tiny upstairs flat I got a grow spot all lined up but how much does this all smell, will it be noticeable to my neighbours?

2) Whats the best lighting to use, Im thinking led lights?

3) For a first time inexperienced grower how much roughly could I yield?

4) How potent is it to smoke compared to your run of the mill street stuff?

5) If i buy feminized seeds, does that mean my plants will all be female?

6) I'm pretty good at following instructions but how easy is it to grow?

7) Whats the best small scale setup that doesnt produce alot of heat?

I ask the last one because i've seen growers before who have like a wardrobe lined in aluminium tin foil with big buld floating above, I don't want a massive setup just something about a foot maybe a foot and a half high.

Thanks guys

yusuo said:
1) I live in a tiny upstairs flat I got a grow spot all lined up but how much does this all smell, will it be noticeable to my neighbors? Well if you get a carbon filter hooked up to a inline fan u should be ok.

2) Whats the best lighting to use, Im thinking led lights? Depends on the amount of space and plants. I have a Grow Tent 2x4x6 and i use a 400 watt grow light.

3) For a first time inexperienced grower how much roughly could I yield? Lol dude when your growing Auto's they all have different genes. Could be a tall bushy plant or a small midget plant. it all depends. Now if you were getting a Photoperiod plant and grew a really good plant you can get clones of her and keep them genes running.

4) How potent is it to smoke compared to your run of the mill street stuff? Home Grown is the way to GO! Nothing is better.

5) If i buy feminized seeds, does that mean my plants will all be female? Yea thats how its suppose to work, im not gonna say that its %100 because it can hermie on you but i guess it better to get a hermie and still yield sum then get a male and have absolutely nothing.

6) I'm pretty good at following instructions but how easy is it to grow? U MUST BECOME ONE WITH UR PLANT FOR IT TO GROW!.......lol j/k just read up man, there's alot of sticky's on this site that will help you out. READ!READ!READ :)

7) Whats the best small scale setup that doesnt produce alot of heat? What dimensions are u working with?

Thanks Guyz

Ur Welcome:afroweed:

Im still in the planning stage at the moment, mt grow area is rouchly 2 foot high by 3 foot long, a little cubby thats supposed to house a tv

ok, yusuo 2 feet tall is hard to work with. your best bet it to do auto's like u said if u were going to try a protoperiod plants ur gonna have to get a bigger grow area. Sativas are huge and indicas arent as much but still take up a good amount of space. So besides all that i just typed what budget are u working with? cause trust me my whole set up man cost me well over 500 bucks.

very tru puffin i overlooked that. lights and fan, ducting will take up almost all ur space. if i were u man buy a grow tent. they are awesome!

yusuo said:
After being busted a few times going and getting smoke I've decided to grow my own for personal use.

I was looking at the lowryder #2 and I basically want to get a crop up and running asap

I did have a few questions though which i'm hoping you lovely people could help me answer.

1) I live in a tiny upstairs flat I got a grow spot all lined up but how much does this all smell, will it be noticeable to my neighbours?

2) Whats the best lighting to use, Im thinking led lights?

3) For a first time inexperienced grower how much roughly could I yield?

4) How potent is it to smoke compared to your run of the mill street stuff?

5) If i buy feminized seeds, does that mean my plants will all be female?

6) I'm pretty good at following instructions but how easy is it to grow?

7) Whats the best small scale setup that doesnt produce alot of heat?

I ask the last one because i've seen growers before who have like a wardrobe lined in aluminium tin foil with big buld floating above, I don't want a massive setup just something about a foot maybe a foot and a half high.

Thanks guys

1. You are going to need ventilation. If it is set up properly, there should be no smell. You will need a decent exhaust fan and a carbon filter.

2. LEDs will work for vegging, but IMO, they are not good enough for flowering. I have never seen an LED grow that I was impressed with. You are going to want HPS for flowering.

3. There are far too many factors to even hazard a guess, however if you do not make your space taller than 1 foot or foot and a half, you will have nothing. That is simply not nearly enough height to do anything. I would not try a grow in anything shorter than 3', especially with autos that you should not stress at all.

4. IMO, autos are quite a bit less potent than photoperiod plants.

5. No.

6. Growing takes a lot of study, patience, love, dedication and a fair chunk of money to get started.

7. You are going to need ventilation regardless of the lights you use and the heat they produce. If you are exchanging your air in your space often enough, you can probably keep your space cool. Generally speaking, you want 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. I would recommend a min of 5000 lumens per sq ft for autos.

yusuo
I suggest you do a google search for green thumbs rubbermaid micro grow over at bc bud depot forum. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you see can be done in approximately the same area you have with just four 2' T5s and a fan and some ono pucks for odor control. He's on his second micro grow now, so he might be a good mentor for you.

Latest posts

Back