Sopappy's so so grows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another laugh... what the heck is this? Is this a seller that ran out of lids? who the **** would pay 100 bucks for a plastic lid?
wait a minute, I know this one, we voted for a liberal cuck pm who put the Q in LGBTQ (we think he's fidel's love child)
all us cranky old white guys are trying to put a lid on this clown, law of supply and demand I guess

View attachment lids.JPG

Im a Painter,,i have more 5gal bucket lids then i know what to do with. And they make paint made for plastic.

Im a Painter,,i have more 5gal bucket lids then i know what to do with. And they make paint made for plastic.

I remember using a plastic paint on window trim, Plastico or Plasmo or some ****, covered and wore like vinyl, could never find it again.

How would you cut a 5" hole in one?
No jig saw, I tried a razor blade, scary, cut 4 holes, the hold the net pot but sloppy. and lids are HD orange translucent stupid stupid stupid

think I can find bla.... oh , waaaaait
jesus christ, i can paint the lids.

thanks, WH

***?
I have (8 plants in) a 40L tray sitting in a 60L rez with a control bucket connected to and same level as the rez with a 1' long 1 1/2 inch tube.
When I read ppms in the control bucket, it is waaay different than ppms in the tray,
say 600 vs 200, pretty big difference. It's not ebb and flow as it keep recirculating.
The pump is in the lower res moving the water to the overflow back to the rez.
Guess i'll fetch the kodak

View attachment 100_0103.jpg

View attachment 100_0102.jpg

View attachment 100_0101.jpg

if the fluid is constantly recirculating then why would the ppm be different? that would be my first question to answer. Is it possible not all the fluid is being recirculated?

are you topping off your rez?....... ph and ppm's will vary greatly unless your resetting you water back to the same level/amount at least on daily bases.

cutting holes in plastic cheap i would say a pair of right angle cutting vinal trim snips from HD or Lowes just start the whole with a paddle bit or some thing

cutting holes in plastic cheap i would say a pair of right angle cutting vinal trim snips from HD or Lowes just start the whole with a paddle bit or some thing

cute. almost as expensive as a hole saw though but a heck of a lot more usefull, thanks for that

i just did it in a 5gal top drilling 5 holes in the circle and used tin snips

are you topping off your rez?....... ph and ppm's will vary greatly unless your resetting you water back to the same level/amount at least on daily bases.

yup, in fact, I think you were the one that got that ramp thing through my thick skull. I keep a daily log, am constantly having to lower pH (in flower and veg) They are all eating and drinking in all 4 systems, not much though, 10 - 30ppm per day. drinking is consistent, I'm topping up with pH'd water daily.

I discovered the discrepancy after a reset.. I was watching for the water to start overflowing so I could find my level in the rez and noted the pH and ppm while the lid was up ( I can lift it like hood of car)
Next day I check ppms and am dumbfounded to read 200 in that bucket when it was 600 day before, I lift the hood and it's 600 or close
You can see the hose connecting the tub and the bucket, the pump is submersed and pumps up to the upper tray constantly (with bubblers)
I'm actually measuring at either end of that hose,
it doesn't make sense, must be some weird flow going on, think I'll chuck the bucket.

try un phed water in your top off...... just the water you start with.......... I don't use ph ed water for topping off...... un ph ed water should reset the ph and never adjust any thing til after you've topped off.........how big is your rez?..... what's your watering schedule? when are you topping off?are you pumping air into reZ via air pumps?

oh yeah...... go by what the rez numbers are.

i just did it in a 5gal top drilling 5 holes in the circle and used tin snips

HA! never thought of more than that first hole! I'm still buying new snips though, mine are 30 years old. I'm using the HD orange lids with panda paper
aprons to cover the hydroton and the lid.
thanks for the tip

if the fluid is constantly recirculating then why would the ppm be different? that would be my first question to answer. Is it possible not all the fluid is being recirculated?

Yup, must be an eddy or something, some strange.
I don't need the access point to top it up, I lift the lid, and I don't need the level indication either. (I can drop a ruler into the rez from the side like a dipstick)

the bucket goes after I get a plug :),
I just thought it was curious, my 4 bucket system doesn't do that, control bucket matches buckets.

try un phed water in your top off...... just the water you start with.......... I don't use ph ed water for topping off...... un ph ed water should reset the ph and never adjust any thing til after you've topped off......

I take my clipboard and read pH in all 4 systems.
I note how much the level has dropped... 1/4 inch= 2L for example.
I now know the pH and how much top up is needed.
If the pH is off, usually too high or at peak.... say 6.3, I want to get it down so I adjust the 2L top up with 20 drops of pH down.
A crap shoot at first but I get close and will see pH of say 6.0 next day and it can ramp up again.
If I use tap water, it's can be 7.6 to 8.3 and will increase my overall pH when I want it lower so I'm confused now :)

...how big is your rez?.....
10 gallons approx
what's your watering schedule?
recirculating DWC, I reset when I've added 10 gallons of top ups
when are you topping off?
every night at 7pm after a couple vape bags
are you pumping air into reZ via air pumps?
yup, top and bottom

oh yeah...... go by what the rez numbers are.
ya, for sure, I was thrilled at first when I saw they were finally gorging themselves, sigh.

see above for answers, thanks

cut way back the air your pumping in to res........ you only want it mixed...... you don't need added oxygen in your water........ to much air pump into water messes with your ph..... it did mine.

cut way back the air your pumping in to res........ you only want it mixed...... you don't need added oxygen in your water........ to much air pump into water messes with your ph..... it did mine.

almost a live chat here, G13
I do remeber seeing that but I wanted to keep bubblers going in case the pump fails... killing them with kindness again.
I'll save a fortune on pH down, thanks.

almost a live chat here, G13
I do remeber seeing that but I wanted to keep bubblers going in case the pump fails... killing them with kindness again.
I'll save a fortune on pH down, thanks.

in fact a few of us have started to flume our water by puttin a small fountain pump in the rez on a timer to run on a timer for about 15 mins 30 mins before watering.

in fact a few of us have started to flume our water by puttin a small fountain pump in the rez on a timer to run on a timer for about 15 mins 30 mins before watering.

Yup, I'm a flumer. I drop a pump into 40L green bins full of city water when I'm preparing my nutes. I like breaking the surface, relaxing sound, sure beats that monster air pump, gawd my poor plants.

On your oxygen tip, I just read an excellent article on oxygen and am flying off the deep end again. I 'm pulling all my stones out of all 4 systems. The water is constantly moving and dropping through the overflow, that should be plenty of oxygen. (but I'm just turning the air pumps off overnight first :)

http://www.just4growers.com/stream/...truth-on-dissolved-oxygen-in-hydroponics.aspx

jeeeze, you'd think more would be better.
thanks for your help, G13

Latest posts

Back