Jack the Giant Cloner - Cloning from the top down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the Indole-3-butyric acid clones finally perked up today. You can tell they are not as happy as the 1-Naphthaleneacetamide and Thira cuttings but I'm sure they will be OK.

The 2 giant tops are doing fair. The one at 12/12 is doing better than the 18/6 but, it's only been about 10 days so we'll see where roots start showing in a few more days. I have no domes for the 2 giants so they have been barefootin' it all along.

I put another twist in motion today. I decided that I really liked how one of these Satori phenos is maturing and I decided to take a clone. At 4 weeks and 2 days [EDIT actually, it is 5 weeks and 2 days] into 12/12, this is about as late as I have ever tried to take a clone. LOL I took a little underdeveloped branch from under the canopy and put it with the other clone cuttings.

It never ceases to amaze me how hardy and vigorous cannabis really is. And, these Satori seem to be mighty cloners. My last batch rooted like I have never seen before. I guess we'll see how she does.

I'll post a couple pics tomorrow.

just saw this was for satori, duh. have 3 very nice looking satori haze F2s going right now looks to be 2 phenos. 2 looking standard issuse satty, but one has really really thin leaves and isnt stretching as much? all 3 were very quick rooters in the cloner, 3 days earlier than other cuts taken on the same day

Couple things. Just for the record, the domes stayed off last night and I had zero wilt overnight so for me.... the domes stay off from now on.

The root growth is amazing for just over 2 weeks old but the thing that is really amazing is that the Satori clipping that I took from the Satori that was 5 weeks into flower. This clone is only 8 days old and it has giant roots coming out of the side and bottom of the cup already.

These Satori are definitely mighty rooters.

3 weeks tomorrow and I felt they had enough roots to transplant. I even transplanted the flowering Satori clone, even though it's only about a week old. LOL

View attachment clones-1.jpg

I think you might be a big show off and i am jealous. Awesome Hackerman, really.. that is fast roots.

What? Everyone posts pictures of their plants. Why is it that when I do it, I am showing off?

Well, OK, maybe a little bit. LOL

Hey, it's not my fault these Satori are fast rooters. LOL

I do have a problem... more emotional than biological. What to do with the Mothers.

I just don't have room. Neither is real real healthy. I don't think they are worth the 10 weeks to flower them. I have other plans for the flowering room.

I hate to mulch plants. Even small ones. I would have to use hedge clippers to cut these down. LOL

If I were in a legal state I could make a zillion clones and give them away but I don't want to spend a couple years making license plates just because I can't mulch a Mom plant. LOL I could run an ad on Craigslist FREE CLONES. LOL

What do I do with these?

View attachment moms.jpg

Oh honey, that is so hard. Mothers never work out very well for me either.. It is so hard. I remember the first rose bush i culled. it kinda screamed when i pulled her up...i understand. I clone from clone now and don't do moms. Good luck.

hey hackerman sorry to hear about your ladies. i know the feeling started off with 16 girls at first. now iam down to 9

4 weeks and a couple days for the skunk.

Poor little Satori still going through re-veg. She rooted nicely for a flowering clone.

i find they root a lil easier as supercrop cuttings(from a flowering plant)

Really? I wonder what the chemistry is, behind that.

Really? I wonder what the chemistry is, behind that.

NPK for bloom is better for rooting

oh and to all that say you have to baby a reveg, low nutes and crap like that, to you i say phooey, i chop em, dump bat guano on them and toss under 24 hour light and water as usual. have my reveg times way down.

Well, the Satori reveg is coming along nicely. I was going to trim it but since it's just a mother, I figure the more branches, the better.

I added a couple more oddities to the tent.

I tried leaf cloning. Not sure if pot will do the or not. I often leaf clone my African Violets and my aloe and it works pretty well. Albeit, the Aloe is leaf cloned without petiole and the violets (and this pot plant) were done leaf with petiole. It's been a few days since these pics and the leaf is rotting nicely but so far, no sign of new growth at the base of the petiole. The leaf is a single leaf from the re-vegging Satori. The Petiole was about 3" long.

The sideways plant is awesome. In less than 12 hours, the branches were almost all pointing straight up. Pot sure seems to be phototropic to the extreme. I'll post an updated pic so you can see. It sure makes watering and maintaining the soil nice and easy. LOL Not a great usage of space.

The little girl is a CH9 Seeds Blue Lemon Thai. She's the only normal one in the tent right now. LOL

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more thing..... I have fungus gnats. :(

View attachment tent-1.jpg

View attachment tent-3.jpg

View attachment tent-4.jpg

View attachment tent-2.jpg

View attachment tent-6.jpg

View attachment tent-7.jpg

View attachment tent-8.jpg

View attachment tent-5.jpg

View attachment tent-9.jpg

I hate those gnats. A layer of DE on top of the dirt will help a lot. so would watering from the bottom. I have them too. I don't understand how the gnats live in the soil when it is dry in the bag..how does that happen? Is that a hoya leaf? WT heck is with the sideways plant? how did you do that?

I hate those gnats. A layer of DE on top of the dirt will help a lot. so would watering from the bottom. I have them too. I don't understand how the gnats live in the soil when it is dry in the bag..how does that happen? Is that a hoya leaf? WT heck is with the sideways plant? how did you do that?

I bought some DE, Wow, don't forget to turn the oscillating fan off before you take a big scoop of this out of the bag. LMAO... the fan hit this stuff and filled my room with a white cloud. LOL

I am trying the DE. I also bought some Mosquito Bits that I'll try next (if I have to).

The leaf is a single leaf from the re-vegging Satori plant. I don't expect a lot from that. LOL

The sideways plant is just playing around, I had 4 clones left over that wouldn't fit in my flowering room. I gave 2 to a friend and didn't know what to do with the last 2. So, I planted one sideways and left the other vertical. Just for S&G, I guess. Looks like the sideways plant is greening up better than the vertical plant. And, maintenance is really sweet. If this method wasn't a space hog, I would try an entire grow like this. :)

It all boils down to me having some extra room in the tent for now. I was re-vegging the Satori as a mother for my next crop and I just hated to see her sit there all alone. So, I popped that CH9 Blue Lemon Thai and kept the last 2 Sleestack clones. Unfortunately, I doubt anything in this tent will ever see the flower room. :( Clones of all of them, yes. Mothers.... :(

View attachment tent-1.jpg

View attachment tent-2.jpg

View attachment tent-3.jpg

View attachment tent-4.jpg

I think you have found a new way to grow sideways. LOL... I can see your next horizontal grow!! That would be very funny. I think your on to something... love it Hackerman.

These sideways plants turned out kind of cool. I really don't have room for them in the flower room so I may have to mulch these but I hate to see 2 healthy plants go to mulch.

I must admit, trimming and caring for the dirt sure is easy this way.

View attachment sideways.jpg

them nuggies look good from my seat Hacker... :48: easiest way to rid yourself of the gnats is mosquito bits... not the dunks...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001AUF8G/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 you need to put the bits into water for 24-48 hours then ph & water all pots... the bits will not completely dissolve and were no issue when left on top of my soil... I continued to just water with the bits in the soil and gnats were gone quick...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back