Sleeping meds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2RedEyes

Reaction score
What is your favorite lights out, night, night strain? My wife will get that buzz and body relaxing high but still can’t sleep. We need something fast acting to hit right at bedtime. We’ve tried a few indices but she still gets wound up in the head and can’t sleep. Or maybe a different intake method. She finally figured out what works in the daytime for pain.

Hash... Doesn't seem to matter which strain it's made from. For me bubble hash = sleepy time. LOL

Blue Dream and Granddaddy Purple work well for inducing sleep for me. Also any weed originally with THC that is old will have more CBN, as THC breaks down into CBN about 10% a year on average? CBN has been shown to be as effective as some Rx sleeping pills. I keep some year+ old well cured weed around for that reason. Hashish also works well.

I’m growing some blue dream cbd now, hopefully it will be something like that. I kinda like the idea of checking some hash though too.

Blue Dream is a sativa dominant strain, so someone who has trouble sleeping when using indicas will probably not find it conducive to sleep.

I find Buck-eye purple a very good nighttime smoke. And as a little bonus, the buds are a beautiful purple color. When choosing indicas, try indicas that are 100% (or close), rather than hybrids that can vary quite a bit.

Also have you tried edibles? I made some gummy bear with Shark Shock CBD, an Indica CBD that also work well to get me to sleep.

Like Hackerman, I find hash also does a pretty good job.

Blue Dream is a sativa dominant strain, so someone who has trouble sleeping when using indicas will probably not find it conducive to sleep.

Not so. Blue Dream WILL put you to sleep. Mine will anyway. I grew a cut from Santa Cruz, the real deal. Do not get hung up on strains being sativa or indica dominant and reliably having any consistent traits one way or the other. Cannabis genetics are very fickle, especially highly crossed strains like Blue Dream. There is is a lot of indica in Blue Dream and it was (supposedly) bread to induce couch lock. From StrainBrain:

Blue dream is a hybrid marijuana strain that is a cross between the lineage of Blueberry and Haze, and was primarily bred to provide the intense, couch-locking body high of an Indica strain, yet the immense cerebral effects of a Sativa.

And as I said, older weed, regardless of strain, will have more CBN as the THC breaks down over time, and CBN is a very powerful sedative, in sativa, indica or hybrid.

Latest posts

Back