Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: The White x The White-bombbudpuffa!, Hippy Slayer - Kraven
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Forums > Introduce Yourself
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #1
Amaryt

Amaryt
Default Outdoor grow with 20% horse manure

Good morning. I have been growing outdoors in store bought potting soil for five years now, but this year I was short on funds. I got some advice from other growers I know and online and I bought a truckload of local dirt that I amended. I amended with soil conditioner (a brown mixture that included bark and broke up the heavy soil pretty well), perlite, peat moss and horse manure. I transplanted from Roots Organic soil into this mixture. They are doing really well with no shock. I only used about 20% manure though. My question is when should I stay fertilizing again?
Amaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:31 AM   #2
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

Welcome Amaryt,

I hope your horse manure was well rotted. That is a tricky question about when to feed. You seem to be organic. What are you using for fertilizer? I am glad you have the perlite as your soil sounds kinda heavy. How long ago did you put the plants in this new soil? You could use teas weekly, with some well-rotted manure and a tsp of molasses and aerate or bubble the teas. We have a good organics section. I am happy they look good. Ask lots of questions and we will help. pictures are awesome too.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
Amaryt

Amaryt
Default 20% horse manure

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to be organic, and I'm on a tight budget this year. The manure I used was at least a year and a half old, maybe two years. It was well shredded. I also used peat moss and soil conditioner from the local nursery. It is actually draining very well. Just wondering about the nutrient levels, because I've seen much stronger manure mixtures recommended, but that was all I had. The mix came out about 20% manure. I transplanted on Monday, 7/3. They are in their new soil almost a week and have each grown a couple of inches with plain water. Bright green shoots everywhere. I will try to post some pics but I'm having technical difficulties with that. So I wonder when will I need to add fertilizer?
Old 07-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #4
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

Do you know what kind of fertilizer you will be using?

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:36 AM   #5
Amaryt

Amaryt

Yes. General Organics hydroponics mix. I just mix it up and feed them in their water.

Tags
fertilize, horse manure, outdoor, soil