pest control natural and organic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realdream

Reaction score
I have a concern that what I am going to share will be looked at as a product I am selling. I am not a company and it is not a product . It is only a solution that we have worked on to try to solve the pest problem in our own systems. It works and I would like to share the story with you and get your feed back.

We ran into all the typical pests that everyone does. We then set out to stop them organically. We have done it. I just want to let you know it can be done and not to give up the effort.

We grow in deep water culture and have worked with soil mediums. With adding this solution to the water tanks and foliar spraying two times a week, healthy plants stay healthy and no more problems. With more spraying sick plants get well.

We are using manure cultured with microbes, plant extracts and minerals only.
It took two years to make this happen. Now we just add water, and small amounts of this solution, trim and watch the grass grow.

We are new to growing MJ and new to deep water culture and it has been hard to get it right. Now it is just fun and I am now helping a friend with his grow to see if it works in a different environment. So far so good.

Is this uncommon? Have I done something new? As a newbie I have no idea if this is special or not.

If there is an interest in what we have done I will try to share what we did.

Thanks for any input.

how is it working to combat thrip, spider mite, powdery mildew, bud rot, gophers, or just plain old deer eating your plants

Thanks for the replies. It was because of those pesky deer that we started to grow indoors with deep water culture. That is when we had problems with algy, spyder mite, aphids, PM, and all the usual pests. The water is never chaged out, we just add more as is needed by the plants. I helped a friend out with spyder mite and he uses coco mat and peat. The only time we have problems now is when I get lazy and forget to spray the plants twice a week. I just found out that I need to spray this often because the rooms has pest eggs in them so it will take time until all hatch and die. They can come in on us too.

I almost gave up growing and now it is just fun.

Now we are working on how to make bigger fuller buds organically.

Can anyone tell me if this has been done before? I am new to this and only know one other grower. He thinks it is special but he has very few people that he knows that grow so we are limited for opinions.

Thanks agian.

Not special. Called organic gardening.

When i hear organic pesticide i usually think sulfur, spinosad potassium soap, or even good predators. Heard of tobacco diy, and what else... Is there like a typical recipe to begin with that anyone can share?

Good replies.

I guess I don't know that much about what other people can do to control pests organically.
I just assumed that since there are so many people with pest problems always asking how to get rid of them that there are not too many solutions to fix the problem. I looked online for a product to do this and never found one that can provide nutrient, NPK, eliminate water change out, and pest control. I did find if I bought 3 or 4 products it helped alot. There is some good stuff and info out there and without it I would have given up growing.

I thank everyone that shared info to help me to solve this problem.

Can you tell me what products you are talking about because it will help me to make mine better.

Thanks

I use SNS (Sierra natural science) and like them, but they cost too much to use outdoors, i only use them inside. Spinosad is a great organic thrip killer. I use green cure, i think, something for PM.. It's ingredient is Potassium bicarbonate–works well with other pest management techniques. Beneficials Bugs are good at knocking down some pests..

Good replies.

I guess I don't know that much about what other people can do to control pests organically.
I just assumed that since there are so many people with pest problems always asking how to get rid of them that there are not too many solutions to fix the problem. I looked online for a product to do this and never found one that can provide nutrient, NPK, eliminate water change out, and pest control. I did find if I bought 3 or 4 products it helped alot. There is some good stuff and info out there and without it I would have given up growing.

I thank everyone that shared info to help me to solve this problem.

Can you tell me what products you are talking about because it will help me to make mine better.

Thanks

there is no 1 size fits all magic pill to control pests in my world and remedies are pest specific---you might check out "sick plants and problems" listed right here on this forum

Thanks for the good replies.

I guess I just got lucky. Since I was ignorant to the common belief that "it can't be done" I just kept pushing until I got it. Sometimes ignorance can lead to luck.

I have some really good news, I think. I work on fast cars as a hobby and just did some work for a friend who is a double PhD chemist, who has worked in the organic field. He stated that this solution has an enzymatic formula that contains most of the nutrients needed and aromatics from other plants that repel pests. He even mentioned something about an EPA 25b list which he said meant that my ingredients are all approved. My head is so full of new information and I have a lot to learn. I think I'm going to do some free work on his car in trade for teaching me what all this means. When and if I figure it out, I will share what he is teaching me.

I have had no pests for two years just using this solution only. Well, unless I get lazy and forget to spray the plants twice a week. The only problem I'm having with the solution is it must be missing some nutrient because the buds aren't dense enough. It may be the lighting or it might be the nutrient. I will find out.

The buds smoke nice and they work well in chocolate. I just made a chocolate formula for my wife for her sleep problems and I learned how to decarb the buds to make this work. I'm having fun.

This site is cool. Good support and no drama. Very rare these days.

Thanks.

The SNS uses clove and rosemary oil. Copper sulfate is an organic mixture used in apple farming where I live... I love that other plants can helps us..

SNS sounds interesting. One of the plant extracts I use is Rosemary. It is a great plant. I grow my own and make an extract from it. Low temp steam vacuum distillation.

Copper sulfate is a moss and algae killer and works great. I would be concerned about using it on the plant but in the soil/water it should be good. It may be good on the plant if not used too close to harvest. The word organic can be misleading.
Not all organic compounds are good for us. I had not thought of that until now. So I will change how I describe mine. All organic and all ingredients are safe and healthy for the plant and us.

I am just about ready to change to shorter light cycle for bud. Now I will try to see if I can improve the nutrient for better dense buds.

Any ideas for this organically and healthy for us and the plants?

I think I may also double up my uv full spectrum arc light to see what happens.

Good group here.

Thanks

If you're going to flip to flower I would find a bat guano that is high in the P and K. There are different kinds so check that it is high in those and not just N. I just top dress with that. Have you ever thought of making a red worm bin for worm castings?

Rosebud

You have some good input and it is helping.

If I was growing in soil I would try your idea about top dressing but I am deep water systems so I will try converting the guano with microbes and add it to the solution. It takes about 10 days to convert so the timing should be good.

I have a high P K now and have the N low. I do have a high grade potash and lots of phosphorous and I add other minerals for support. I am not sure if it is the lighting. More intense???? This is why I will try adding another arc full spectrum/uv light and see what happens.

I can change my formula to reduce N so maybe I should up all other nutrients to see if that helps. Maybe they are hungry.

I should know when I get closer to harvest.

Worm castings would be very good to run through my microbe process. I may try this when I have time for a new hobby/project. I could buy some organic worm castings and try it sooner.

So far this crop has been faultless. No pests and no water change outs.
A no hassle grow. Just fun.

Thanks

Plants need N all thru their growth.. just not as much in flower as in veg, but they still need some. I forgot you were in dwc. Take some pic's for us if you want.

so when are you going to pull back the curtain and tell us what the make up is in the all in one organic pesticide :48:

I thought I already told ya??

I have in it these things.

Manure processed with microbes.
Potash converted with 2 acids.
Plant extracts. Menthols extracted with steam vac distillation.
Organic minerals.

The ingredients are basic but getting them to mix and work well for the plant is tricky. The hard part was to keep the plant oil extract from coating the plant with an oily layer and yet make it kill the pests. I am not this smart so I can not give you why it worked. I just kept trying different ways until it did. There are about 5 steps to make this and I really did get lucky.

I was once told it was smarter to be lucky that it was lucky to be smart.

i.e., dumb luck.

I also need to thank people like all of you because I got most of the ideas from you. I just found a way to put some of the best ideas together and it worked.

Thanks to all of you.

Maybe I'm missing something but if you spray your plants twice a week during flowering, you're going to have bud rot to beat the band.

Latest posts

Back