Hydrofarm Ebb & Flow ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DGF; I know you use the 18g totes, what if I want to use the 10g totes to try to squeeze one more in the tent?

I can fit 3 with 18g ones, more than likely 4 with the 10g ones.

Thoughts?

Oh sure, you can do 10gal. Only thing is less nutrient solution to work with, but 10gal is still perfectly fine :aok:

If you are in a 2 x 4 tent like you mentioned, even 10 gal totes are quite large...how big are they that you can get 4 in your space? Mine are 21 x 16 and I would only get 3 in my 2 x 4 space. Squeezing one more plant into a smaller space does not usually give you more bud. Overcrowded plants do produce less than spaces where the plants are not 'squeezed" in. I am thinking that 4 plants in that space start to finish are going to be overcrowded unless you are growing a smaller indica strain.

if you are starting from seeds and will flower them in there, then 4 plants would be overcrowded imo. i am able to do 6-7 small clones in that space but as THG mentioned, this doesn't give more bud, i just do it occasionally when my timing is off and i have to begin flowering. otherwise, it is better and easier to grow fewer bigger plants.

If you are in a 2 x 4 tent like you mentioned, even 10 gal totes are quite large...how big are they that you can get 4 in your space? Mine are 21 x 16 and I would only get 3 in my 2 x 4 space. Squeezing one more plant into a smaller space does not usually give you more bud. Overcrowded plants do produce less than spaces where the plants are not 'squeezed" in. I am thinking that 4 plants in that space start to finish are going to be overcrowded unless you are growing a smaller indica strain.

if you are starting from seeds and will flower them in there, then 4 plants would be overcrowded imo. i am able to do 6-7 small clones in that space but as THG mentioned, this doesn't give more bud, i just do it occasionally when my timing is off and i have to begin flowering. otherwise, it is better and easier to grow fewer bigger plants.

That 2 x 4 mentioned is now a vegging area. I have got a new 3 x 5 x 7 tent for flower which is what I am putting those 10g totes in.

And yeah that kit was a waist of money for what I am doing.

Funny, I now have a 4x4x80" tent to use......probably gonna ditch the 2x4x5 and use the 3x5x7 for veg now.....maybe use the 2x4 for cloning, etc

Latest posts

Back