Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think i waste my time searching the start post when the thread is named 'Tent growers club' that a NO for your information.
11-12 hours daily man you sure work hard, lol i much prefer to just walk my dog and do the occasional bit of offroad cycling and growing cannabis FYI for profit only as i am not like you lot here that being a pot smoking bunch of hippies.
**** THIS WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER I AM NOT A DRUG RETARDED MONG WHO NEEDS DRUGS TO HELP ME THOUGH MY DAY.
SO **** YOU ALL EXCEPT MULTI MY PAL.
IM THE WORDS OF A FRIEND 'DO ONE'
Last post on this or any other drug related reraded site.
Mrnice

Chill out bro, Hammy is a good guy. The Mods are always busy, and don't live here to "run to our beckon call".

If this site doesn't suit your needs, just move on...best wishes.

That crap is out of line, name calling is bad enough...dragging the wife into the conversation, is good cause for an azz kicking.

It's all good my friend. He has been banned. We don't need trash like that here at MP.

HI Hammy,
I was wondering I already have my light set up which is a Apollo Horticulture GLK600GW19 600 Watt Grow Light Digital Dimmable HPS MH System for Plants Gull Wing Hood Set up here's the link [ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004L3AQ1U/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=VGLXUPUHFW5A&coliid=I3Q0FIVXKZOL40&psc=1[/ame] I went this way instead of the cool tube set because I heard the cool tube is not all that great that it creates hotspots and stuff. My question thought I have not ordered my tent yet so would it be better to go with the 3x3x6 tent instead of the 4x4x6.5 tent because of my light set up or will it make any difference? I seen you said you had to run 1000 watt set u in the 4x4x6.5 so I am wondering if I should get the 3x3x6 instead because at the moment I don't have the funds for another light and want to get the best yield I can get with the light I already have so would the size difference even matter??

HI Hammy,
I was wondering I already have my light set up which is a Apollo Horticulture GLK600GW19 600 Watt Grow Light Digital Dimmable HPS MH System for Plants Gull Wing Hood Set up here's the link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004L3AQ1U/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 I went this way instead of the cool tube set because I heard the cool tube is not all that great that it creates hotspots and stuff. My question thought I have not ordered my tent yet so would it be better to go with the 3x3x6 tent instead of the 4x4x6.5 tent because of my light set up or will it make any difference? I seen you said you had to run 1000 watt set u in the 4x4x6.5 so I am wondering if I should get the 3x3x6 instead because at the moment I don't have the funds for another light and want to get the best yield I can get with the light I already have so would the size difference even matter??

While 600 Watts of HPS does technically make the 5000 lumens a square foot minimum, I found it to not be adequate enough in a 4x4 tent. That being said I think not have an air cooled hood of some sort could be a problem. Especially in a smaller tent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ham,
Time to rethink again lol I guess that's the part of growing's trial and error. I guess I will just go with the 3x3 tent and just buy me an air cooled hood to use with my light. Would this be a good hood to use with my 3x3 [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-GLK600CTAC-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B005EW026Q/ref=pd_sbs_lg_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1JZ6CVC09XY8QPQX4Y3S[/ame]

That does not look like a bad Cool Tube. I like that reflector a hell of a lot better than the one on my Cool Tube.

Lol ok thanks so then I am good to go and start making my purchases. Its time to start getting everything together so I can get on my way and start my tent growing. One more question anyone know of a good Ph tester maybe on amazon or somewhere else I want a good one not a cheaply made one something that is on point I read in the forums some people have bad luck with ph kits and tester so I want to a good one that is proven to work.

Well I haven't been on much this past week, I've been watching my seedlings grow.

Most know this is my first grow ever and I feel like I've learned quite a bit already. Comparing the size and look of my seedlings with other's that are about a week old I'd say all is good.

I was concerned for the first 3 days about the the temp and humidity inside the tent, but a few adjustments with the vents and finding the right fan speed things are pretty stable. I'm averaging 81.5 deg F and 33.5% RH, I'd like to see my humidity around 40% but I'm hoping once I transplant into my 5 gallon smart pots it will introduce more moisture into the tent, time will tell.

OK so today I was finally able to test the TopLed 192 x 3 watt grow light for output. With the light 27" above the seedlings I'm getting 13,060 lm and 6304K. Now I'm a total newb so I'm not going to pretend to claim I really understand what all that means but I believe 6300K is a good number to veg and I've read somewhere 7000-10000 lm's are optimal. If I'm off base let me know.

Now somebody help me here, about how many day's or week's in should I transplant my seedlings from their solo cups into their 5 gal smart pots?

Thanks!

I wouldn't be in a hurry to transplant. It is easier to go into one gallon bags until the plant is sexed and then put in the 5 gallon pots. It can be done, but you waste some soil and you will need to be careful to water the whole pot, not just the center. I can't remember if you got feminized seeds or not. I think the seedlings are in the solo cups for a couple of weeks at my house sometimes lots longer.

I haven't started seedlings under led, so i am afraid i can't help you with the amount of light. You should be set with the light you have though.

You poked holes in the solo cups? I bet you did. Water till it runs out the bottom into a saucer? I bet you did that too.

Your temps are ok, but I wouldn't get it lots hotter then that. (she, who fried her led grow says)
The fun is starting October. You are going to do great.

That does not look like a bad Cool Tube. I like that reflector a hell of a lot better than the one on my Cool Tube.

Alright Hammy,
LOL I know that you probably feel like :hitchair: and that I am kind of a big bug but I just got a opportunity today to make some extra cash within the next week and possible pick up a 1000 watt light along with my original tent. What I was wondering is if I got the 4x4x6.5 could I use a gull wing or vertical umbrella 1000 watt lighting system in this tent or would it be better to go with a cool hood? Also bout how many plants could I fit in a 4x4x6.5 tent? I am kind of curious about how many I could fit in it.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to transplant. It is easier to go into one gallon bags until the plant is sexed and then put in the 5 gallon pots. It can be done, but you waste some soil and you will need to be careful to water the whole pot, not just the center. I can't remember if you got feminized seeds or not. I think the seedlings are in the solo cups for a couple of weeks at my house sometimes lots longer.

I haven't started seedlings under led, so i am afraid i can't help you with the amount of light. You should be set with the light you have though.

You poked holes in the solo cups? I bet you did. Water till it runs out the bottom into a saucer? I bet you did that too.

Your temps are ok, but I wouldn't get it lots hotter then that. (she, who fried her led grow says)
The fun is starting October. You are going to do great.

Yeah I have three seedlings, 2 feminized Kush Bomb's and one seed of unknown genetics or gender, I suspect it is an Indica dominate strain. I'll be keeping a close eye on that one, first signs it's a male I'll remove it.

Yes, I poked a few small holes in my solo cups, my first time watering these I did water until I had water running out the holes, but since then just a light watering to keep the soil semi damp. To be honest I don't know if I'm over or under watering them. I read that it was better to keep them a little dry rather than too damp. I was actually thinking of giving them a heavy watering this afternoon. The Fox Farm Light Warrior seems like it sheds water pretty good.

Anyway, I normally open the tent twice a day to check the seedlings, soil and temp and humidity. I keep a journal entry every time so I can build on my success's and failures. I'm looking forward to see how these play out.

Thanks for the advice!

October, i had such a hard time getting my Light Warrior wet enough to put clones in last week, i finally just turned the garden hose on full blast in the bag. Took me forever to get it wet. Sorry, just a quick rant. Anyway, please put some little plates or plastic saucers under your solo cups and water till it runs out the bottom...if there is still water in the saucers in a hour you can dump it, but my bet it will soak back up. Then wait till dry to water again. You will get the hang of it by how heavy your bags (cups) are. and if in doubt whether to water again, stick you finger in an inch or so and feel the soil. Marijuana likes a wet/dry cycle.
Your going to nail your first grow, i just know.

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my three seedlings. These were taken yesterday evening. I planted the two Kush Bombs seeds on October 1st. One sprouted on day 5 and the other day 6. So would you consider these seedlings 10 days old or 15? Ridiculous question I know. The other seedling, the odd looking one was planted a week before the others, I was almost ready to send it to the compost bin until I saw it sprouted. I have no idea of it's genetics so I'm just going to keep an eye on it. Let me know if they look like they are stretching, don't think so but this is my first go-round. Thanks.....

View attachment 20141015_140311.jpg

View attachment 20141014_072623.jpg

Trying to join this social group as it was my reason for joining this site. I've got a 25sqft tent with 2 Gavita LEP 300 for veg. For flowering I am throwing a 600 Gavita Pro (e) in between the Plasmas. Fans and lights will be ran with a Gavita EL1 controller/timer. Using an elevated 3x3 F&D tray as a saucer. Will be hand watering soil. I will show off my tent as soon as I get it setup.

Almost forgot to pick a member number. #635 if it's available.

Trying to join this social group as it was my reason for joining this site. I've got a 25sqft tent with 2 Gavita LEP 300 for veg. For flowering I am throwing a 600 Gavita Pro (e) in between the Plasmas. Fans and lights will be ran with a Gavita EL1 controller/timer. Using an elevated 3x3 F&D tray as a saucer. Will be hand watering soil. I will show off my tent as soon as I get it setup.

Almost forgot to pick a member number. #635 if it's available.

Welcome aboard....

Latest posts

Back