Camera Flash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Taking pictures with the flash on, will it cause any problems to the plant.?

I thought I better get busy and try to get some Good pix of the trichome while my Plant is getting close to harvest..:rolleyes:

IDK Flyinghigh, but thats a good question and i would like to know the answer as well.

If you play around with your camera white balance settings, you may be able to take good pics with your hps on (no flash) and not get that orange washed out look.

Hey, Art, I think they're wondering will it affect the plants.

IMO, no. They might see little white spots for a few minutes but then they'll go back to sleep and be just fine.;)

What kinda camera do you have that can shoot trichs?

or take pics of your plants with flash off during lighting hours. you could

temporarily blind your plants, lol, I don't know.

PencilHead said:
;)

What kinda camera do you have that can shoot trichs?

Kodak Easyshare Z1285... Getting the right picture seems to be hard as all the trich seems to be a white blurr spot..

Nvthis has a thread started in the MJ pics section, where there is a discussion on shooting our favorite plant. I think you need a tripod to get a good trich pic, or at least have your camera sitting on something, if I remember right. Also I tried doing some with mine, and it was really hard to get a good close up not understanding my shutter speeds and stuff.

legalize_freedom said:
and it was really hard to get a good close up not understanding my shutter speeds and stuff.

:holysheep: Did you hit that on the spot.!!
When I thought I had my camera figured out :holysheep: was I Way off.!!
Batts can be a issue.
Time can be a issue do to lights go off at 7;30 am and come on at 7;30 pm and running back and fourth from the shed to take pix and run back into the house and download and check to find Some Blurr..

Tripod i am going to set it up along with timer..

Got one word for you guys: Eyeclops. 100X, 200X, 400X with a memory stick.

It's a kid's toy so even I can work it. I got mine on EBAy for around $30.

Plus, it's a lot easier to shoot tight shots with the leaf off the plant. All the wind from the fans and the nerves and the rummie DT shakes...

PencilHead said:
Got one word for you guys: Eyeclops. 100X, 200X, 400X with a memory stick.

It's a kid's toy so even I can work it. I got mine on EBAy for around $30.

Plus, it's a lot easier to shoot tight shots with the leaf off the plant. All the wind from the fans and the nerves and the rummie DT shakes...

I think I paid 35 on Amazon for my eyeclops. Lets see camera, ringflash and lens about $750. Oh and then you need to learn to take pix.

I shoot with flash all the time and have had 0 effects on my plants. I even shoot with a high power flash sometimes. Check my latest pics in my journal to see how I use flash. Another thing you may want to do is 'diffuse' the flash some how, I bounce mine off the wall behind, or the ceiling, or you can just try using a rolling paper to 'mute' the flash. This will give you a more 'natural' look...

Hey guys here is what I was told to do and it works depending on what type of camera you have.

I have 8 megpix didgital camera ans I take my 30power jewelers loupe and hold it up to camera lenz. looking at the back screen viewer move in and out until you get it as focused as possible then when i take my shot the camera does its final tuning and bam sexy tric pics. Then download open with paint resize and there you go!!!

Cheers!!!

The flash of the camera cant hurt anymore than lightening does outside,

but if you turn off your light and take pics then turn it back on you have essentially taken the pic during lights on hours and that cant hurt.

It's a mere microsecond worth of light. I doubt it would hurt anything. Just don't accidentally point it at yourself and fire. You'll see spots for hours, he he

Flyinghigh said:
Getting the right picture seems to be hard as all the trich seems to be a white blurr spot..

Using a Tripod will take care of that problem. I see them at Wal-Mart for $15 (ish) all the time...

Latest posts

Back