A step by step guide to posting photos!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nova564t

I am my own caregiver
Reaction score
I went and got this from a sticky and added the other instuctions so its all in the same place!!

How to resize and post pictures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) Click mannage attachments

(2) Click browse

(3) Locate your picture and right click it

(4) Stroll down to open with then click on paint

(5) Up at the top you will see something that says Image click on that

(6) Stroll down and click Stretch/Skew

(7) Change the numbers in the boxes from 100 to 25 then click ok

(8) Close the screen down by clicking the red x in the top right corner. Once this is done you click yes to save picture.

(9) Double click on the photo

(10) When your finisned adding pics, upload photos.

You can also go back and edit old posts to show photos

Oh you guys have made my day. i'm gonna stay on it and keep this thread in the top of the new posts. we need everyone to read it..

Think Hick has more work to do. It make a sticky time again

get to work Hick. lol jk but for real get to work

:bump: back on top slowmo:ciao: I think Hicks playN hookie

Another thing that may be worth posting: The spell check in your toolbar works on this site now, before you had to download it from the server.

nova564t said:
Another thing that may be worth posting: The spell check in your toolbar works on this site now, before you had to download it from the server.

is that why my spelling is corrected...lol...

Happy Smokeing everyone

:bong:

The browse boxes are the ones that open your picture files, b4 you double click on the photo you want to download, put the cursuer over it and it will tell you the size of the photo, if its bigger than 1200x1200 you have to resize it. Are you able to get this far? If so go from step 3 to reduce the size. I think this is where your having the problem, your trying to upload photos that are too big.

The resizing is a pain for me too...but I bet I'm going at it the hard way..

Do you have windows? If so, go to your photo gallery, then click on the picture..on the far right you'll see 'open' with a down arrow. Click on 'paint'. Then when the window with the pic pops up, click on 'image'. Then you'll see an option to resize. That's where it gets tricky for me..I don't know how far I need to shrink it..lol. Then click 'file' and 'save as' and give the pic a new name.

Surely there has to be an easier way...but that's what I do...then take headache meds after..:p

Right click scroll down to open with scroll down to paint, that will open the photo in full size, go to the top of the page and click on image scroll down to stretch/skew and click that then a box will open with 2 numbers that say 100% change those #s so that the photo will be smaller, 25% is a good number that will make it small enough. Now when you X out of that screen it will ask you if you want to save changes click on yes then try to upload that photo, give it a shot and get back to me!!!

Smokinmom said:
The resizing is a pain for me too...but I bet I'm going at it the hard way..

Do you have windows? If so, go to your photo gallery, then click on the picture..on the far right you'll see 'open' with a down arrow. Click on 'paint'. Then when the window with the pic pops up, click on 'image'. Then you'll see an option to resize. That's where it gets tricky for me..I don't know how far I need to shrink it..lol. Then click 'file' and 'save as' and give the pic a new name.

Surely there has to be an easier way...but that's what I do...then take headache meds after..:p
25% usually does it. but if you notice the size b4 you get to paint you can do the math to get it under 1200x1200

When you click on the manage attachments there is a list of different format types for your pictures, the sizes need to be within those limits set there or the site wont accept it.

Most programs when you resize will let you do it in pixels as well like paint on windows 7. I find reducing them to about 500 width allows 2 pics side by side in the forum on most peoples computers (depends what size screen they have)

Hope this helps.

Honestly, it was way easier for me to just change the picture size default setting on my camera instead of having to resize every photo in a program. Most digital cameras have the option now. Typical setting are 1600x1200, 1024x768, 640x480, and "postcard". The 640x480 setting works perfectly for me. Not having to resize every photo you take makes it so much easier.
I would take my camera and take some pictures with a few different size settings and then see which sizes upload without being over-limit. Then use that size as the default for taking pictures.
...Of course if you do not have this option with your camera I apologize for wasting your time.

Latest posts

Back