co2 production advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am seeking advice on the co2 buckets. These are the buckets that have ingerdiants that produce co2. you do the same thing as far as stringing tubes above the plants ect. I have never bought any or done much research. Has anybody used these buckets? If i decide to use the cylinders is there much risk in fire ect. Im paranoid and only want the best yields possible. im in washington state and my previous yields have been bought up by dispensaries. i have noticed the people who run this forum are extreme experts more than i could ever be. I have a 15 foot long 8 feet wide room. I need to add co2 and would like someone to recommend what to do. Just adise i know waht you advise isnt always going to be the best but would love to have a bit of advice on how to use c02 the safest way. No matter what the cost. Fuzzy logic? I think thats what they call it. So please any advice on co2 and how to best apply it and if those co2 buckets work. This is the best place i have ever come to for expert advice. I appreciate any advice anybody can give. I need to produce double what im doing now. Dispensaries love what i have done i would just love to give them something better. much love!!

every review i've read says they just dont produce enough co2. not to say that they dont work, but you need to run many many buckets at the same time just to reach a substantial increase in c02 levels. not worth it IMO.

this is my take on c02. its expensive, plain and simple. if your not willing to spend a good chunk of change on the investment, then its not even worth it to bother. you can produce amazing mj without it.

Anybody know how to best rid of these bastards!! Im curreb=ntly useing avamax (i think thats how you spell it) and also neme oil. any other suggestions?

Malignedone said:
are we talking micillial(sp) mass? i was curious about those myself. tho i didnt find any in buckets just bags. they claim they will put out 1500ppm for 6 months. i have a hard time believing that. maybe if there was no air movement but if you have what most do for venting i cant see that working. isnt it a co2 producing fungus? fungus and plants usually not a good mix. have to do some reading i guess.

LOL--a 20# CO2 bottle will only supply a smaller room for 3-4 weeks. I do not see how a small bucket could possible last for 6 months or how the CO2 dispersal could be controlled to 1500 ppm, as ppms are dependent on room size. The link you posted has great info on using CO2.

jaxpassionplace said:
Anybody know how to best rid of these bastards!! Im curreb=ntly useing avamax (i think thats how you spell it) and also neme oil. any other suggestions?

Jaxpassionplace, you will probably get a bette3r response if you start yur own thread, however, since I am here...The only pesticides that I have found to work are Forbid and Floramite. I believe that Forbid is a bit more effective for me. I alternate treatments. I have not used Avid. I found Neem oil to be useless and it leaves a nasty taste if used in flowering. As these are quite expensive and some are controlled, I find the best place to buy small quantities is E-Bay. Be sure and check the seller's reputation before buying from anyone on E-Bay.

When you get your spray, the way you spray is almost as important as the spray itself. I line my pots w/ a piece of paper. Lay the pot on it side and spray the underneath of the plant..EVERY BIT. Then roll the pot and keep going. Then turn the pot right side up and spray again. Follow directions and repeat when it says too. Good luck. That is why we call it the borg. It is possible to get rid of but it isn't easy.

I have used the CO2 Boost buckets. They will last about 3months and will produce about 100ppm of co2 a day. They are not worth the cost of them if they were half the price. If you have a small closet grow, they might help a little but I wouldn't use them for that even.

If you want to use CO2 injection then so some reading and buy the bottles of CO2 OR look at getting a CO2 generator, which is just a propane gas heater that has a few small burners. Either one will be a significant investment, but if you are already selling out of product with the dispenseries, then the investment will pay for itself quickly. :)

Yeah those CO2 buckets are a joke....if it was that easy and that cheap do you think growers would spend the money for the tanks, regulators etc? I would look at increasing my ventilation before wasting the money on those buckets. Jmo

ShOrTbUs said:
every review i've read says they just dont produce enough co2. not to say that they dont work, but you need to run many many buckets at the same time just to reach a substantial increase in c02 levels. not worth it IMO.

this is my take on c02. its expensive, plain and simple. if your not willing to spend a good chunk of change on the investment, then its not even worth it to bother. you can produce amazing mj without it.

everyone tends to think its really big hit getting into running c02 here is some food for thought
co2 bottle rental 48.00 a month including re fil 5 foot bottle now depending on how big your room is might change on refill costs
Cap 3 c02 , temp , humidity controller under 200.00
regulator and solenoid 115.00
So initial start up is really not bad at all
315 + bottle rental can guarantee you first run would pay for it 10 times if not more over how much is a 0z going for in your neck of the woods ???
So in reality its not to crazy??? its the add on's like AC de humidfier etc and how top end you wanna go

DrFever said:
everyone tends to think its really big hit getting into running c02 here is some food for thought
co2 bottle rental 48.00 a month including re fil 5 foot bottle now depending on how big your room is might change on refill costs
Cap 3 c02 , temp , humidity controller under 200.00
regulator and solenoid 115.00
So initial start up is really not bad at all
315 + bottle rental can guarantee you first run would pay for it 10 times if not more over how much is a 0z going for in your neck of the woods ???
So in reality its not to crazy??? its the add on's like AC de humidfier etc and how top end you wanna go

i hear you on that. i based my answer on what i would do. which would not be low end :). i'f im upgrading to c02, then i'm going all out.

hydrogen generator
iponic controller
ac
humidifier
DE-humidifier
an additional inline fan incase i get pests and wanna jack the ppm lvls to 10k to kill everything, then empty the room of the c02 quickly.
...you know, full atmospheric control

and gotta bump the lumens up to atleast 8000 per sq ft

ohh and where im from its up to 450$ per ounce on the street lol

I don't tend to think it is hella expensive, I just have to laugh at the thought that a CO2 bucket can replace an actual CO2 setup.

Hamster Lewis said:
I don't tend to think it is hella expensive, I just have to laugh at the thought that a CO2 bucket can replace an actual CO2 setup.
Yup another Great gimmick,
I have not come across these pails but a friend makes beer and wine in his grow room and swears the extra c02 from fermenting has made a difference:D

DrFever said:
Yup another Great gimmick,
I have not come across these pails but a friend makes beer and wine in his grow room and swears the extra c02 from fermenting has made a difference:D

Lol....we all have friends like that.:D

ShOrTbUs said:
i hear you on that. i based my answer on what i would do. which would not be low end :). i'f im upgrading to c02, then i'm going all out.

hydrogen generator
iponic controller
ac
humidifier
DE-humidifier
an additional inline fan incase i get pests and wanna jack the ppm lvls to 10k to kill everything, then empty the room of the c02 quickly.
...you know, full atmospheric control

and gotta bump the lumens up to atleast 8000 per sq ft

ohh and where im from its up to 450$ per ounce on the street lol

wow looks like your plans on moving up in the growing is going to be great that iponic is the best investment you will ever make :hubba:

DrFever said:
wow looks like your plans on moving up in the growing is going to be great that iponic is the best investment you will ever make :hubba:

yeah, i've been drooling over it for about 8 months now

Latest posts

Back