Rosebud's 2014 new beginning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosebud, Heat may not be the problem. In my limited experience with LEDs they dont penetrate way down. I do LST in veg and ScroG in flower. I'm going for a flat canopy of buds with the lower plant cleaned out. Your plants are tall and thin, I find short and wide works best with LEDs. Just my two cents. I'll attach two pics, one of three plants before flower and one at harvest day. got over 6 oz in a 24 x 36 closet.

View attachment dsc04345 (2).jpg

View attachment 67days-harvest.jpg

Thanks! What a lovely shot. These plants got too big in veg... I will go for short and fat next time. That is a beautiful scrog.

And heat was the problem, it got to 109 F outside and the tubing came off the back of the air conditioner that was vented out a window.. It was a 100 for several hours. Horrible. I can't believe they made it at all. If i had been HPS, they would be literal toast.

Thank you for checking in and i love any advice i can get on LED. Very cool.

You do have a really beautiful scrog there. Well done Chaz...:)

Hi Sawhse, nice to see you again. You too WH, are you still working out of town?

You guys, i have a major confession. I suck at growing pot.

I have been running my LED's wrong. Was running on just "flower" and not Growth and flower! Pj was kind enough to tell me that i could blow the lights doing that. How did i get so stupid? Is it old age or too much pot? I don't remember ever reading on their web site that i should run both for flowering... Anyway, nothing is blown.

The plants are showing signs of their heat stress from a few weeks ago. It was 106 here yesterday but the shed stayed at 80. Thank goodness.

I have had a bad year of stupid mistakes in the grow room.

Just want you all to know I know nothing about growing pot.

lol Don't be so hard on yourself Rose. I make so many mistakes in a day, its a wonder I'm still alive. lol :)

You live you learn. No need to be hard on yourself. We have all had our moments.

For reals, don't be so hard on yourself. Hell, how many times I lose count of cap fills of nutes per watering can... Hell baked is usually the cause. But have yet to have too adverse affects. Your nurse Larry beans are thriving too! You rule Rose! :)

Thank you for indulging me in my huge self pity. I guess the lesson is grows are like life, sometimes they suck and sometimes you are at the beach...However I have had a stupid growing year. I thank each of you for the kind words. I don't know what I would do without you growing peeps.

Here is a morning picture of Nurse Larry.. and a baby satori that FINALLY sexed after 9 weeks or something crazy.

I still can't decide to cut up from the bottom or not...View attachment DSCF3179.jpg

View attachment DSCF3176.jpg

very nice mrs rb---i would trim those bottoms and possibly even thin the middle just a tad---jmo

Thank you Orange. It got huge didn't it. It is peeking at the top of the fence. I know you will say to bend her over.... but I keep hoping she will start flowering. I will have to give some serious thought to pruning her up. It is too hot to do that heavy of a pruning now. I would be removing a third of the bush probably, and she doesn't need that stress in the 106 temps, you agree?

stress is no bueno---i worry more bout u working od in those temps than how ur plant would react---after looking at her again---IMO she needs to be cut waaay back---1/3 over all would cash u in huge colas---another IMO---u should do this thinning/cut back before she begins to flower---don't have to do it all at once---maybe just a little bit each night when it cools down a bit---u want her to be fully recovered from the haircut before she needs to direct her energy toward flowering

You aren't talking topping at this stage are you? Just the bottom 1/3?

i would trim the bottom and thin the middle too---no need to top when u can bend---u know im big on airflow to combat PM and prefer a few fat colas over a bunch of larf and popcorn---thinning and trimming redirects the plants energy towards those goals after the initial shock of being cut back

u wanna top something---i see 2 cuts u could make on the nurse larry before she takes off

Latest posts

Back