Need good seeds for wet wether

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2phj007

Reaction score
I live in costa rica have bought seeds but not to many of them work well or grow big plants. I have a outdoor garden there is 12/12 light all the time here. It is sunny here for 7 months no rain and temps are hot 95 in sun and 70 at night . 4 months of rain down pores heavy 10 times a week mabye 10in a week temps are 85 day 71 night . I have no water problems or soil problems to. Just the wrong seeds .Need good strain for here to grow right.

if you need rain and mold resistance try vancouver island seeds thier breed for a bit harsher weather than others

I can't beleive i'm posting this advice, but, have you considered growing indoors?

there are distinct advantages as far as complete climate control.

n2phj007,

What kind of seeds do you have?

Also, if you are worried about too much water on the plants you can plant on a sloped hill or put a mound around your plants. Planting on the side of a hill or placing your plants with a mound around them will allow water to drain off and not sit on your plants.

Hope this helps :)

HazeMe

thanks beds are rasied but it rains in buckets for three months here

i try a lot of seeds a get a lot of bad ones from seed banks so i am doing it my self .

:holysheep: i try a lot of seeds a get a lot of bad ones from seed banks so i am doing it my self .

n2phj007, If you're going to order seeds then I would recommend "attitude seeds". They are the most reliable IMO.

Look at your soil and see how much water it is holding. You can buy additives for the soil the will allow the soil to drain much more rapidly.

Is there a lot of clay where you live? If so, you should definitely put something in with the soil that will allow it to drain quickly.

If you're not too worried about stealth you can use a green house tent. That would allow you to control the water yourself.

Keep on trying.
HazeMe

im telling you find seed from vancouver island seeds their seeds are bred to restist mold and wet weather
texada timewarp is one fo their bests

HazeMe said:
n2phj007, If you're going to order seeds then I would recommend "attitude seeds". They are the most reliable IMO.

Look at your soil and see how much water it is holding. You can buy additives for the soil the will allow the soil to drain much more rapidly.

Is there a lot of clay where you live? If so, you should definitely put something in with the soil that will allow it to drain quickly.

If you're not too worried about stealth you can use a green house tent. That would allow you to control the water yourself.

Keep on trying.
HazeMe
No soil is good no prolbems there .

Latest posts

Back