Watering System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
I just been wondering on what the best watering system that I could use, but, be able to take off for a few days?
And how many Drops pre hour of water for a plant ?

I got some Idea!!
As for the Drainage I am going to buy a big plastic storeage cantainers from Walmart to hold 4) 5 gallons and go to the hardware store and buy some pvc pipe parts and run a drain outside to my tomatos and that way I can water 2 sets of plants..

It is not right to water MJ plants on a dripper system 27/7 because the roots need time to breathe between waterings. There are automatic water systems that can be left on a timer that cost about 80 bucks on eBay. I would suggest looking into one of those. Your local garden store may even have something like that for you too!

thats kool i need to check out something like that less work:).

DLtoker said:
It is not right to water MJ plants on a dripper system 27/7 because the roots need time to breathe between waterings. There are automatic water systems that can be left on a timer that cost about 80 bucks on eBay. I would suggest looking into one of those. Your local garden store may even have something like that for you too!

Yea i figure that ..
Thank I'll have to check into that !!!

DLtoker said:
It is not right to water MJ plants on a dripper system 24/7 because the roots need time to breathe between waterings.

I 100% disagree in every way shape and form... I've NEVER had a timer on my pump... always run it 24/7... never had a plant go bad or die... EVER. Your roots can ''breathe'' oxygen from the water...

Think for a moment.... in a Deep Water Culture Setup... the roots are directly swimming in the nutrient solution.

As long as your res is aerated... you don't need a pump timer.

KADE said:
I 100% disagree in every way shape and form... I've NEVER had a timer on my pump... always run it 24/7... never had a plant go bad or die... EVER. Your roots can ''breathe'' oxygen from the water...

Think for a moment.... in a Deep Water Culture Setup... the roots are directly swimming in the nutrient solution.

But everything I have ever read has told me they needed time to air out. DWCs and soil I don't think is the right way to compare it but I have never really tried it. I have seen pictures of people's plants all droopy and wilted due to over watering (people watering every day or multiple times a day) so I figured it would be safe to assume that would be the end result. But, if you say you do it, you must be right. Experience can prove or disprove everything. Do you have any pics of how your system is set up? Is it running inside?

KADE said:

But how much water are you dripping off pre hour?
And where is your excess water going from the drainage holes?

I have had a drip system on my Plants when there outside and that was good on those hot days and I had taken a watering hose and fixed it to water my Tomato Plants also,, I took and put a sprayer or anything that will stop the water from coming out at the end of hose, so then I took a sharp point and put a hole into hose and big enough to put a screw into it and done that with all the tomato plants and turned on water and do alittle adjustment to each screw and there you go and small drip system ONLY for Outside ! By doing does takes alittle time to adjust and I have also put on alittle Teflon Tape on the screws I thought that be better then other tapes for better drip..
I Only done this because the hose was OLD (HeHe) and didn't want to spend any money.. It works for Me..

The inside Plants would be alot different do to the temp won't get over 80 in my room and the water won't evaporate like out side!

You couldn't do it in soil... it'll kill them off in a couple days.

I didn't see soil mentioned in the post I was replying to...... oops?

Latest posts

Back