Nobody@All's First Grow - Send The Green MoJo This Way Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nobody@All

Reaction score
Well.....we're off to decent start so far. I've read posts until my eyes started to bleed. Then finally decided to start my journal and submit it to this esteemed panel of experts. Wish me luck!

Here's some background...
Grow box is a 2' x 4' x 4' basic mylar lined box with two 125CFM fans for ventilation/cooling. One sucking in down low, one blowing out up high. Temps are staying between 90F during the hottest part of the day and 70ish during the nite....averages about 10 degrees hotter than the room it's in. Lighting ideas were provided by the most excellent "CFL Lighting 101" post here.....:lama: Thank you cyberquest :lama:
There's 4 of the 65W 6500K Florex flood lights @ 8905 lumens/6233.5 PGL each and 10 26W 5500K full spectrum spirals @ 1600 lumens/1120 PGL each for a grand total of 51620 lumens/36134 PGL in a perfect world. ;)

I'm using a soil-less mix of equal parts pearlite/vermiculite/peat moss and setting up the pots as recommended in Mutt's most excellent post.....:lama: Thank you Mutt:lama: The pots are 1.5 gallon for the little ones and 3.5 gallon when they grow up. Nutes are Supernatural's Grow Aqua and Bloom Aqua (for the one's that have made it to flowering so far...) mixed as per the label. 700-1000 ppm max but I've not gone over 850 ppm yet. I also use their Superleach once or twice a month depending on how they look. The babies are being raised in a DYI bubbler style cloner :lama: Thanks Massproducer:lama: with one small mod. I epoxy'd a "jump start" tray and dome to the top, cutting out a section at the bottom for the babies. This was to keep the humidity up and stop them from drying out. I'm just now into week 2 of flowering for the three grown ladies (one clone from a friend and two bagseeds) and week 2 of vegging for the latest ones...two Arjan's Haze #2 and a Big Bang from greenhouse seeds....and last but not least, the babies. I've got two clones rooted so far - from the other clone a week before flowering - and 6 in the bubbler - two each from the other clone and the two bagseeds. Here's the pics....or at least what I can fit in this post for now. The rest are up in the gallery in my CFL Grow - Fall 2008 Album

CFL Grow Box-Lights Tilted.jpg

Clones from Plant 6 - Unknown Strain 001.jpg

Plant 1 - Bagseed001.jpg

Plant 2 - Bagseed001.jpg

Plant 3 - Arjan's Haze #2-003.jpg

Plant 4 - Arjan's Haze #2-003.jpg

Plant 5 - Big Bang002.jpg

Plant 6 - Unknown Strain 001.jpg

CFL Grow001.jpg

:watchplant: :farm: IMO add more fans, temp to high. I 'm thinking of building a grow closet a little bigger with 2 fan for intake and 2 output and 1 4in hole.

:tokie: :48:

:goodposting: :woohoo: :goodposting:

ozzydiodude said:
:watchplant: :farm: IMO add more fans, temp to high. I 'm thinking of building a grow closet a little bigger with 2 fan for intake and 2 output and 1 4in hole.

I'm still working on the ventilation and lighting....I want to add two additional fans, one in and one out. I also want to replace the spiral CFL's with 4 more of the 65W floodlights, but they are $40 a pop and I ran outta funding. In the interim I've been taking the little ladies out into the sunshine during the day...they seem to be happy with it so far.:)

Go to "HD" for $200 they have a 400watt HPS. only $40 more.

ozzydiodude said:
Go to "HD" for $200 they have a 400watt HPS. only $40 more.

Already committed to the CFL setup.....the HID would require the removal of the existing adjustable lighting, a pre or self built cool tube, and much more ventalation. With the CFL's I only need $40 to upgrade....then $40 at a later time, etc. I can come up with the random $40, but $200 is another story.

mebeafarmer said:
Greetings,

I'm a rookie doing my first CFL grow as well. I'm only 10 days in and yours look like monsters to me.

Good luck my fellow farmer,

:farm:

Once they start......stand back and don't blink or you'll miss it!:watchplant:

:banana: :farm: Plenty of Green Mojo to you Mebeafarmer:farm: :banana:

sorry forgot this ,,, heres some green mojo for ya babies :48:

I'm growing CFL's too bro.

So I'm eager to see your results.

Here's some extra green mojo! :D

Well the good news is I finally got some pics of the flowering ladies and the clones....had to borrow a camera to get them. My camera broke right after taking the last set of photos, leaving me with just the cell phone's camera, which sucks ***

Unfortunately I also found a problem with the big one....no, not the prior nute burn or ph problem....I can see some roots through the bottom drainage holes. Apparently the 3.5 gallon pot isn't enough for her so I'll have to transplant her. :( I'm giving her a B1 soaking now and will get her into the new pot before morning so that I don't interrupt the light cycle....or let her go another day all cramped up.

Plant 6 - Unknown Strain - 2nd Week Flowering001.jpg

Plant 6 - Unknown Strain - 2nd Week Flowering002.jpg

Plant 6 - Unknown Strain - 2nd Week Flowering003.jpg

Plant 1 - Bagseed 1st Week Flowering001.jpg

Plant 1 - Bagseed 1st Week Flowering003.jpg

Plant 2 - Bagseed 1st Week Flowering002.jpg

Plant 2 - Bagseed 1st Week Flowering003.jpg

Clones 001.jpg

Clones 002.jpg

I got her transplanted before lights out. :holysheep: The 3.5 gallon pot was STUFFED with roots:holysheep: If I didn't know better (and I probably don't...) I'd say the dang plant ate most of the soil-less mix:hubba: I used a technique I read in a post here recently and cut the plant out of it's pot, first removing the bottom to dump the rocks. Then I placed it over the new square container and all but the old pot just fit in the opening....how convienient. :D Then a quick slice up the side and that's when I saw just how badly she needed the extra space. It was one big solid mass. I could have gotten it out of the old pot in one piece without all the cutting.....if I wasn't worried about shocking the **** out of her. She got a nice B1 soaking before and after the transplant and is looking good so far. Not to mention how much better she fits in the flowering chamber with her two roomates. I've GOT to get more of those containers. I'll take some more pics at lights on time....

Will the tranplant delay harvest due to root growing into new container?

LOL GREEN MOJO

If I'm lucky and if I was gentle enough.....and sacrifice a goat or two....she won't miss a beat.

When I checked on the little laddy the next day I was beat. As soon as I saw she was ok, I locked it all up and passed out for the night. The next day (Sunday) she, and the rest of them for that matter, looked great.:D

Here's some pics...

Plant 6 Start Week 3 002.jpg

Plant 6 Start Week 3 004.jpg

Plant 6 Start Week 3 005.jpg

Plant 6 Start Week 3 006.jpg

Plant 6 Start Week 3 007.jpg

I've also started supercropping my vegging ladies and I'll be putting up a trellis in the grow box today to keep their height down while my three flowering ladies ripen up. Here's the before shots.

Plant 3 Start Week 3 001.jpg

Plant 4 Start Week 3 001.jpg

Plant 5 Start Week 3 001.jpg

Latest posts

Back