I turn to Mother Nature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7thG

Victimless Criminal
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Az u may have guessed im about to take that step. Ive done my research and have a BASIC understanding of what im getting into. This website iz what i really needed however.

Here are my plans....
I have a large dresser which im gonna hollow out for this project(choices r limited). Im using soil and plan on starting out wit 2 plantz. I want to use grow lux lites or smething like that. Im not rich but i have a little cash to get started with. My concern iz the dresser....since im growing in a confined area im guessing ventilation will be important? And also i want to get quality equipment but i dont feel like using a hps lamp in a "box" will be safe(hot). But since i plan on ordering seeds i want to do everything neccessary to get my moneys worth. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Online seed ordering SAFE or SETUP????

welcome to the forum.
for a lil box grow a 70w-150w hps would be great. if you take a bunch of compact flos, same area you'd use more wattage for same lumens. So really packing in CFL's (which do get hot) would be same if not more risk.
Vent. is very important. For lil box grows, computer fans high CFM is a cheap way to go. (just gut em from old computers or buy em...they are cheap)
If odor is going to be an issue...then your gonna spend some cash. but for a simple 2-4 plant gig. get a 70 dollar 70w hps from homedepot some computer fans (how to in the DIY section) if you can get 2 70W in there without heat probs go for it. You'll grow 2 plants fine.
Take a look around the stealth grows in the grow journal ;) Toy boxes, cabs, computer cases. Tons of info. ;)

also read info about training for even canopy height to promote more bud sites, rather than a huge top cola in your confined space.

IMO, a small wattage HPS in a cool tube would be far safer and cooler (and cheaper) than a multitude of CFLs.

Both ventilation and circulation are very vital to your plants health.
Most fans have a CFM (Cubic Feet per minute) rating.
The formula I use is Length X Width X (Height X 1.2)= CFM You will need.
If you come up with 75-80 CFM, You could either use one fan that was 80 cfm and just use a shutter for intake.
The prefferred method is to split it up-two 40 cfm fans.
One for intake.
One for exhaust.
You also need a circulator within your cabinet.This helps develop strong stems and growth. Your circulator just needs to put a light breeze on your plants.

:ccc:Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!!!:ccc:

Gb

Latest posts

Back