Organic Teas! Whats your brew?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drfting07

Don't panic it's Organic!
Reaction score
Thought I would start a kind of tea recipe thread. A lot of people enjoy brewing their own, and using it as a primary organic food source, as a supplemental tea, or as a foliar apray. There are so many different additives and ratios people use. Maybe this will clear up a lot of "newby-ish" question we get about the topic also.

If your in, post what you like for Veg, Flower and Micro-Maintanance. :icon_smile:

Heres Drfting's Organic Brew: I make 5 gallons and use when needed, as a foliar or watering.
Veg: 1 cup Dr. Earth Organic 5 Fetilizer per gallon of water, 1-2 Tbls Brier Rabbit Mollasses per gallon of water. Brew with air-pump for minimum 36 hours and use full strength @ 3 weeks old.
Micro: 1 Tbls Brier Rabbit Mollasses per gallon of water :p
Flower: 1 cup Dr. Earth Organic 8 Fetilizer per gallon of water, 1-2 Tbls Brier Rabbit Mollasses per gallon of water. Brew with air-pump for minimum 36 hours and use full strength until chop

Maybe some people will play along....
Thanks Marijuana Passion! and Green Mojo!
Drfting07

Of the 79 people that have looked at this, no one has an organic tea recipe?

Guess im gonna have to drag some friends in here for me.

Ifin I may be forward up front to fire I be common to use urine from the night after the night before but seriously pee make it for me.

BWD

I figured BWD would use some type of bear and human excrement to grow hIs flowers :)

I never did do teas. So IDK

I tried pee but it ended up yellow and smelled like amonia my freind trimmed some and asked why certain buds were like that i said thats brutus he wondered what kinda of strain that was i said rottweiller
kinda do an eyeball measurement. I use a 50 gallon drum with aqua heater and a big aerator with 4 stones. For veg I use humic acid, mollases, EJ's catalyst, kelp(powder), EJ's bat guano grow , and there volcanic bloom very little and then the Alaskan humus.
For flower I use the exact same. I just change the amounts. I add extra kelp and mollases as a hardener. Near end.
I do measure with a ver accurate eyeball

:ciao:

Taking notes here and there... I've begun the "switch".

Doesn't anyone have tea recipes that don't use commercial products like Dr. Earth or EJ? I cannot get stuff like that where I live, but I do have access to a lot of manures and worm castings.

Heres one I have been using awhile now that seems to work for me.

5 Gal Dechlorinated water(I dont check or pay attention to PH)
5 TBL(tablespoon) Blackstrap Molasses
2 Cups worm casting
1 Cup compost
5 TBL Epson Salts
5 TBL Blood meal
5 TBL Bone meal

Brew for 48 hrs in a aeration bucket(air stone in a bucket) the more air the better.Then strain before mixing or using. Then mix 50/50 with plain dechlorinated water and water your plants. For a treat for my ladies I Use 25%Tea/75% plain dechlorinated water as a folier spray.

Any thing that does not desolve in the brewing time just gets added to the compost pile.

i free hand pour all my ingredients

veg tea/watering
sulphured molasses
fish emulsion or fish powder
hygrozyme

work in some bone meal at the flip

flower tea/watering
sulphured molasses
kelp powder
humic acid

Hey drfting07- How you been?

Sounds like your mixing up nutes rather than brewing a tea. You really need to add something that has some type of bacterial life in it- like worm castings, guano, or a commercial product like Espoma Bio-Tone. That's what will get the activity going in the tea to start breaking down the organic elements and matter to give you slightly quicker results when you feed the mix to your plants. Watch out for some wacky smells.

Hi THG-
Worm castings will make a good tea, but be careful with manures as they may have more anaerobic bacteria and are also high in salts, unless they have been well composted. Garden compost makes great teas also. I guess it depends on what you're trying to achieve: Something specific to address a nutrient deficiency or trying to increase microbial life present in the soil and on the plant itself from foilar sprays.

Happy Growing!

The Hemp Goddess said:
Doesn't anyone have tea recipes that don't use commercial products like Dr. Earth or EJ? I cannot get stuff like that where I live, but I do have access to a lot of manures and worm castings.

I use bat guanos and worm castings plus molasses in my teas.

I have use well composted cow manure for my OD. Really gets the microbes moving, but sure has a smell and I did not use much.

THG for your SS mix I would use ozzi the dude's mix just to get some extra micro's in your soil. maybe add some 4TBS of poweder kelp. kelp and mollasses are a great team. if no good compost just use 4 cups of worm castings
I don't know about epsom salts, bone meal, and blood meal. I would think they have an effect on micro's? Ozzydiodude? maybe slow micro's building process.
he may use these for the same reason I use guano's that there are micro's in them already breaking them down that will also grow

Sub out the commercial brands with quality subsitutes

ozzydiodude said:
5 Gal Dechlorinated water(I dont check or pay attention to PH)
5 TBL(tablespoon) Blackstrap Molasses
2 Cups worm casting
1 Cup compost

Brew for 48 hrs in a aeration bucket(air stone in a bucket) the more air the better.Then strain before mixing or using. Then mix 50/50 with plain dechlorinated water and water your plants. For a treat for my ladies I Use 25%Tea/75% plain dechlorinated water as a folier spray.

Thanks--I am going to do just that! I was out of bone meal and was just waiting for that. I have access to great compost.

BBFan said:
Hey drfting07- How you been?

Sounds like your mixing up nutes rather than brewing a tea. You really need to add something that has some type of bacterial life in it- like worm castings, guano, or a commercial product like Espoma Bio-Tone. That's what will get the activity going in the tea to start breaking down the organic elements and matter to give you slightly quicker results when you feed the mix to your plants. Watch out for some wacky smells.
Happy Growing!

Hi BBFan :ciao:

Ive done the whole mixing and matching of single ingredient nutrients before, and brewed teas out of it. Im finding it much easier to have someone do the mixing and matching for me. Cheaper that way too. Dr. Earth is some good **** man. Heres whats in it:

Dr. Earth Organic 5; Alaskan fish bone meal, high country feather meal, Norwegian cold water kelp meal, valley grown alfalfa meal, colloidal soft rock phosphate, fish meal, mined potassium sulfate, humic acid, seaweed extract, beneficial soil microbes and myco

Dr. Earth Organic 8; Alaskan fish bone meal, high country feather meal, mined potassium sulfate, valley grown alfalfa meal, Norwegian cold water kelp meal, seaweed extract, beneficial microbes and myco

I add a few things as i brew, but its a pretty well rounded fert as is.

Glad people are finding this thread useful! Keep Updating! THANKS!
Drfting07

bubbling in 2.5 gal tap water---ph is a little high ---give or take a cup or 2 of bio organic with beneficials and a tbl or 2 of moalsses with sulphur

tea 001.jpg

mtnlaurel.com said:
The quality of molasses depends on the maturity of the sugar cane, the amount of sugar extracted, and the method of extraction. There are three major types of molasses: unsulphured, sulphured and blackstrap.

Unsulphured molasses is the finest quality. It is made from the juice of sun-ripened cane and the juice is clarified and concentrated.

Sulphured molasses is made from green sugar cane that has not matured long enough and treated with sulphur fumes during the sugar extracting process. Molasses from the first boiling is the finest grade because only a small amount of sugar has been removed. The second boil molasses takes on a darker color, is less sweet and has a more pronounced flavor.

Blackstrap molasses is from the third boil and only has a commercial value in the manufacture of cattle feed and other industrial uses.

Not sure if because of the sulphur being added or because being a more nutritionally dense sweetener.

Just did more research.

Sulphurated molasses kill the microbes.

The so2 must be bad.

Okay, good to know, duck.

I am putting a 5 gal cheesecloth paint strainer into a 5 gal bucket. When the brew is ready, all I have to do is lift the strainer out of the bucket and let drain. It is raining here this morning. I guess that this might be a good morning to make tea. I'd like to give my veggies a good foliar spray, too.

Latest posts

Back