5 years in Federal Prison for pot???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Silver Bullet Special said:
Well you come to the right place to learn how to grow the best around^ I've never been on a forum where people are actually this helpful for anything!

You are right. There are a lot of great people on this site. Very helpful...but, they are so far out of my league as far as 'growing'...I am lost.

A member, a few days ago, used the word 'lumens'...all I know is that it has something to do with light. Beyond that, I am lost. And do not care to research it...so long as they know.

I buy my stuff in a plastic bag (actually, a jar). I do not need to know the 'particulars.'

In the 'old days,' when I was a grower...all I used was sunlight...and dirt.
I am 'in the weeds' when I cross the border these folks are talking about.

I have been all over this site...these guys are dead serious!

It makes me truly grateful that they are 'among us.' Probably several hold degrees in Agriculture, Horticulture, Botany...etc

My furthest (is that a word?) advancement was by trial and error.
Pre internet...I am from the old school.
So much information available today that all I can do is be thankful.

Some are a bit argumentative...but, that is what makes it so GOOD!

I would love to sit by a campfire and bark philosophy with them.
Nothing brings out the best in people like being able to 'look them in the eye,'...

You can type bull crap all day long...but, look someone in the eye, and if you are wrong, the eyes will show it...the eyes are the windows to the soul (I do not know who said that...but, it is a great concept...don't you think? And, it is so bloody well true! If one of my canoe buddies gets out of line with a blast of blather...I just look him in the eye...all 'the mud' is washed away...IF he speaks the truth...I have never caught one in a falsehood yet...they know better...it is NOT tolerated)

Some of the lads on this site have gotten all over my butt...
Granted, I committed an error my first day out of the gate...but, I have mended my evil ways...I hope.

All I ask now is for them to share with me their blab...be it good or bad.

"If you can look into the seeds of time and tell me which seed will grow and which will not...speak then unto me."

I am knocking...I am seeking...I am asking.

All of your replies are so gratefully appreciated...and, Silver Bullet Special, you nailed it...these folks are among the best.

PartyBro420 said:
I would tend to disagree that the USA makes the best product :p Canada and the Netherlands have some of the best product IMOl

maybe at one time but now a days there are just so many growers in the U.S. the law of averages would tell us that some of the best smoke comes from our neighbours to the south. but absolutely it depends on the individual.

PartyBro420 said:
I would tend to disagree that the USA makes the best product :p Canada and the Netherlands have some of the best product IMO. Then again It really all depends who's growing it in the end.

As for the 12,000lbs :eek: thasalottagreen!

hope your stay at the forums is a little less rocky than the check in! lol

Re weed from Canada and the Netherlands...I cannot respond. So far as I know, I have never tried their products. But I am most willing to give it MY test...I like the 'cerebral high.'

Philosophy is my favorite quack.
I believe in a higher power...just ain't been able to wrap my arms around him/she/it, YET.

I read many years ago (or heard): "If it is God you seek, look for Him in a garden. You can dig for Him there."

I agree with '...depends on who's growing it...'
I grew some 'ragweed'...smoked about a pound, and all I got was a headache.

A friend, who knew what he was doing, grew some awesome smoke...and, I am not impressed very easily. His product was excellent! We solved all of the world's problems, cured all ills, and saw into the 'next life' over a couple of bowls.
He has my total respect as far as 'a grower.'

I have the blabs...too far gone for this time of day...I go now to have another beer, burn one, and watch the rest of "Superman"

I hope to hear from you again...
Many thanks for your reply
Stay safe and happy

Your thought about lumens reminded me of me when i first found MP.

Everything was abbreviated and I didn't have a clue. Now a lot of it makes sense. So you will absorb it in time. But you are correct that we are serious about our cannabis.
Enjoy.

You should play the Lotto. Doing 5 out of 15 on a Fed rap is damn lucky in my book.

I'd like to read a book by someone who never got caught..that would be a good read.
But...I guess if you don't get caught....no need to write a book.

Welcome to the Jungle.

NorCalHal said:
You should play the Lotto. Doing 5 out of 15 on a Fed rap is damn lucky in my book.

I'd like to read a book by someone who never got caught..that would be a good read.
But...I guess if you don't get caught....no need to write a book.

Welcome to the Jungle.

In the era that 'I was iin,' doing a third of the sentence was pretty much the norm for a marijuana offense.
I know that a few years later, the 'guidelines' were elevated to 85% of the sentence. I guess I made it just under the wire.

I agree with your book idea. That would be a good read.
If Ronald Reagan were still alive, maybe he could write it.

dman1234 said:
maybe at one time but now a days there are just so many growers in the U.S. the law of averages would tell us that some of the best smoke comes from our neighbours to the south. but absolutely it depends on the individual.

I have a cousin in California that buys medicinal marijuana. Holy Smokes!
The proverbial 'one hit' weed.
He told me that it was grown in his state...wherever it came from, it works!

Rosebud said:
Your thought about lumens reminded me of me when i first found MP.

Everything was abbreviated and I didn't have a clue. Now a lot of it makes sense. So you will absorb it in time. But you are correct that we are serious about our cannabis.
Enjoy.

I will have to look up 'lumens.' I am still in the dark on that one.

Re the abbreviations on this site...what does 'IMO' mean?

FlyingTooLow said:
Re the abbreviations on this site...what does 'IMO' mean?

IMO- In my opinion
IMHO-In my humble opinion
jmo-just my opinion

FlyingTooLow said:
I agree with your book idea. That would be a good read.
If Ronald Reagan were still alive, maybe he could write it.

Haha. I like this guy!

Longest "Introduce yourself" thread since that Korean dictator said hello.

Guess I best subscribe to it, under the premise "what is gonna happen next"?

tcbud said:

Kim Jong was awesome....too bad some peeps felt the need to run him off from here. That was an awesome thread though.

tcbud said:

"...since that Korean dictator said hello."

I love that kinda talk!

I'm going to subscribe to this thread, too...lot of good chatter on here.
I am really glad that I found this site.

I looked up 'lumen.' The light emitted by one candle...can that be right?
Or, did I miss something?
Then how many lumens does our sun send our way?

I never did understand 'soil PH.' When that was discussed in school, I was trying to look up Mary Sue's dress.
(that may not be a proper comment...What I meant was, I was looking up its cost in a catalog...I wanted to buy one for my sister)

Hamster Lewis said:
Kim Jong was awesome....too bad some peeps felt the need to run him off from here. That was an awesome thread though.

I don't know, Hamster...there is something about 'dictators' that just does not feel right.

Kinda like today's federal government.
(but, at least I can say that without getting shot...maybe)

Little FYI Flying KIm Jong was a old member that make some greatly hilariuos posts.

I dont think they can measure hw much light the sun does truely put out. Lumens is just a measurement of manmade light sources that we use for referance mostly for indoor growing.

Natural healthy living soils will have a PH of around 6.5 to 7.2 from what I have read. For MJ a PH of 6.5 tp 6.8 is the best range

ozzydiodude said:
Little FYI Flying KIm Jong was a old member that make some greatly hilariuos posts.

I dont think they can measure hw much light the sun does truely put out. Lumens is just a measurement of manmade light sources that we use for referance mostly for indoor growing.

Natural healthy living soils will have a PH of around 6.5 to 7.2 from what I have read. For MJ a PH of 6.5 tp 6.8 is the best range

Much glad you straightened me out re Kim Jong. I have never followed North Korea's...anything.
I am going to look up his 'hilarious posts.' You just cannot have too many 'funnies' in your blab.
Some of the tales my redneck canoe buddies tell will slay you.
One about a fishing cast a lad made and caught a bat in midair. Not with the hook...the line wrapped around him and brought him to earth. He was released unharmed. (I guess you had to be there)

The lumens thing has me puzzled. Is there a guage...or something like that?

'Natural healthy living soils...'

That has a nice ring to it. I grow some pretty awesome cacti here in Florida...everything I use is organic. Milorganite...my weapon of choice as fertilizer...and banana peels.
My wife's Grandmother grew some spectacular roses...and they supposedly do not do well in this climate. She said her secret was feeding her roses her hair trimmings...whatever it was, it worked.

A 'grower's guide,' published in the early 1970's, is the best book I have ever read re healthy plants and how to help them grow.
A few years ago I looked for it at Barnes and Noble. It had been re-classified as 'occult literature.' It seems it was met with a lot of skepticism.
Nonetheless, one of the most well documented and researched works ever published (IMHO). "The Secret Life of Plants"

I read it as I was trying to grow weed in that era. It helped me grow a LOT. But, sadly, the quality was not competitive with either the Colombians or the Mexicans. Some lads out of Canada bought the whole lot. I guess their standards, back then, were somewhat lower. Then again, it could have been the price...cheap...mucho cheap.

i think i saw once where the sun emits roughly 10,000 lumens per sq ft at a distance of 93 million miles.

dman1234 said:
i think i saw once where the sun emits roughly 10,000 lumens per sq ft at a distance of 93 million miles.

Wow!
Is there a 'grow light' available that can match that?
I have no clue.

I have a spotlight that supposedly cranks out 1/2 million candle power.
Would that equate to 1/2 million lumens?

FlyingTooLow said:
Wow!
Is there a 'grow light' available that can match that?
I have no clue.

I have a spotlight that supposedly cranks out 1/2 million candle power.
Would that equate to 1/2 million lumens?

I am using two 600's that put out just over 10k

yes the would equate at 1/2 mill at 1 foot distance.

Latest posts

Back